Vanman011

No....Moore County has a gym on campus just a few miles up the road from Motlow. The Motlow gym was covered with Moore County stuff because we decided that, instead of griping and groaning about the situation, we would make the best of it and have fun with it. We made huge signs to cover everything, including replicas of all the retired jerseys and banners and such from the Moore County gym. If our girls weren't going to be able to play in their home gym, we were going to darn well make sure we made it feel as homey as possible. Unfortunately, FRA upset us. So the next year, they played the substate game at Eagleville, which is a MUCH further distance from MCHS than Motlow and is actually just as close to FRA. They had just played the region tourney there and felt comfortable with that gym, as they rarely if ever normally used Motlow's facilities. The outcome was in our favor that time.

So instead of being sour about the situation, just make the best of it. The ultimate goal is a state championship, which can't be won on anyone's home floor.

I would describe it more as angry or frustated than sour---FRA's 270+ students should be a A school with a plenty big gym----except for that pesky 1.8 multiplier forced down the small private's throat. Double whammy I say again. IMO if you really want it right the Region winner should get home floor whether they have 500 or 2000 seats. The home team gets half the seats reserved for them and the other half should belong to the opponents. Empty seats filled close to game time would be filled on first come first serve basis. Win the Region if you want to play at home in a big gym.

I would describe it more as angry or frustated than sour---FRA's 270+ students should be a A school with a plenty big gym----except for that pesky 1.8 multiplier forced down the small private's throat. Double whammy I say again. IMO if you really want it right the Region winner should get home floor whether they have 500 or 2000 seats. The home team gets half the seats reserved for them and the other half should belong to the opponents. Empty seats filled close to game time would be filled on first come first serve basis. Win the Region if you want to play at home in a big gym.

The 1.8 multiplier force down their throat ? I believe FRA had a choice.

choice...u wanna elaborate?

They could have chosen not to use the financial aid and stayed in single A. Schools such as Columbia Academy chose to stay in single A and not give what amounted to scholarships to athletes . Thus the 1.8 multiplier did not apply.

Edited by cat1973

They could have chosen not to use the financial aid and stayed in single A. Schools such as Columbia Academy chose to stay in single A and not give what amounted to scholarships to athletes . Thus the 1.8 multiplier did not apply.

The whole point is we DON'T give financial aid. If we did we would be in Div II. When the 1.8 multiplier was applied to our student population the resulting # placed us in AA. As I understand it Columbia Acad also had the multiplier applied but the result did not push them over the limit into AA. Anyway its now time to PLAY BALL---GO Panthers!!

Edited by Vanman011

look up facts before you comment on things, yes FRA gives financial aid to those who need it. If they do get financial aid though, they aren't allowed to play varsity sports. The multiplier is punishing FRA because of it being forced down their throats, it's only fair that you multiply the gym by 1.8 too.

Announcements