Haywood vs Fayette Ware

topdoggnbball

FW had the ball with about 20 seconds left and down by 2. They attempted a 3 that JV blocked. They recovered and they attempted a 2 that JV blocked again. He has great timing. HC 48 FW 46

Yea i seen it on the news...i know he seen that long body comming , should have faked, went by and dished..easy lay-up...maybe.

Yea i seen it on the news...i know he seen that long body comming , should have faked, went by and dished..easy lay-up...maybe.

Yeah that is easier said than done. Problem is a lot of those guys dont think well under pressure. They had a chance to foul with about 28 seconds or so on the clock and let the clock run down to about 7 or 8 seconds before they fouled. What were they thinking? The coach should have had sense enough to tell them to foul. If he didnt they should have known to foul. Small things like that keep you out of Murfreesboro. Galilee, good luck to Mitchell on Monday. Hopefully, both of us will advance. I saw you and Coach Johnson standing on the steps with two minutes on the clock. I didnt see you guys come in. By the time I saw you, the game was in limbo so I didnt get a chance to meet you.

You know how the atmosphere in there will be Monday though. You have experienced it firsthand. It will not be a pleasant place for Hillcrest. No one takes anyone lightly at this time of year. You have to beat someone to still be playing. That suffocating defense will have to step it up. Jarvis is one of the best shot blockers I have ever seen. Did you by chance see the flyswaters? Those are for Jarvis "SWAT" Varnado. Thanks and I hope to see you in the "Boro".

Galilee...IF both teams get past tomorrow night...and I'm not taking anything for granted as I'm sure you are not...then what a great game that next one should be!

I know though...one at a time. Absolutely. But I was just thinking about that last game and what another matchup might be like! But if Rudsesill even sees this post before tomorow night, he'll be aggravated at me for even wondering about the game- and I'm not even really tied in w/ the team except for knowing these guys!!!

Edited by firefulmer

Galilee...IF both teams get past tomorrow night...and I'm not taking anything for granted as I'm sure you are not...then what a great game that next one should be!

I know though...one at a time. Absolutely. But I was just thinking about that last game and what another matchup might be like! But if Rudsesill even sees this post before tomorow night, he'll be aggravated at me for even wondering about the game- and I'm not even really tied in w/ the team except for knowing these guys!!!

You are supposed to wonder about the games. Nothing is given to any team out there. Bolivar as well as the rest of the teams left playing have to go out and play the games to get to Murfreesboro. Look at Hillcrest, they are still playing at this time of year and they have a losing record. They beat a number 1 and number 2 seed in the regional tournament. They also played Mitchell tough and only lost to them by a few points. The cliche is so true this time of year you have to play the games you cant win them on paper. On paper last year, Mitchell was better than Haywood. What happened to them? No disrespect to Mitchell just using them as an example. On paper last year, we were better than MLK. What happened to us? So you are right for wondering about the game. Even Coach Rudesill has to be wondering.

You are supposed to wonder about the games. Nothing is given to any team out there. Bolivar as well as the rest of the teams left playing have to go out and play the games to get to Murfreesboro. Look at Hillcrest, they are still playing at this time of year and they have a losing record. They beat a number 1 and number 2 seed in the regional tournament. They also played Mitchell tough and only lost to them by a few points. The cliche is so true this time of year you have to play the games you cant win them on paper. On paper last year, Mitchell was better than Haywood. What happened to them? No disrespect to Mitchell just using them as an example. On paper last year, we were better than MLK. What happened to us? So you are right for wondering about the game. Even Coach Rudesill has to be wondering.

Yeah. You're right about that Tomcat. I know he's wondering some for sure. :lol: I bet he's prepping right now in fact.

That dude takes nothing for granted. That's why I said that. It's a VERY rare game when he allows himself or the guys to look ahead. He hates that type of thinking until the final score is on the board!

And your Coach V is no slacker either! At least in my opinion.

At this time of year I was just kinda speculating about "what if this" and "what if that". But DL beat MLK so I'm now trying to make plans to see tomorrow night's game if at ALL possible. I had figured, from past experience, that MLK would be there again this hear. So that alone shows you how it can go.

Man, I always fret this time of year. I prob would even worry if our Varsity was playing that bunch in Lexington! Oh, come on guys! You know I'm just messing with Juke! No offense Juke...ya'll had a fine team this year and you even managed to get rid of the humble pie. No disrespect intended.

Oh my goodness Juke, that means you'll be cooking more pie and running that train next year!!! Why am I not surprised? :P

Edited by firefulmer