Region 6 for 2006/2007

jamieroper

I'm shocked you would leave out your "big" secret from China!! Having a

6'10" former post player from china...Chow Ming! Richland may not be the

same for the next two years with her. Maybe we should start congratulating

you now! ;) Shhhhhhhhhhh! You didn't hear this from me! :(

If you want to go ahead an engrave a gold ball and drop it off at Richland, we will take it. :) I bet you actually want us to earn it though, right? :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to go ahead an engrave a gold ball and drop it off at Richland, we will take it. :( I bet you actually want us to earn it though, right? ;)

I just meant any team would be proud to have someone of that height and

ability. I think its awesome to have that kind of opportunity. :)

Sounds like it runs in the family-a tall one at that!!

Sure I would "always" want our girls to have the gold ball...but I have seen a lot of great teams play this year, including Richland, that deserve the respect they have earned!! Good Luck to "all" the teams!! :(

I haven't seen any of Lobelville or Linden's girls coming up....Who's does Perry Co have coming up?

From Lobelville there should be 1 if not 2 coming up: Brooke Warren (an excellent ball-handler and potential of being a great player. Valerie DePriest (good ball-handler with great potential.

From Linden there are 3 potentials who are coming up: Kelly Cottrell, Jaycie Tucker and Brooklyn Black, all could be very good ball players with a lot of hard work this summer.

Cottrell & Tucker could bring some inside game, and Brook, Valerie & Brooklyn could give us some good all-around ball handlers.

These girls may not all play, but I feel Brooke will definitely get a lot of playing time next year, and she could possibly work herself into a starting position. The others could be very valuable also.

As we all know a lot of maturity and improvement can come over the summer. Jasmin Dixon is one that can show you that. She improved 100% from her freshman year to sophomore year, and I believe she will be even better next year.

2006-2007 Region 6A Favorites

11A

1. Richland - Returns 3 superb players in Glidden, Bell, and Duke. All the work the coach put into developing his younger talent will pay off huge dividens in 2006-2007. The only question mark for the Lady Raiders will be at the point where a huge hole will be left by the departure of Vaughn. However, Richland managed to play well this year without her so filling her shoes may not be as big of a concern as one would think.

2. Moore County - The perennial 11A powerhouse will continue to do well in this up-and-coming district. Latoyia Pincheon will lead the way for the Raiderettes as she will once again repeat as District 11A MVP. Moore County's big issues will be with post play and depth on the bench. It doesn't help that their incoming freshman class is not of the same calibar as past incoming squads.

3. Santa Fe - The Lady Wildcats lose only 1 senior from this year's team but that doesn't mean they will succeed. Santa Fe has the type of talent to play with anyone in 11A, but will only start to succeed once the team deals with their coaching problems and team chemistry problems. Sewell, Gardner, and White are 3 of 11A's best and a decent Freshman class led by Bobbi Dodson, should provide some additional depth.

4. Cornersville - The Lady Bulldogs lose 4 seniors including their strongest post player in Lora Beard. However, Cornersville has great coaching and will return their leading score in Hewitt for the upcoming season. They should compete with the top 3 night in and night out, but will need many of their other younger players to step up and contribute if they expect to be atop 11A again.

12A

1. Summertown - The Lady Eagles only lose Scott and Long to graduation, both of whom will be replaced in the starting lineups by even better players. This will be Summertown's year as this could possibly be the best Lady Eagles team ever. With District 12A MVP Franks returning for her senior year, you can bet nothing less then a State Championship will satisfy this group.

2. Collinwood - The Trojanettes will only lose their starting center in Ray next year, which will hurt the time size-wise. She will more then likely be replaced in the starting lineup by either Bryant or one of the numerous Sophomores they have that can play the post. Collinwood has a strong incoming freshman class that includes a quick solid point guard, Ward, and another solid shooting guard who should see significant minutes as backups for Andrews and Daniels.

3. Wayne County - Wayne County loses their starting point guard of the last two years in Staggs and a huge 3-point threat in Gipson. However, they return a super Junior class and the best overall post play in District 12A. A lot will depend on how well much Myers improves as I would expect she will be taking over the point guard spot. The Lady Cats biggest weakness will be their outside shooting and their depth, as they don’t have much of anything coming up from their middle school program.

4. Perry County - The Lady Vikings lose the most of anyone in Region 6A with the loss of Weatherly, Edney, and Rhodes. However, the Junior class has great potential and their incoming Freshman class is possibly the best in the entire Region. A lot will depend on: 1.) Who wants to be a leader and the new go to player and 2.) The inside play of Dixon as her court awareness, defense, and strength all need work. Teams better get their licks in now, because Perry County should be a frontrunner in 2007-2008.

Scott and Long will not be as easily replaced as you may think. They have done something no other Lady Eagle has ever done; that is playing in the State tournement 3 years in a row. They may not be as athletic as some, but their level heads,(not getting rattled and comitting tournovers) along with their experience will be hard to replace.

