Independence High School

Metroman

I saw that Independence is looking for another head coach. That means that in its three years of existence, it will have three different coaches. I know the first guy took another job (at Science Hill, I think). What happened to this coach?

Also interesting that Ravenwood, Franklin, and Independence have had so much turnover (and Centennial to a certain extent). Is there something wrong with Williamson County?

Just wondering.

I saw that Independence is looking for another head coach. That means that in its three years of existence, it will have three different coaches. I know the first guy took another job (at Science Hill, I think). What happened to this coach?

Also interesting that Ravenwood, Franklin, and Independence have had so much turnover (and Centennial to a certain extent). Is there something wrong with Williamson County?

Just wondering.

I hear that the Centenial job has been offered to John Boucher the former Ravenwood girls coach. He would replace Brian Kelley who has been attempting to fill both the boys and girls job the last 3 years.

I don't know anything about the Independence job other than the coach they hired last year was very young and relatively inexperienced and they didn't seem to progress much this past season.

On the other hand, the Franklin & Ravenwood problems are a result of administrations that treat all of the girls programs (soccer would be the exception)as necessary evils that they have to endure. The Franklin basketball job has been open since last July yet, as of last week, there had been no effort to find a replacement. Coach Shane Pantall agreed to fill in this year after the late Summer and abrupt departure of Shawn Stephenson but Pantall has stated several times that he would not continue as the coach next year. Everyone has been aware of his position, yet the administration still has not taken the initiative to find a quality replacement.

Ravenwood did the same thing last year when they fired Coach Boucher late in the school year and then waited until mid June to hire the next coach. The principal reportedly had no clue that teams could practice during the Spring or Summer adn felt that there was no hurry to fill the spot. The new coach, by the way, seems to be very good and really improved the Ravenwood team through the season.

Edited by hoopitup3

These are good positions at great schools,as for as Franklin goes they usually have good talent coming thru Indepedence is only in their 3rd year so where the talent will come from may be a big question mark.If you are a Nashville area coach applying you should no the expectations and tolerance with losing are quite different than Metro.

These are good positions at great schools,as for as Franklin goes they usually have good talent coming thru Indepedence is only in their 3rd year so where the talent will come from may be a big question mark.If you are a Nashville area coach applying you should no the expectations and tolerance with losing are quite different than Metro.

[/quotej

I think you are right. The will to excell is not only great in basketball but in all other sports and also if a coach is not going to go in to either one of these situations with high expections, it will not be an easy situation. there are too many private schools in Williamson who want to excell. it will not be the case of their not being pressure to do well.