South Pittsburg

PurpleGrad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this official? If it is....I wish Coach Phillips the best of luck in his new role. SP has definitely got a good one in David and I think he'll be good for the program.

Yes it is official. Coach Phillips called me early to let me know he was taking the job. Good Luck Bubba!!!!!!

Yes it is official. Coach Phillips called me early to let me know he was taking the job. Good Luck Bubba!!!!!!

Snipe has spoken, it must be official. Congrats to David. I really dont like him wearing that darn black and orange but as long as he is happy, I am proud for him. South Pitt I only hope you know how lucky you are to have David Phillips as your head coach. Good luck David except of course when you play the real Marion County.

I think South Pittsburg will be a dominate force in the years to come. They now have an excellent mens basketball coach and a well established junior high program. I think teams such as Grace and Temple should watch out. A public school is on the rise in basketball. There will be some good games in the rackdome in the years to come.

I agree with you monkey boy. This Rackdome place you speak of should be a good setting. Is the Rackdome the new gym they are going to be getting? I am like you, I think all the ingredients will start to take shape within the next few years. The Pirates could have a very successful basketball program to go with that Whackball team they have on the diamond and the football team they usually put out is usually impressive.

Big corndog would probably take a "Cane Hickory Stick" to the little corndog if he wore the orange and black of S.P. Is he good friends with the new coach or something?

Yea, the rackdome is hopefully going to be built above the football locker room. Hey Chester, do you know if Cornpup is interested in a assistant job at SP now that Phillips is the head man? I don't think HOTDOG would like it if little Cornpup went Orange and Black. I saw on here earlier that little Cornpup congradulated Philips. I would think they are good buddies. I think he played for him at Jasper.

Edited by Willi James Huff

I think this could be good for SP. I know people don't like the word, but since this is an SP thread I am going to use it. Coach Phillips knows real, true, Rackball. I honestly expect SP to distribute multiple "Rackings" on teams within the next few years. I know Rackball will be stronger than ever with Coach Phil at the helm. He will instill fundamentals and discipline. The rest of that region better watch out. There is a new Rackball Sheriff in town, and his name is Coach Phil.