District 11A

rhs#1fan

Apparently the money crunch is just a Richland thing. We apparently have had some unexpected expenses come up. Hope they can be worked out. One of the basketball players told me that Basketball would not be cut because it was a revenue generating sport. If it can be worked out, the administration at Richland and the coaches will work it out. I have faith in them. The unexpected expense was not, I am told, the hiring of 2 people to replace one. The school board is apparently absorbing that cost.

Apparently my last post got someone's attention because my wife, who I did not tell about the rumors I heard from the hill, apparently was told today at school that I was personally invited to call the school to get all the facts. But that has never been a problem for me. You know, I have never had any problem speaking with school officials when I needed too. Take the principle at Richland, some people like her and some people do not, but in my 2 years in Giles County I can say that I have never had any problem speaking with her anytime I needed to. She has always been available to me, and I would assume everyone else. She appears to stay extremely busy with people lined up to see her all the time. I also know that the assistant principles and the principle work far too many hours for the pay they receive. They appear to be at school all summer, at almost all sporting events, and most nights. I would not have their job. That goes for the teachers too. I am not going to bother the principle by calling her. She is busy enough without me adding to her load. Plus, what is going to happen is going to happen. I probably should not have mentioned it to begin with.

I hope the new boy’s coach can have success. But the outside influences must stay out of the program if it is going to succeed. He coach needs to come in and have summer camps and practices with the boys and he should make up his mind who should play with no one else influencing him. That means no parents, relatives, financial supporters, or anyone else sitting in his ear telling him anything. That is the only way he will succeed. Coach Miller, like him or hate him, never had that freedom!!!

Good luck Richland, play as a team and you can succeed!!!!!!!!! <_<

good post

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richland seems to be doing the smart thing. They have finally released their coach and are bringing a very talented coach who knows what Richland basketball is all about! The Riaders will finish in the Top 3 and challenge for the District Title!! It was rumored a few players weren't going to play for Miller, but will now play for the new coach who will be named soon!! I can't wait to watch the Runnin' Raiders play ball next year!!

WATCH OUT CULLY!!! HERE COME THE RAIDERS!! (and I don't mean Moore Co.)

:lol: ....yea i can see culleoka trembling already :P

:thumb: ....yea i can see culleoka trembling already :huh:

Rumor has it that our lame duck coach is heading your way to be Slatten's assistant or to Cornersville to be the coach there. If he goes to Cornersville, he'll be cellar dwelling once again. If he chooses Culleoka, he may be able to destroy another top team. If I were you culleokarep, I would be shaking if he walked through the doors up there.

Rumor has it that our lame duck coach is heading your way to be Slatten's assistant or to Cornersville to be the coach there. If he goes to Cornersville, he'll be cellar dwelling once again. If he chooses Culleoka, he may be able to destroy another top team. If I were you culleokarep, I would be shaking if he walked through the doors up there.

Cornersville has already named their new head coach about a month ago. Did you possibly mean he would go there as an assistant?

Cornersville has already named their new head coach about a month ago. Did you possibly mean he would go there as an assistant?

He will probably go as whatever someone will take him for. He has to find a job because they let him go as a coach and a teacher. I don't know what his plans are and don't really care because he is gone from Richland. Whoever is crazy enough to hire him as a coach will have their hands full.

I dont think Slatten would want him...