HOW GOOD IS DB

teepeeguy

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right about that BwAnG, the players are the ones who win and lose the games. I've just never seen a coach so openly blame his players. Its another thing if he says we just didnt play well. The problem is he always uses they. They didnt play well, they made too many errors, they werent ready to play. Isnt it his job to prepare them and help prevent these things? He takes credit when the team wins and blames the losses on the team. I've just never known many coaches who dont take the blame on themselves.

Although I can see where he has a hard time filling out the lineup. There are so many people who can contribute but there arent enough spots. It looks like Crawford might take the everyday shortstop duties and that will leave 2 postitions open which are firstbase and the right field job. Ring has done a good job so that might just leave firstbase where there is a logjam with Creech, Henderson, and now Burton. The thing is the lineup needs to be solidified so the kids can go out there and play and not worry about learning a new postition everyday or whether or not their even gonna be playing.

I agree but I dont think Crawford will take the everday shortstop, considering tonight Joyce started there..... Crawford is a great player but very inexperienced, I belive that Bo has that position more locked down....... The only way i see Crawford moving to short (fulltime) is if Creech is not playing first (such as next year) and if Henderson is worked into the pitching rotation on a regular basis..... B/c lets not forget sources tell me Henderson batted around 600. in the Summer League, if he gets the hot bat back, you never know what could happen..........

Let's see--DB's number one pitcher aginst Jeff's #7,8,9. What effort? It was batting practice for a girl's school! If any DB fan takes pride in what happened tonight, you can only be described by the new word I now have for your coach and his antics at the end of the game: CLASSLESS. The more things change, the more they stay the same. A true ball player would have told Ritz to stick it where the sun don't shine to make outs on purpose and to show up a competitor. Ritz owes Jeff County, its coach and the game of baseball an apology--and if you're a DB fan who believes in the integrity of the game, he owes you an apology as well

Let's see--DB's number one pitcher aginst Jeff's #7,8,9. What effort? It was batting practice for a girl's school! If any DB fan takes pride in what happened tonight, you can only be described by the new word I now have for your coach and his antics at the end of the game: CLASSLESS. The more things change, the more they stay the same. A true ball player would have told Ritz to stick it where the sun don't shine to make outs on purpose and to show up a competitor. Ritz owes Jeff County, its coach and the game of baseball an apology--and if you're a DB fan who believes in the integrity of the game, he owes you an apology as well

First of all i was talking about how the players played tonight...... I could careless about Coach Ritz to be brutally honest...... He has nothing to do with what the conversation was about, but we all appreciate the usless peice of information on your philosophy of the game...... I guess playing to win might be a little to much for some people, classless or not, the score was 14 to 3.......

Oh and they pitched their 7th, 8th, and 9th ranked pitchers, so........ Its good to know that their #1 pitcher has the power to make up for the 11 points they lost by.... Be sure to give me his name so I can get him on my fantasy team in the next couple years....... :thumb:

First of all i was talking about how the players played tonight...... I could careless about Coach Ritz to be brutally honest...... He has nothing to do with what the conversation was about, but we all appreciate the usless peice of information on your philosophy of the game...... I guess playing to win might be a little to much for some people, classless or not, the score was 14 to 3.......

Oh and they pitched their 7th, 8th, and 9th ranked pitchers, so........ Its good to know that their #1 pitcher has the power to make up for the 11 points they lost by.... Be sure to give me his name so I can get him on my fantasy team in the next couple years....... :thumb:

11 points? How about "runs"? Do you understand anything about baseball? I did not bog on the players but ignorant fans like you taking pride in a shameful course of events carried out by your coach. There's nothing wrong with trying to win but if you don't understand the significance of what happened tonight, you should do baseball a favor and start rooting for ice skating. Your comments show your ignorance. BTW, there's only one word for your comments about the pitching: clueless.

since when does playing to win involve intentionally having your runners stand off the bag and get picked off. thats sounds like a horrible strategy to win a game. good luck with that one in the future. and yes, our #! has the power to make up for 11 runs (as we like to call them in baseball, but you guys in kingsport would know anything about the little things that make baseball, such as etiquette). his name is Drew Story. two of the pitchers jefferson county threw tonight are currently playing baseball for the first time in three years, with the last time being in babe ruth organized leagues. way to go cheif, good work.

11 points? How about "runs"? Do you understand anything about baseball? I did not bog on the players but ignorant fans like you taking pride in a shameful course of events carried out by your coach. There's nothing wrong with trying to win but if you don't understand the significance of what happened tonight, you should do baseball a favor and start rooting for ice skating. Your comments show your ignorance. BTW, there's only one word for your comments about the pitching: clueless.

Ok, Obviously you wouldnt have understood what happend tonight b/c you probably didnt no that we in kingsport had a toronado warning meaning that if the game didnt end soon it was going to be posponed, which probably would have been good for Jeff since they still had a chance... :lol: Anyway... If my comments show my "ignorance" then I dont want to know how smart you are......... You are just like every other DB hater, you can't beat DB so you find anything you can to hold against them..... If Db would have won by 1 "run" (sorry for the confusion by saying points :thumb: ) you would have said they are overrated, they barely won.....And when DB destroys someone the coach is classless......haha....... Seriously, I would rather be "ignorant", rather than not have a life, Bc you know the one you do have only consist of thinking of the next way you can put down DB, and thats sad............. My suggestion stop whining and just talk about the players....Or go somewhere else b/c i know no one on this thread wants to hear about how much you hate DB... We try to keep it as positive as possible.....

not a d-b apoligist but have to say: jeff co. fans love to get on d-b threads and talk smack, but when they go 0-3 in d-b's tournament are full of excuses. When d-b struggled in knoxville, jef co. fans were first to pile on. as for coach ritz, you don't have to agree with everything he does to recognize that he has done an awesome job everywhere he has been. Haters just have a hard time realizing that their son or brother can't hit as well as they thought they could.