WILL FARRAGUT AVENGE THEIR MISFORTUNE?

ZORGON

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT AFTER THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS LAST YEAR FARRAGUT CAME OUT SHAFTED IN WHAT WAS TO BE KNOWN AS A VERY CONTRAVERSIAL CALL TOWARDS THE END OF THE MATCH WITCH TOOK BACK THE GAOL THAT FARRAGUT HAD SCORED ON THE "FURTURE CHAMPS" BUT ASSIDE FROM LAST YEAR, HAS FARRAGUT GAINED BACK THE RESPECT THAT WAS TAKEN FROM THEM??? DOES FARRAGUT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THE JOB DONE???? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TEAM AND WHO/WHAT ARE THEIR STRONG POINTS AND WEEK POINTS FOR THIS UPCOMMING SEASON......

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal shouldn't have counted. Farragut fouled. Nothing controversial.

Get a tissue and learn to spell. Your post reads like a 7-year old.

The better question is, will Bearden continue to dominate east tennessee?

Bearden: 5 Final Fours in the last 6 years

Farragut: 2 Final Fours in the last 7 years

(Since you are also a big Houston fan: Houston: 6 Final Fours in the last 8 years)

Do it year after year like the big boys and you will get your repect!

Last year Farragut went into the state tourney on the hardest road possible. Taking on Marryville in a shootout, playing bearden twice and getting banged up, playing a tough Oak Ridge game which also went into extra time....Once they got to state, they were tired...it wasnt that they werent in shape because everyone at the brentwood game got to see why farragut is one of the most feared teams in the state...to be honest, they put it to Brentwood; even if they fell short of a victory. They missed chance after chance, and it was only a matter of time for Brentwood to put one in. The goal being taken away was definately fair, you have to call the foul....but it does seem a little weird how long play was allowed to continue before anything was called (that is why the tissue is allowed to be used). To answer your question, i ask another....who has Farragut honestly lost that won them games...they lost players that kept them in games longer, but they didn't lose anyone that won them games. Their defense was banged up all last year, Helton had the groin, Ruoff had his back problems, and the other defensive players were underclassmen...they lost rhodes, but he missed a lot of chances in the brentwood game and all season. They have backstrom to score, Russel to score, and that Fisher kid was the one that stepped up to keep them in the playoffs by coming in off the bench and getting like 5 goals in 4 games.....so they will be good, but i dont know if they can try to reclaim the state again this year...next year, they will be a powerhouse...and they year after that....You talk of high school soccer in the past tense though..by talking about how many final fours teams have been to means nothing...this year is a new year...the teams are different and coaches will change things around...so history matters nothing...but keep bringing it up if you wish.

(Since you are also a big Houston fan: Houston: 6 Final Fours in the last 8 years)

Farragut 2 state championships in last 3 years

Bearden 0 state championships in last 3 years

Brentwood 1 state championship in last 3 years

And Farragut has beat Bearden 7 out of the last 10 ten times so Farragut has dominated the east and the east has won 4 out of the last 5 state championships

Last year Farragut went into the state tourney on the hardest road possible. Taking on Marryville in a shootout, playing bearden twice and getting banged up, playing a tough Oak Ridge game which also went into extra time....Once they got to state, they were tired...it wasnt that they werent in shape because everyone at the brentwood game got to see why farragut is one of the most feared teams in the state...to be honest, they put it to Brentwood; even if they fell short of a victory. They missed chance after chance, and it was only a matter of time for Brentwood to put one in. The goal being taken away was definately fair, you have to call the foul....but it does seem a little weird how long play was allowed to continue before anything was called (that is why the tissue is allowed to be used). To answer your question, i ask another....who has Farragut honestly lost that won them games...they lost players that kept them in games longer, but they didn't lose anyone that won them games. Their defense was banged up all last year, Helton had the groin, Ruoff had his back problems, and the other defensive players were underclassmen...they lost rhodes, but he missed a lot of chances in the brentwood game and all season. They have backstrom to score, Russel to score, and that Fisher kid was the one that stepped up to keep them in the playoffs by coming in off the bench and getting like 5 goals in 4 games.....so they will be good, but i dont know if they can try to reclaim the state again this year...next year, they will be a powerhouse...and they year after that....You talk of high school soccer in the past tense though..by talking about how many final fours teams have been to means nothing...this year is a new year...the teams are different and coaches will change things around...so history matters nothing...but keep bringing it up if you wish.

um farragut had the hardest road possible? if they would've won district they wouldn't have had to play maryville and then the overtime game was once again there own fault, and the Bearden games have to be played for us both to advance so they made the road hard by themselves by not putting away teams they should have early on. and by the end of the season their are always injuries, that is nothing new, i agree that they will have a stronger team this year but to say that the past means nothing is ridiculus, if a team has made itself a contending team in the past then the new players will keep that intensity and wanting for victory, that is how teams grow is from the past, think about it farragut has to know more now then they did last year

Farragut 2 state championships in last 3 years

Bearden 0 state championships in last 3 years

Brentwood 1 state championship in last 3 years

And Farragut has beat Bearden 7 out of the last 10 ten times so Farragut has dominated the east and the east has won 4 out of the last 5 state championships

I think this year is gunna be different bearden looks like they have the better team.

Tin Man.....So are you saying that playing Marryville all the way to a shootout, Bearden again and again (which has to happen considering both teams are very good and right next to each other), Oak Ridge in a close game which was won in an overtime.... is easy? Of course teams should put teams away...and they did put them away...it just seemed to be very hard games (they weren't 6-0 blowouts, and they couldnt have been because those three teams are very good) How many other schools have to play the state champions or runner-ups to advance to state every year almost 3-4 times each (depending on who wins district and so on)...the injuries, however, were not end of the season injuries...Ruoff was hurt almost the entire season, Helton was out for a decent part of the season, and we still won Regions. they are going to have a good team this year, but i dont think they will have gotten stronger...they will have stayed about the same, considering most of their starters last year were underclassmen.

You can say that history means something, but to say that the only reason a team wants to compete strongly for a state title is because they have won it before is just stupid. Every team starts out fresh at every year...reputations are simply reputations and nothing more. A team can go from winning state to losing its key players and not even returning. Bearden didnt even make it out of districts two years ago and they were a two-time state champion. The teams with the best players will be in state, reputation or not...so how does reputation win games?

I was at that game and have to disagree on princible, to much time elapsed, the goal was put on the scoreboard and brought back to the middle of the field,the AR after that much time should have dropped his hand. Now , understand I think Farragut got some calls in that game too, so it wasn't the best reffed game I saw all day. But done is done and Brentwood is the champion and deservedly so, they won all their games and brought the title back to Middle Tenn.

Bearden and Farragut are great teams, correct me if I am wrong but Farragut switched coaches 4 years ago , and things have been different since then. Good teams continue to rise and we will see this year. Since the Bearden and Farragut haven't played each other, how can anyone say who's better. I think Baylor who scored on themselves first against Bearden may give both a tough time. Chatt Christian, is better than alot think. BGA is way better than alot think.Alot of soccer to go, and Avenge will be from what happens this year not last.

Just a thought...............

Brentwood did have a good run at the title last year....i dont know about any other teams in MT though. Farragut played BGA a couple of years ago and beat them pretty decisively. I dont know if they have gotten better since then. Bearden is my bet for state this year....unless something goes drastically wrong from now until then, i think they will bring it back to ET.

Im pretty sure the ref in that game didnt even speak english.... soo thats gotta go something against his refing skills. Farraguts gonna be good this year everyone countin them out way to early