Richland gets to play Summertown! Great!

jamieroper

Can Richland improve on a 4 point lose early in the season to Summertown. I believe Franks was out for St and Vaughn was out for Richland for that game. Correct me if I am wrong.

The key tonight is can Richland's young'uns handle Summertown's pressure.

It does take some of the edge off knowing that whether win or lose, you still play again. But we would rather win.

Good luck Richland Raiders. :thumb:

Good luck Summertown after tonight. Ha :thumb:

Edited by jamieroper

Tonight is the championship, but I think last night game against PC and ST was the game. It's a shame that three powerhouses in the region got put in the same bracket. How does that work out? Any of the other two teams could have been going on if they were in the other bracket. No offense, I have never seen Richland play and I am sure they have a great ball club.

Tonight is the championship, but I think last night game against PC and ST was the game. It's a shame that three powerhouses in the region got put in the same bracket. How does that work out? Any of the other two teams could have been going on if they were in the other bracket. No offense, I have never seen Richland play and I am sure they have a great ball club.

Same bracket setup for 40 yrs. One is because one of the so called powerhouses lost in district champ. game. That's why you play the games.

I assume PC is Perry County? Richland must have a solid club if Edney was back for Perry. Be what it is, I would say the Middle of the State has the strongest clubs still in the hunt. RBS and JC look like first round locks, unless they meet Oliver Springs or Summertown. Those two have squads that have a great deal of tournament experience and it will serve them well in Murfreesboro. Some teams out West were a little over rated.(to be fair, some East Tennessee Teams were, too.) The theme for the tournament should be "Lay Seige on 7A". Cause to get the GOLD BALL you have to take those two down. Probably BOTH! Richland is probably in over their head this year. :P Just being honest, I have nothing against them. Youth in High School usually isn't too successful without a good dose of experience.

Can Richland improve on a 4 point lose early in the season to Summertown. I believe Franks was out for St and Vaughn was out for Richland for that game. Correct me if I am wrong.

The key tonight is can Richland's young'uns handle Summertown's pressure.

It does take some of the edge off knowing that whether win or lose, you still play again. But we would rather win.

Good luck Richland Raiders. ;)

Good luck Summertown after tonight. Ha :)

Jaime I will be rooting for your Richland Lady Raiders come Saturday night but I have to go with D12 foe Summertown tonight. Good luck to both teams and show the state a little basketball is played in this area. By the way Richland has improved since they played Wayne County earlier in the year.

I assume PC is Perry County? Richland must have a solid club if Edney was back for Perry. Be what it is, I would say the Middle of the State has the strongest clubs still in the hunt. RBS and JC look like first round locks, unless they meet Oliver Springs or Summertown. Those two have squads that have a great deal of tournament experience and it will serve them well in Murfreesboro. Some teams out West were a little over rated.(to be fair, some East Tennessee Teams were, too.) The theme for the tournament should be "Lay Seige on 7A". Cause to get the GOLD BALL you have to take those two down. Probably BOTH! Richland is probably in over their head this year. ;) Just being honest, I have nothing against them. Youth in High School usually isn't too successful without a good dose of experience.

I do not disagree. You make good points. We will have to play extremely well to stay with Summertown. If we lose that one, we will probably get to play our old friends at Chapel Hill. That is always a good one. Good luck to all.

Jaime I will be rooting for your Richland Lady Raiders come Saturday night but I have to go with D12 foe Summertown tonight. Good luck to both teams and show the state a little basketball is played in this area. By the way Richland has improved since they played Wayne County earlier in the year.

Thanks. If our youth can hold up, we should do ok. If not, we have already achieved more than a team with 3 first time starters is supposed to. But we are not quiting. We will fight to the end. I think both teams playing tonight have an excellent chance to get to 'Boro. Wouldn't that be an accomplishment for our young'uns. I have been impressed with Summertown for years, going back to when my kids played at Lauderdale County. ST has a great program. We would play Summertown and Richland both most years. One thing you always got from both was a good fight. Summertown also has a great coach. If you have weaknesses, he will find them. And as young as we are, we have them. We need to make sure a couple of key players do not get in foul trouble for sure. Good luck to all. ;)

Edited by jamieroper