Scott and Long will not be as easily replaced as you may think. They have done something no other Lady Eagle has ever done; that is playing in the State tournement 3 years in a row. They may not be as athletic as some, but their level heads,(not getting rattled and comitting tournovers) along with their experience will be hard to replace.

That is also the ingredient that Richland has to find next year, that is, level heads that don't get rattled. I do not know if we will find it in our current group or not. It takes more than one level headed person to make a team complete and we still have that "I am scared as crap" look on many of our girl's faces. We played probably 50 or 60 games over the summer and then 36 or so during the season. At some point and time that look should go away. Especially on the faces of the girl's that are getting all the playing time. It has not to this point.

Finding a point guard is going to be tough. Vaughn was good at that position. Glidden can more the handle the ball handling that a point guard has to do, but that would probably cut down on her scoring and rebounding. Someone else needs to step up so that Glidden will have a choice of going inside or out. No one knew it but she has been playing with a broken up foot since the first Cornersville Game (I believe that was the game she got hurt in). I do not know how she has continued to play. A little rest now that the season is over is all it will take to heal.

Richland is also going to have to go deeper into the bench next year. We were tired at the end of our last few games.

Do not pencil Richland in for a return to the District Championship and Region Finals just yet. They have a TON of work to do and allot more question marks than people realize at this point. Do they have to talent to go to state? Yes. Will they have the chemistry to get there? Yet to be seen.

Edited by jamieroper

That is also the ingredient that Richland has to find next year, that is, level heads that don't get rattled. I do not know if we will find it in our current group or not. It takes more than one level headed person to make a team complete and we still have that "I am scared as crap" look on many of our girl's faces. We played probably 50 or 60 games over the summer and then 36 or so during the season. At some point and time that look should go away. Especially on the faces of the girl's that are getting all the playing time. It has not to this point.

Finding a point guard is going to be tough. Vaughn was good at that position. Glidden can more the handle the ball handling that a point guard has to do, but that would probably cut down on her scoring and rebounding. Someone else needs to step up so that Glidden will have a choice of going inside or out. No one knew it but she has been playing with a broken up foot since the first Cornersville Game (I believe that was the game she got hurt in). I do not know how she has continued to play. A little rest now that the season is over is all it will take to heal.

Richland is also going to have to go deeper into the bench next year. We were tired at the end of our last few games.

Do not pencil Richland in for a return to the District Championship and Region Finals just yet. They have a TON of work to do and allot more question marks than people realize at this point. Do they have to talent to go to state? Yes. Will they have the chemistry to get there? Yet to be seen.

Bout time someone from poorland told the truth. You have so many flakes on that team they should be in a bowl with milk on them. You are going no where. We are defending District Champions and will defend our title next year. Are you saying we hurt 24? If she got hurt she hurt herself with all that off balance stuff she does while falling down. Tell me one thing poorland, how many players on your team has broken down and cried this year for no reason. Yes, Flakes.

Bout time someone from poorland told the truth. You have so many flakes on that team they should be in a bowl with milk on them. You are going no where. We are defending District Champions and will defend our title next year. Are you saying we hurt 24? If she got hurt she hurt herself with all that off balance stuff she does while falling down. Tell me one thing poorland, how many players on your team has broken down and cried this year for no reason. Yes, Flakes.

Boy, you know it all. Focus your attention toward your team because they are going to need it.

And keep running your mouth and next year we will close it. And keep naming players by name and they will take pleasure in closing it for you too.

I agree ballfanwm - Scott and Long may not put up alot of points, but their experience, toughness and hustle will be missed. Counting this year's seniors, the Lady Eagles have graduated only 4 starters (Corbin, Lovett, Long & Scott) over the past 3 seasons. We've always had a "young" team, but also an experienced team. Scott, Long & Franks were all starters for the 2004, 2005 and now 2006 State tourney teams -

However, next season, the Lady Eagles will have more experienced Senior starters than they have had since 2002 - with Franks, Peterson, and Tucker starting, along with Jr. Haley Lovett - the 5th spot will be up for grabs between Durham, Clark, Newton and Smith.

Boy, you know it all. Focus your attention toward your team because they are going to need it.

And keep running your mouth and next year we will close it. And keep naming players by name and they will take pleasure in closing it for you too.

I enjoy reading the opinions of others on coacht, especially those that are insightful and non-offensive,remember it's about the "players". I especially

enjoy your post Jamie and those of ptguard12 to name a couple.I am a CORNERSVILLE fan and I hope all realize that the thoughts of basketballknowitall

are not indicative of most CORNERSVILLE fans. The best reply Jamie is probably no reply. <_<:thumb:

I enjoy reading the opinions of others on coacht, especially those that are insightful and non-offensive,remember it's about the "players". I especially

enjoy your post Jamie and those of ptguard12 to name a couple.I am a CORNERSVILLE fan and I hope all realize that the thoughts of basketballknowitall

are not indicative of most CORNERSVILLE fans. The best reply Jamie is probably no reply. <_<:thumb:

True. Thanks. :lol: