Northwest High in Clarksville

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

WHat is going on over in that area. Have they hired any new coaches yet?

I thought someone said that Coach Hood from Montgomery Central would be the choice for this job, but that same person also said that Coach Ray was leaving Montgomery Central (which is FAR from true).

Whoever takes the job I wish that person the best because rebuilding is in store at Northwest :thumb:

I thought someone said that Coach Hood from Montgomery Central would be the choice for this job, but that same person also said that Coach Ray was leaving Montgomery Central (which is FAR from true).

Whoever takes the job I wish that person the best because rebuilding is in store at Northwest :thumb:

A long process in rebuilding Northwest.

• 4 weeks later...

Northwest has a very good chance to be good next year sense they have got rid of a bad apple on the coaching staff and if coach hood knows whats good for him he will come and coach because Northwest has a better talent than Mchs.

May have better talent. But also more discipline problems. He would want to be able to control that as a head coach. Not come in as an assistant and try to control it but get no help from head coach. That in itself is a bad situation.

Have they hired any coaches yet?

Northwest has a very good chance to be good next year sense they have got rid of a bad apple on the coaching staff and if coach hood knows whats good for him he will come and coach because Northwest has a better talent than Mchs.

As a proud member of the Viking Family, it breaks my heart to announce that Northwest will have another yet another long drought in the win column this year. Senior leadership won the first game for them last year, and pure heart won the homecoming game against Rossview. But all the heart Northwest had last year left with the senior class. Northwest is going to fall to the sub-500 football team that people have come to expect since its opening. Granted Northwest has had some good years of football, especially during the Lathom Era in the early 70's. But since then Northwest has had two winning seasons and one 5-5 season.

In other news... with the sniffer out of the picture the team has changed their focus. New plays have been developed in the off season. Such plays include "Lean with it," "Rock with it", "Jack Daniel's", "Southern Comfort", "Whiskey" and "Smirnoff" So instead of the players going out for a burger and fires after the game... they will now be attending the local AA meetings.

Hey, they may not be able to play good ball. But at least they know their drinks.

But their is good news, look for Bratton to lead the Viking offensive ground attack and VanBruggen to lead the defense. But unfortunately two good athletes don't win games on their own. It takes 11 on O, 11 on D, and the "best coach on this side of the Mississippi"... the spring game will tell the tale.

Coachwhoknows

Edited by CoachwhoKnows

But their is good news, look for Bratton to lead the Viking offensive ground attack and VanBruggen to lead the defense. But unfortunately two good athletes don't win games on their own. It takes 11 on O, 11 on D, and the "best coach on this side of the Mississippi"... the spring game will tell the tale.

Coachwhoknows

When is the spring game?

I don't think Coach Hood would leave Montgomery Central unless it was for a head job.

They have the athletes over there and could be a very dominant team if they have the dicipline that it takes to be good.

To answer the question going down the rumor mill about Coach Hood, he is coming down to weight lifting at Northwest. He has not been hired as a Coach yet, but it looks like he will be.

To answer the question going down the rumor mill about Coach Hood, he is coming down to weight lifting at Northwest. He has not been hired as a Coach yet, but it looks like he will be.

I guess I was wrong. That will be a great pickup for NWHS. I tell you their Defense will be better if he takes it over. So will the offense. No matter which he takes over it will be 100% better than the 2 yahoo's from last year.

Edited by 1new_wildcat_fan

• 1 month later...

As a proud member of the Viking Family, it breaks my heart to announce that Northwest will have another yet another long drought in the win column this year. Senior leadership won the first game for them last year, and pure heart won the homecoming game against Rossview. But all the heart Northwest had last year left with the senior class. Northwest is going to fall to the sub-500 football team that people have come to expect since its opening. Granted Northwest has had some good years of football, especially during the Lathom Era in the early 70's. But since then Northwest has had two winning seasons and one 5-5 season.

In other news... with the sniffer out of the picture the team has changed their focus. New plays have been developed in the off season. Such plays include "Lean with it," "Rock with it", "Jack Daniel's", "Southern Comfort", "Whiskey" and "Smirnoff" So instead of the players going out for a burger and fires after the game... they will now be attending the local AA meetings.

Hey, they may not be able to play good ball. But at least they know their drinks.

Coachwhoknows

hmmmmmmmmmmm.................... for you to be a proud member of the viking family you sure like disrespecting them ex. (Hey, they may not be able to play good ball. But at least they know their drinks),(Northwest is going to fall to the sub-500 football team that people have come to expect since its opening.),(But unfortunately two good athletes don't win games on their own.), First of all Northwest has a very strong upcoming junior class that will come and be ready to play varsity ball. And also Northwest has more than two good athletes on their team). I guess the season will tell................................. :thumb: