Cleveland beats Bradley Central in 3rd Overtime

CoachT

Guest BBDAD
My heart could not stand 3 over times.

It was certainly a GREAT game! Picture this the game that followed Cumberland and McMinn went into 3 overtimes too! Wow, what a night! :lol:

I followed the updates right here on CoachT. Thank all of you who kept posting!!!!This just goes to show what a strong district 5AAA was this year!!! I hated to see any of them lose, esp after breezing through their first region games. Congrats to all 4 teams representing district 5AAA. And Go Lady Jets!!

According to Chattanooga Times Free Press Bradley was led by Pickel with 35 and Eldredge with 9. Cleveland was led by Davis with 18, Isom 17, Simpson 16, Wells 9. Paper didn't say anything about rebounds but I would say Cleveland doubled them in rebounds. They dominated the boards both offensively and defensively. Both teams had critical turnovers but I would say that Bradley had double turnovers too. Cleveland played good defense but could not stop Pickel. Bradley could not stop the many facets of offense that Cleveland put on the floor, mainly Simpson, and the boards. One stat not kept was the time on the court. Cleveland was able to sub their main players the whole time while Pickel never left the court playing 44 minutes of a hard played game. Bradley and Pickel ran totally out of steam the last overtime. Johnson rarely got a break for the Bearettes either. It was a great game to watch. The momentum would swing one way then the other. Either team could have came out on top in that one. I look for the Raiders to be exhausted tonight but the Jets had a tough comeback also. It might be one sloppy game tonight. Go Blue Raiders!