USJ, MADISON, OVERTON scrimmage

JOE23

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison's jr varsity got smoked by overton. The first game between Madison and Overton with the varsity playing it was Madison 3 Overton 1. Next time, get your facts right before you blow off at the mouth. First game between USJ and Overton, it was a tie 0-0. Was not impressed by Overton except the fact that they kept falling down and getting hurt or faking getting hurt. Nothing fancy about Overton at all.

Just saw Usj and Madison get smoked by Overton in their scrimmages today at USJ.

usj vs overton 0-3

madison vs overton 0-5

I'm sure they're glad Overton is AAA and not AA-A.

Madison's jr varsity got smoked by overton. The first game between Madison and Overton with the varsity playing it was Madison 3 Overton 1. Next time, get your facts right before you blow off at the mouth. First game between USJ and Overton, it was a tie 0-0. Was not impressed by Overton except the fact that they kept falling down and getting hurt or faking getting hurt. Nothing fancy about Overton at all.

so, what was the schedule exactly? who played the first game? and how many games were played? What is your opinion on USJ?

Edited by manU721

to tell you the truth, mustangs...Madison looked bad today, very bad...I know it was a scrimmage and you guys lost Kenny, but you had Nick, Matt, Taylor, and a couple other Wolves and you guys still didn't play good... Overton and USJ were in another league

Dude, you must not have read the second post. Madison 3 Overton 1. Madison Varsity man-handled Overton. They don't like contact. We made contact.

Madison was not only missing Kenny. They had no true forward today and still played good. What was so great about Overton beating the jv team? They were glad they got to score.

To say Madison was not in their league, you must not know enough about soccer. At the end of the year, you will see where Madison will be. I will grant you that. Without the exchange student for USJ, how good will they be in post tournament?

He will be playing in the tennis finals. Better tennis player than soccer is what the word is.

to tell you the truth, mustangs...Madison looked bad today, very bad...I know it was a scrimmage and you guys lost Kenny, but you had Nick, Matt, Taylor, and a couple other Wolves and you guys still didn't play good... Overton and USJ were in another league

Dude, you must not have read the second post. Madison 3 Overton 1. Madison Varsity man-handled Overton. They don't like contact. We made contact.

Madison was not only missing Kenny. They had no true forward today and still played good. What was so great about Overton beating the jv team? They were glad they got to score.

To say Madison was not in their league, you must not know enough about soccer. At the end of the year, you will see where Madison will be. I will grant you that. Without the exchange student for USJ, how good will they be in post tournament?

He will be playing in the tennis finals. Better tennis player than soccer is what the word is.

What is going on with USJ?? What exchange student are you talking about? Are you talking about that big guy in the middle? I've never seen him before... How good do you think USJ will be this season?

I would have to agree with the Madison posters on here. Madison beat Overton 3-1, USJ tied Overton 0-0, and Madison lost to USJ 2-0. This is when they played varsity. JV doesn't matter a whole lot, unless you want to talk about how they will be in a couple years. However, I definitely don't think this was a true test of the varsity teams because both teams were missing players. Madison was without their best forward, Kenny, which has already been said. And they were also without one of their best defenders Wilkes. USJ did pick up a few new exchange players. The bigger guy in the middle is from Brazil. He scored both goals on Madison. I have also heard they picked up a German keeper. But, USJ was missing their goalie for the day and they picked up one of Lambuth's goalies for the varsity scrimmages. (Madison didn't replace their missing players with college players.) Which, is a big part of why nobody scored on USJ. Not taking anything away from USJ though, their defense does look pretty solid. I'm interested to see how they do against Sheffield, Dyersburg, and ECS in the jamboree.

Edited by Svebakken

I would have to agree with the Madison posters on here. Madison beat Overton 3-1, USJ tied Overton 0-0, and Madison lost to USJ 2-0. This is when they played varsity. JV doesn't matter a whole lot, unless you want to talk about how they will be in a couple years. However, I definitely don't think this was a true test of the varsity teams because both teams were missing players. Madison was without their best forward, Kenny, which has already been said. And they were also without one of their best defenders Wilkes. USJ did pick up a few new exchange players. The bigger guy in the middle is from Brazil. He scored both goals on Madison. I have also heard they picked up a German keeper. But, USJ was missing their goalie for the day and they picked up one of Lambuth's goalies for the varsity scrimmages. (Madison didn't replace their missing players with college players.) Which, is a big part of why nobody scored on USJ. Not taking anything away from USJ though, their defense does look pretty solid. I'm interested to see how they do against Sheffield, Dyersburg, and ECS in the jamboree.

Does that Brazilian guy get to play for the season? Because I saw on another post that he won't be there for the latter part of the year. what grade is he in?

Does that Brazilian guy get to play for the season? Because I saw on another post that he won't be there for the latter part of the year. what grade is he in?

The word is that the Brazilian guy is better at tennis than soccer. He is going to try to play both, but will probably put tennis above soccer, or so people have said. I think if he is scoring goals, Coach Leonardi will find a way to keep him on the soccer field.

OK... First off Overton did lose to Madison. But none of the goals were legit. the other 1 was an error by an overton player and the other was the ref not calling off sides. and the last one was an overton player just didnt clear the ball out. Madison didnt really produce any goals. Than Overton Beat USJ 3-0 and Usj Beat Madison. I think Overton played the best of the 2 teams

OK... First off Overton did lose to Madison. But none of the goals were legit. the other 1 was an error by an overton player and the other was the ref not calling off sides. and the last one was an overton player just didnt clear the ball out. Madison didnt really produce any goals. Than Overton Beat USJ 3-0 and Usj Beat Madison. I think Overton played the best of the 2 teams

Thank you! i totally agree

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. 2 goals is not that close in a soccer game. If Overton played the best of the 3 teams, why did they make so many errors that caused them non legitimate goals?