Forrest vs RBS

TopDawg83

Hello all,

I have been unavailable for all the great discussions that have went on during the post season. I was able to make it for the 1st Round games today in the 'Boro.

Congrads to all 8 teams that made the field for this year's state, especially the two teams from Dis 7A/Reg 4A.

I watched a very young RBS team today showup and begin their game. You could obviously see the nerves and the butterflies (the size of Teradactyls) fluttering in the early stages of the game. However they gained their composure and took the lead and the game was a real see-saw battle for the 2nd half.

Obviously as well, RBS's downfall was the inability to make FT's the entire game. The loss does not need to be laid on anyone players shoulders. I am sure that the girls would tell you they have won 30 games "as a team" and they have lost 7 games "as a team" INCLUDING TODAY!

But the reason for this post is of another nature. I was sitting close to several visiting teams that were in attendance (That did not make the Elite 8) and what I saw these teams do immediately following the game appauled me!

The girls teams from Clarkrange, Westmoreland, Macon County, and Gordonsville all stood up at the final horn and applauded the fact that RBS had been eliminated.

Is the jealousy of them making it at the expense of most of you so bad that you can't even pull for a team from your own District or Region? That was a very CLASSLESS and Childish act on your parts. Every team I mentioned (I believe has been to the State before and this was RBS's time. I am a big Clay County fan bt I was pulling for Jackson County and RBS to advance. The Clay County girls team was there as well and at least they didn't openly cheer against RBS or JC.

Your BB programs were built and tradition and pride and each one named has had their share of success. I just believe it was in very poor taste.

Sorry this was so long but I just had to get this off my chest.

Good Luck JC against Summertown and Great Season RBS Lady Bulldogs! <_<

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for Clarkrange and not the others. Coach Rogers teaches respect for the other team as well as coach basketball. His girls were applauding the girls from RBS for the great season they had. It was their last chance to show them how proud this region is of them for getting as far as they did. You need to get your facts straight before you get on here and accuse these teams of things that they did not do. GO JACKSON COUNTY. HOPE YOU BRING HOME THE GOLD.

I can only speak for Clarkrange and not the others. Coach Rogers teaches respect for the other team as well as coach basketball. His girls were applauding the girls from RBS for the great season they had. It was their last chance to show them how proud this region is of them for getting as far as they did. You need to get your facts straight before you get on here and accuse these teams of things that they did not do. GO JACKSON COUNTY. HOPE YOU BRING HOME THE GOLD.

Now that is what I have heard about Coach Rogers.

I truely believe that Macon County's girls basketball team along with the others(Clarkrange, Westmoreland, and Gordonsville) were HAPPY to see RBS get beat and for what reason?????One word Jealous...Im not here to bash no one but it is the truth...RBS and Macon have to share a county and any time RBS does better or makes it farther in any thing it is all heck to be paid...Me along with a few others from Trousdale were there in attendance to support the Lady-Bulldogs...I personally think it is great when a neighboring team goes to state to try to win the Gold Ball...To the Lady-Bullsdogs Congrats on the Great Season and i look forward to seeing yall in the Boro next year...And to all those Haters that were soo full of joy when RBS got beat, you might want to start practicing NOW...Dont worry you want here the 8th grader chant next year, she will be a "Freshman" :thumb: ...

Ok I really don't like the classless cry or calling anyone classless because they are pulling for one team over another, even if it is a team that is in their area. These teams don't get along really well around here and I don't think RBS if they were the ones sitting in the stands that they would pull for any of the teams that were listed. You can cheer or boo whoever you want, free country. If you don't like it then move. Personally who someone cheers for doesn't amount to anything in the grand scheme of things. The games is played on the court and what happens in the stands has no bearing on anything. Just because some of you believe that you have to pull for the team in your area doesn't mean everyone has to think that. Do you think UT pulls for Alabama or Florida when they go to a bowl game, certainly not! Those teams are classified in UT's area but they wouldn't cheer for them against anyone. Basically someone just needs to quit their crying. It wasn't classless move by any of the players on the other team, it was simply their choice.

Well I was at the game but I was so busy applauding and jumping and screaming and everything that RBS had been eliminated, in fact top dawg you may have seen me on the Forrest side in a BRIGHT YELLOW shirt.But enough about me. I did not see the other teams applauding after the game. But in my opinion they were most likely cheering for the great game they had just watched and most likely cheering for the 30 and 7 season RBS had. I mean instead of getting on here and starting stuff like, oh they where against our district and region and saying they are classless. Why dont you get on here and say thank you to the girls teams from Clarkrange, Westmoreland, Macon County, and Gordonsville for all standing up at the final horn and applauding to the fact that RBS made it as far as they did and for the great game they played. I will tell you something top dawg I bet after these classless remarks you have left that next time RBS plays these 4 or 5 teams will be standing up and applauding that they were eliminated. But you know what? Some of these teams may be classy enough to stand up and applaud for their district and region again even after your unclassy remarks.

a good friend named Ron once said "Stay Classy................."

as for me I will say stay classy mr. TOPDAWG

If this is the case I am glad this happen. I love the fact all these teams hate RBS. The fact is they was in stands and RBS was on the court playing today. Love or hate us we are a good team. Great season girls. We will be back in the boro next year. :thumb:

Ok I really don't like the classless cry or calling anyone classless because they are pulling for one team over another, even if it is a team that is in their area. These teams don't get along really well around here and I don't think RBS if they were the ones sitting in the stands that they would pull for any of the teams that were listed. You can cheer or boo whoever you want, free country. If you don't like it then move. Personally who someone cheers for doesn't amount to anything in the grand scheme of things. The games is played on the court and what happens in the stands has no bearing on anything. Just because some of you believe that you have to pull for the team in your area doesn't mean everyone has to think that. Do you think UT pulls for Alabama or Florida when they go to a bowl game, certainly not! Those teams are classified in UT's area but they wouldn't cheer for them against anyone. Basically someone just needs to quit their crying. It wasn't classless move by any of the players on the other team, it was simply their choice.

First, you dont know what you are talking about. I have played at different levels and you gain respect for people you compete against. It does not matter if its you biggest rival or play them one time in four years. You gain respect for them.

I promise you people from Bama want FLa to win out of conference, TN wants Auburn to win against Wisconsin.....IT makes you look better as a conference and it makes you team look better. It has nothing to do with your area or this or that, it has to do with RESPECT for teams/players you compete against.