Opening Week in 8-AAA

baseball fan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look for top 2 to be shelbyville & franklin co. Lincoln co & Columbia next. Hargrove is a solid coach but this is his weakest team since he has been a head coach at Tullahoma. Most of their seniors are inexperienced and several soph. pitchers pitch. they are the type of team that will only get better as they play 4th or 5th place is likely but will do better come tournament time. coffee co & lawrence co will round out the district. all in all shelbyville should win the district.

who is the kid that threw for coffee county in the first game? it appeared that coffee county threw their best two pitchers on the first night? the first kid threw hard and had a pretty sick curve that got many batters swinging and looking at strikes. i know he can't do it all by himself..he tried though, he did have 4 k's in one inning! Franklin county would like to have him on their pitching staff. my understanding is that he is only a junior?

who is the kid that threw for coffee county in the first game? it appeared that coffee county threw their best two pitchers on the first night? the first kid threw hard and had a pretty sick curve that got many batters swinging and looking at strikes. i know he can't do it all by himself..he tried though, he did have 4 k's in one inning! Franklin county would like to have him on their pitching staff. my understanding is that he is only a junior?

that would be trey adcock and he is a junior. he was coming off an ankle injury from basketball. the raiders will improve over the course of the season. with a very young pitching staff-no senior pitchers-coach jones is still looking for some guys to step up.

both pitchers tues, adcock and magouirk were basketball players and are still building endurance on the mound.

not trying to take anything away from franklin county, i think when the smoke clears they will be close to or on top of the heap, a great play in right field saved a win for the rebels. that game could have very easily went the other way

look for top 2 to be shelbyville & franklin co. Lincoln co & Columbia next. Hargrove is a solid coach but this is his weakest team since he has been a head coach at Tullahoma. Most of their seniors are inexperienced and several soph. pitchers pitch. they are the type of team that will only get better as they play 4th or 5th place is likely but will do better come tournament time. coffee co & lawrence co will round out the district. all in all shelbyville should win the district.

I thought they had 6 experience srs and their top 2 pitchers were srs. Walker may be the best player in the district. Tullahoma should compete with Shelbyville for the top spot.

Hargrove will make Tullahoma a solid team but their #2 pitcher is a soph. The other sr. pitcher Layton is coming off shoulder surgery and did not pitch last year. they will pitch several pitchers and they will not be in the top 3 unless the district is down. however come tournament time they might be able to make the region do to coaching & young players improving. By the way Walker has had some arm problems and is just now getting back to last years form.Shelbyville should win the district. Two solid Lft handed pitchers along with several others their only weak spot could be ss if they play a Freshman who will be back after basketball. Stewart the catcher is probably the best in the district. they hit the ball well. this is probably Shelbyville best team in years if the ss plays well.

Hargrove will make Tullahoma a solid team but their #2 pitcher is a soph. The other sr. pitcher Layton is coming off shoulder surgery and did not pitch last year. they will pitch several pitchers and they will not be in the top 3 unless the district is down. however come tournament time they might be able to make the region do to coaching & young players improving. By the way Walker has had some arm problems and is just now getting back to last years form.Shelbyville should win the district. Two solid Lft handed pitchers along with several others their only weak spot could be ss if they play a Freshman who will be back after basketball. Stewart the catcher is probably the best in the district. they hit the ball well. this is probably Shelbyville best team in years if the ss plays well.

I agree about Shelbyville. I was told Layton was T-Town's #2.