LA 2006-2007

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a big IF. This year it was all about "me", not the team, lots of selfish playing. They have talent if they will all come together. Kilgore can handle herself down low, if she gets the playing time. Looking forward to next year because watching this year's team was painful!

I disagree with you big time! I didnt see noone being selfish! Yes Ashley Matthews did shoot alot this year but thats bc noone else would! And what does a team leader do? They do what other people wont! and they wouldnt shoot so she had to be the scorer for this team so she shot! So if thats being selfish in your book I would love to see what team leader is? Also, Jada Ledbetter played great down low she just needs some help and yes you are right about Kilgore, but she was only a freshmen with 2 seniors and couple juniors in front of her next year she will see her rightful time as a sopf. but playing time comes with experince! I dont remember anything being painful this year besides loosing to arch rival York three times! But, they got further than anyone expect them too and played pretty good ball and was one missed shot away from goin to STATE! so you wasnt watchin the same BigBlueTeam I was this year!

LA made great strides this year. They looked like an 'also ran' team last summer at camps, but got much better as the year went along. Coach Smith did an outstanding coaching job to get them as far as they did in the tournaments. Ashley Mathews is a 'player'.

That's a big IF. This year it was all about "me", not the team, lots of selfish playing. They have talent if they will all come together. Kilgore can handle herself down low, if she gets the playing time. Looking forward to next year because watching this year's team was painful!

Well let take a minute and look at this statement. From the way I understand this post you think she was the reason they didn’t make it to the State. She shot too much and wasn’t a team player. So I guess you think they could have done better if she would have spent more time on the bench and less time on the floor. I think Coach Smith try that while she was a sophomore, and they got beat the first game of the district tournament. I think Ashley, as did a great job this year, in helping her team to go as far as they did. I also don't think Ashley did anything that wasn't asked of her form Coach Smith. What I really think of your post is that you are just another jealous person of a kid’s ability to perform and stand above the other competition. To Ashley I say good luck next year, because it as been a joy to watch you this year step up and become a team leader. Just remember you are just another great one in a list of many that has play on the hardwood for LA, I bet they had people that was jealous of them also.

P.S. We would be glad to roll the red carpet out for you at Jackson County.

Edited by bballjunky

Well let take a minute and look at this statement. From the way I understand this post you think she was the reason they didn’t make it to the State. She shot too much and wasn’t a team player. So I guess you think they could have done better if she would have spent more time on the bench and less time on the floor. I think Coach Smith try that while she was a sophomore, and they got beat the first game of the district tournament. I think Ashley, as did a great job this year, in helping her team to go as far as they did. I also don't think Ashley did anything that wasn't asked of her form Coach Smith. What I really think of your post is that you are just another jealous person of a kid’s ability to perform and stand above the other competition. To Ashley I say good luck next year, because it as been a joy to watch you this year step up and become a team leader. Just remember you are just another great one in a list of many that has play on the hardwood for LA, I bet they had people that was jealous of them also.

P.S. We would be glad to roll the red carpet out for you at Jackson County.

Thanks for echo'n my post earlier that just goes to prove i wasnt the only one watchin this team this year! and yes Ashley is a great player, but i believe that Coach Smith and some other people at LA would want her to stay put! So no need to roll out the carpet yet because i think it would get rained on.... <_< But im sure Ashley would be thrilled to be wanted by such a great program!

Edited by YouWantToBeLikeME