Jackson County

briank

I am curious as to why Jackson County moved to single A. I realize they had a choice since their numbers qualify them for single A. Since they are very close to class AA cutoff, why wouldn't they choose to remain in AA? With the success they have had in AA and the competition a little better, I thought they would have been a better fit for AA.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious as to why Jackson County moved to single A. I realize they had a choice since their numbers qualify them for single A. Since they are very close to class AA cutoff, why wouldn't they choose to remain in AA? With the success they have had in AA and the competition a little better, I thought they would have been a better fit for AA.

This has been brought up before, and a very good reason has been given again and again. Girls Basketball is not the only sport affected by this, the baseball, softball, and boys basketball are affected by this too. Those programs have struggled in AA, and have alot better chance to compete in A. That is why they stayed put where they were classified instead of playing up a class. Oliver Springs was successful in AA, yet nobody has questioned them staying in A. Because they too have other sports that are involved in the decision.

Sorry I'm not an expert on all things Jackson County. In fact, most Tennesseans couldn't tell you where Jackson County is located. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Thank you again and again!

You dont have to know anything about Jackson County to know the general rules of what sports are classified together. Dont be so sensitve.

If I was intending that statement to be smart then a apology would be in order, but it wasnt. So dont try to read into eveything like people are out to get you. The only reason I said over and over, is because I have answered it myself a few times on here, I wasnt trying to make you look stupid. If I really hurt your feelings Im sorry.

Edited by coach15

If you would read my post football was never mentioned, JC is AA in football also.

I am very sorry. I saw all the other sports mentioned, and since I was just scanning over the post, I just assumed football was on there to.

Mr. WesCharge I know how the classifications work so there is no need to be a jerk. :lol: