Grace Baptist v. East Robertson

ut18vols

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt be as worried as stopping Carter as I would Eldridge. Carter can be shut down, idk if Eldridge can unless he just has an off game.

True. Carter has had many off nights but Grace still plays well, but if Eldridge isn't doing well then the team is a bit down. I think this guy carries a lot of weight for the team. Not all, but a lot.

Having seen East Robertson get handled during a Christmas tourney I'll have to pick Grace in this one. East Robertson has a lot of athletic guys but they don't play smart basketball or at least didn't when I saw them. Too much driving down the lane and jacking up a shot not enough passing and turnovers could be a factor for them. I think Grace is probably the toughest team in the state right now so I just can't see them losing this one.

Edited by Old School Baller 24

The previous posts have been right. Carter CAN be shut down. He does have his off nights offensively. He doesnt have off nights rebounding and blocking. But as said earlier if you concentrate on stopping him you will get burried from the outside by the other 4 and through the lane by Dilts and Van Horn. I think that is what makes this Grace team SO tough to beat. They have so many ways to beat you. You cant focus all of your attention on one person or even 2 people. Everyone on the floor can score in bunches. And they are not half bad at defense either...haha. Seeing Carter make fools of so many people this year has been a lot of fun.

I dont think this one will be a blowout, and i think East Robertson will play a good game, but i would be willing to bet Grace will pull it out.

not in person..saw some film...their ball handling skills definately didnt impress me and they werent the quickest bunch ive ever seen

You must be thinking another team! Andrews can be as dominae as any point guard in the state! And the speed comment -- You are sadly mistaken! East top 2 running backs and their quarter back who all run sub 4.6 40s all play basketball and 2 of them start! I really hope Grace is underestimating East! that is exactly what they like -- to be the underdog and get counted out before the game even starts! By the way, the 6'10 kid is only one kid! He won't dominate the game! It sounds like East needs to try and make that kid dominate and shut everyone else down, which they can! Boys it seems like the king is set for the fall! :thumb::lol:

The previous posts have been right. Carter CAN be shut down. He does have his off nights offensively. He doesnt have off nights rebounding and blocking. But as said earlier if you concentrate on stopping him you will get burried from the outside by the other 4 and through the lane by Dilts and Van Horn. I think that is what makes this Grace team SO tough to beat. They have so many ways to beat you. You cant focus all of your attention on one person or even 2 people. Everyone on the floor can score in bunches. And they are not half bad at defense either...haha. Seeing Carter make fools of so many people this year has been a lot of fun.

I dont think this one will be a blowout, and i think East Robertson will play a good game, but i would be willing to bet Grace will pull it out.

I like what this guy is saying.It seems about right. :thumb: