DB Indians

ArtVandalay

You must not research your facts first, or your just taking up for the underachieved class of 05. But i do know that the juniors of this year ARE much better than the 05 class, since they have been playing on the same teams for basically all their life. I dont think posting about prior classes and deteriating the team now is going to change the fact that the 05 class choked twice with a chance of going to state. When this team proves they are better you can shut your mouth.

Your point not takin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, another one of the parents mothers or fathers posting. I have researched my facts because each of those players I named hit nearly .400 their junior year. Brantley was All-State and each of those kids were All-Conference. I watched this years team scrimmages yest. and they struggled to say the least against Unicoi County, who will have a down year. I admit they have a lot of talent maybe more so than the years past. IMO South Doyle is the best team in the area followed by Halls, Science Hill, and Farragut. My main point is that the '04 bunch was the definition of a team and a lot of the guys this year will be very unhappy if they arent playin and that will cause problems for Ritz.....It happened last year with the junior group, and with even more of them moving up it will happen again. I am not trying to deteriorate the team, I think thats what your doing by saying their gonna win state two years in a row. It just gives them big heads and they dont play to their potentional or theire under so much pressure they struggle. Once again...last years kids.

BTW....That junior class has 4 guys playing D1 and one guy at one of the top D2 teams in the nation...Brantley and Cory(TN Tech), Ben (ETSU), Duran (Kentucky), and Larkin (Tusculum)

As I said, another one of the parents mothers or fathers posting. I have researched my facts because each of those players I named hit nearly .400 their junior year. Brantley was All-State and each of those kids were All-Conference. I watched this years team scrimmages yest. and they struggled to say the least against Unicoi County, who will have a down year. I admit they have a lot of talent maybe more so than the years past. IMO South Doyle is the best team in the area followed by Halls, Science Hill, and Farragut. My main point is that the '04 bunch was the definition of a team and a lot of the guys this year will be very unhappy if they arent playin and that will cause problems for Ritz.....It happened last year with the junior group, and with even more of them moving up it will happen again. I am not trying to deteriorate the team, I think thats what your doing by saying their gonna win state two years in a row. It just gives them big heads and they dont play to their potentional or theire under so much pressure they struggle. Once again...last years kids.

BTW....That junior class has 4 guys playing D1 and one guy at one of the top D2 teams in the nation...Brantley and Cory(TN Tech), Ben (ETSU), Duran (Kentucky), and Larkin (Tusculum)

I'm not sure if we were watchin the same game, but the score at the end of seven innings was 13-1 and at the end of 10 was 20-1. Struggle? I think not. But thats just me.

Its probably a given that Trent wont have the monster year he did last year with teams not wanting to pitch to him...whose are the other big bat(s)? and who could have the breakout year he did last year( or at least a breakout year coz no1 will put up those numbers)?

DB was at South Doyle yesterday... Saturday 03/04... They were playing 5 inning scrimmages... Beat Unicoi County 8-0. Was ahead of Pigeon Forge 2-0 after 2 innings. Both runs scored in the 1st. I was told that the SS for PF has already signed with UVA. He did make a super play to end the 2nd inning. Not sure how things finished up or if they even got to play SD. We were at SD High School for a 7th Grade Basketball Tournament and caught some sunshine and Baseball by surprise.

It doens't matter to me if you don't know anything about this Jr Class of the Indians... yet, you will. And don't get me wrong.. DB has some very good Seniors as well. CJ Stabler, Brad Mayes, Sam McCord and Matt Creech... is Daniel Kilgore playing? I have no idea with Basketball Players Will Henry (SR) and Logan Williamson (Jr.) will be added to the Team after Basketball Season is over... I expect both will.

Juniors are (add the names if I missed some) Jordon Adams, Derek Trent, Wesley Jones, Bo Burton (playing this year?), Wesley Lane, Aaron Marsh.

There is a Freshman playing 2nd string SS (Jamie Crawford) and he is playing great..

No idea how they will do, but these guys have been playing ball together for years and they could be a special team. As always it will come down to Pitching. If it comes down to hitting, the Indians will not have any problems.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I sure hope and expect that the Central Cougars will be on the schedule.. Maybe every team in District 1 AAA will show up and cheer for the Indians (other than the Cougars boyz... South).

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

DB was at South Doyle yesterday... Saturday 03/04... They were playing 5 inning scrimmages... Beat Unicoi County 8-0. Was ahead of Pigeon Forge 2-0 after 2 innings. Both runs scored in the 1st. I was told that the SS for PF has already signed with UVA. He did make a super play to end the 2nd inning. Not sure how things finished up or if they even got to play SD. We were at SD High School for a 7th Grade Basketball Tournament and caught some sunshine and Baseball by surprise.

It doens't matter to me if you don't know anything about this Jr Class of the Indians... yet, you will. And don't get me wrong.. DB has some very good Seniors as well. CJ Stabler, Brad Mayes, Sam McCord and Matt Creech... is Daniel Kilgore playing? I have no idea with Basketball Players Will Henry (SR) and Logan Williamson (Jr.) will be added to the Team after Basketball Season is over... I expect both will.

Juniors are (add the names if I missed some) Jordon Adams, Derek Trent, Wesley Jones, Bo Burton (playing this year?), Wesley Lane, Aaron Marsh.

There is a Freshman playing 2nd string SS (Jamie Crawford) and he is playing great..

No idea how they will do, but these guys have been playing ball together for years and they could be a special team. As always it will come down to Pitching. If it comes down to hitting, the Indians will not have any problems.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I sure hope and expect that the Central Cougars will be on the schedule.. Maybe every team in District 1 AAA will show up and cheer for the Indians (other than the Cougars boyz... South).

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art, You missed a few players. Seniors: Lance Brewer, Sam Merritt, Anthony Huerth,(Sam McCord isn't playing) Juniors: Lucas Henderson, Tyler Joyce, Ryan Hammonds, Darrin Trent, Easton Ring.

Daniel Kilgore isn't playing, Will Henry didn't play last year, I think Logan Williamson will be out after Basketball season ends.

South Doyle won the scrimmage 4 to 1. All of the runs scored in the first inning.

So far this year the pitching has been pretty decent. They have about 8 pitchers they can throw out there that will do a very good job.

It should be a pretty good year for D-B baseball.