District 11A

rhs#1fan

This is how I see it turning out.

1-3 could be in any order with Culleoka, Moore Co. and Richland All three teams are young and will have a lot of experience. It will come down to who is willing to play as a team and play some DEFENSE. I think people have forgotten about that part of basketball because a lot of people don't even try to do it anymore.

4-6 could go any order between Huntland, CA, and (SUPRISE SUPRISE) Cornersville. Several of Cornersville's players are playing AAU this summer and will be getting better and they will only lose one player.

7 Santa Fe I think the only reason they were even close in a lot of their games was because of Roger and he is graduating so that will just kill them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen play for Richland, and I think people blame our coach too much. He is young and maybe too young to have gotten a head coaching job yet, but he did so we need to show him respect and do what he says. ...

Good post! However, if the right coach is brought in, are you sure things won't improve? I watched alot of games and think Miller needs a serious attitude change and a different profession. He hangs his head after games and tells the team not too. He gives up to early in losses and sometimes in wins. Lovelace would be a great addition to this community and school.

Does Miller really deserve a second chance? :D I think not.

This team should be competing for championships like the girls team!!

Just one thought on this. I think you may be selling Cornersville short. They will not contend yet, but they do have some promise. They have one gaurd/forward who is excellent and a very tall and athletic freshman (soph next year) in the post. I know at least two other boys there are solid ball players. It is a good start. I heard a rumor about a new coach, but regardless, if the coach can pull together 5 starters and 2 or 3 good subs around that nucleous they will start winning some games. They are a little shy on talent but not by much.

PS Culeokarep...I think we see y'all on the diamond on April Fools day, LOL.

Good post! However, if the right coach is brought in, are you sure things won't improve? I watched alot of games and think Miller needs a serious attitude change and a different profession. He hangs his head after games and tells the team not too. He gives up to early in losses and sometimes in wins. Lovelace would be a great addition to this community and school.

Does Miller really deserve a second chance? :angry: I think not.

I agree with you. Coach Miller has made some decisions that I didn't really agree with, but from what I see of him after the season, he is dedicated and ready to get better and set things straight. I also agree that we should be competing like the girls team, but we haven't gotten things together yet. We need to do that as a team and leave our egoes at home. Maybe another coach could have an immediate impact, but I think Miller deserves at least one more year, maybe two. And this isn't college or NBA where you can just throw coaches around take your pick by offering more money. They have to teach and they have to want to go there to coach and be a teacher. What if they got rid of Miller and couldn't find anybody that wanted to go to Richland? Then we would be in trouble. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think everybody is in for a big surprise come next basketball season. Richland will be working to get better this summer and I think this next year is promising. They always say the third time is a charm. (It's Miller's third year.) lol

P.S. raideralumni- I'm not trying to be smart about any of this, I just have different thoughts than you on this. Thanks for the input. Any other thoughts from you or anybody? :D

Does Miller really deserve a second chance? :angry: I think not.

I agree with you. Coach Miller has made some decisions that I didn't really agree with, but from what I see of him after the season, he is dedicated and ready to get better and set things straight. I also agree that we should be competing like the girls team, but we haven't gotten things together yet. We need to do that as a team and leave our egoes at home. Maybe another coach could have an immediate impact, but I think Miller deserves at least one more year, maybe two. And this isn't college or NBA where you can just throw coaches around take your pick by offering more money. They have to teach and they have to want to go there to coach and be a teacher. What if they got rid of Miller and couldn't find anybody that wanted to go to Richland? Then we would be in trouble. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think everybody is in for a big surprise come next basketball season. Richland will be working to get better this summer and I think this next year is promising. They always say the third time is a charm. (It's Miller's third year.) lol

P.S. raideralumni- I'm not trying to be smart about any of this, I just have different thoughts than you on this. Thanks for the input. Any other thoughts from you or anybody? :thumb:

P.S. raideralumni- I'm not trying to be smart about any of this, I just have different thoughts than you on this. Thanks for the input. Any other thoughts from you or anybody? :D

P.S. raideralumni- I'm not trying to be smart about any of this, I just have different thoughts than you on this. Thanks for the input. Any other thoughts from you or anybody? :lol:

I must have done something wrong. I didn't mean to put that twice, but oh well. Let me know of anybody has any thoughts.

I agree with ridinsplinters on the whole subject. i mean, what do you expect someone to just come in and make them champions? the only person ever able to do that was coach clark.... And radieralumni since you are from RHS you should know that the coach they are possiby bringing in, his last name is spelled Loveless no Lovelace... And they already tried to get him but he didn't want the pay cut so why would he want it now... I know because their are some parents at RHS who don't like Miller and want him out after all its all politics, right?

Go RHS!!!!!

i dont look for richland to blow anybody's mind next year...i think their a distant third in the district behind culleoka and moore co.

I didn't really mean that we were going to blow anybody's mind. I just meant that I think everybody is underestimating us. We may finish third, but I don't think we're a distant third. We have our work cut out for us next year because Moore Co. and Culleoka are going to be tough to beat, but we should compete with them next year and make the top three interesting. Good luck to all the teams in D11a next year.

I didn't really mean that we were going to blow anybody's mind. I just meant that I think everybody is underestimating us. We may finish third, but I don't think we're a distant third. We have our work cut out for us next year because Moore Co. and Culleoka are going to be tough to beat, but we should compete with them next year and make the top three interesting. Good luck to all the teams in D11a next year.

richland always says they're overlooked and every year at the beginning theres all these posters on here talking about how much talent the team has this year...but they slowly start to fade as the season goes on and the losses stack up....richland has gotta prove somethin to me before i consider them a threat

richland always says they're overlooked and every year at the beginning theres all these posters on here talking about how much talent the team has this year...but they slowly start to fade as the season goes on and the losses stack up....richland has gotta prove somethin to me before i consider them a threat

I don't blame you for not considering us a threat from what you have seen. I think we will show everybody something next year though and maybe you'll change your mind. One of us will be right though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the season gets here.

I don't blame you for not considering us a threat from what you have seen. I think we will show everybody something next year though and maybe you'll change your mind. One of us will be right though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the season gets here.

who do they have left on the team that should be considered as dangerous???