South Pittsburg

PurpleGrad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does MC- Dad always think that he knows who someone is and wants to try and call them out? Who is he? Ken Coulquete. Doubt I spelled his name right but who cares.

Coach Colquitt, good to hear from you. I played for you back in 1981. I want you to know that besides Raffo and McNabb, you were my favorite coach. Did not know that was you. Good to hear from you.

Well that's cool but I still think that you have a better chance to win at South Pittsburg if not only for the simple reason that they don't have to play all those teams Jasper does in that distirct and the only team you can consistently beat is Bledsoe. If you don't win you get fired and it's as simple as that.

Grant it Marion is in a tough district and region. South Pitt is in a tough district and region as well. Grace, Temple, CSAS, are all tough games. But so is Howard, East Ridge, Brainard and McMinn Co. and Chatt. Christ. The more I think about it, both schools are in tough regions. Not much for a coach to look forward to unless he likes a challenge. And I have never known David to run from any challenges.

Grant it Marion is in a tough district and region. South Pitt is in a tough district and region as well. Grace, Temple, CSAS, are all tough games. But so is Howard, East Ridge, Brainard and McMinn Co. and Chatt. Christ. The more I think about it, both schools are in tough regions. Not much for a coach to look forward to unless he likes a challenge. And I have never known David to run from any challenges.

Yeah that is true. South Pittsburg has more to worry about in there region than reall the district aside from maybe CSAS and Lookout Valley. Marion County has a very tought district from top to bottom and that make it tough there.

I've been around Marion County athletics for more than 25 years and I have NEVER known of a boys basketball coach that was FIRED because of a win/loss record. You give me the name of one coach that has been fired at MC because of a losing record in boys basketball...........

I mean as in like the people around town and players and things of that nature. They won't want you and then you succumb to that pressure and quit. Which is sort of like being fired.

Phillips and Stone are both faculty and may not have an option of showing interest. If Mrs. Allison has trouble finding someone to take the job and has no teacher openings, she can "appoint" one of her faculty to take it. I'm sure that either one of these two would agree to take the job. As for Quick...If he is a non-faculty coach and hasn't been an assistant for five years, he would not be eligible to be head coach. Mrs. Allison could appoint one of the faculty as the head coach (by title) and let Quick run the show. There are several options that could come in to play here.

The only one that has been mentioned as having an interest is Powell. Coach Powell has a degree in just about everything (Science, History, Economics, Government, and Geography) but I'm not sure what he is certified to teach. According to Whitwell's web site, he is teaching Special Education. Here is the link to his bio.

Coach Powell

Hey MC Dad you seem to know alot of what is going on. What is the deal with the Marion's Basketball situation?

Phillips and Stone are both faculty and may not have an option of showing interest. If Mrs. Allison has trouble finding someone to take the job and has no teacher openings, she can "appoint" one of her faculty to take it. I'm sure that either one of these two would agree to take the job. As for Quick...If he is a non-faculty coach and hasn't been an assistant for five years, he would not be eligible to be head coach. Mrs. Allison could appoint one of the faculty as the head coach (by title) and let Quick run the show. There are several options that could come in to play here.

The only one that has been mentioned as having an interest is Powell. Coach Powell has a degree in just about everything (Science, History, Economics, Government, and Geography) but I'm not sure what he is certified to teach. According to Whitwell's web site, he is teaching Special Education. Here is the link to his bio.

Coach Powell

Hey MC-Dad can you clear something up for me? If you are non-faculty and have assisted for 5 years or longer can you be a head coach and not have to have a faculty member on the bench? Just wondering.