how bout them landers

Deerhunter44

congrats to cloudland. you did win the games taht counted up until this one. u did make it to the 'boro regardless of how tuff ur schedule or district or region may have been. u won what u need to win to make it. now, i guess u see y the west tn teams were talkin "smack" and "trash" as u highlanders accused us of...but i guess we see it was prophecy(no blasphemy intended)

hold ur heads up high, u were in the top 8.

go UC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to cloudland. you did win the games taht counted up until this one. u did make it to the 'boro regardless of how tuff ur schedule or district or region may have been. u won what u need to win to make it. now, i guess u see y the west tn teams were talkin "smack" and "trash" as u highlanders accused us of...but i guess we see it was prophecy(no blasphemy intended)

hold ur heads up high, u were in the top 8.

go UC

:D

Just depends on how you look at it. Sure, Cloudland had a losing record. Yet they beat Hampton and Unaka twice in tournaments, where it actually counted.

Yes, it does depend on how you look at it. Just think of it like this. There are going to be upsets tomorrow in the NCAA tournament. Last year Bucknell beat Kansas in the first round. Does this mean that Bucknell is a better team than Kansas. NO! There is no way that anybody can convince me that Cloudland a 14-19 (7-18 before the playoffs) team was the best representative from our district, region, or sub-state. I believe pretty much everybody feels the same way (if they are not from Cloudland). But they did win the games.

people that dont have anything worth saying on here shouldnt even waste their time or our time by just posting stupid questions and posts. Was Cloudland the better team out of the district and region? of course, they won 6 straight games in those tournys, if the other teams where the better they could have atleast win one of the tournys wouldnt u think????? also i think its just stupid on ur parts to look at the record and jump to the fact that we could have been better represented down in the boro.............cloudland split with both Unaka and UH in the season and the one loss to Unaka was in 7 OT's and then beat them twice in the tournys......so theres 2 out that Cloudland deserved to be playing ahead, as for Hampton, they barely got away with a win AT cloudland then beat us there, but we came back and also beat them twice in tournys.....thats no upset to me, thats the better team winning, one time would be a upset, twice is just making an example! its not our Fault that overrated Wartburg came up to Cloudland and got smacked!!! all u can do is make excuses and this and that, but once again the better team one so get over it. the only thing u had to back u up is that u almost beat the number 1 team cosby.........and we see how they did, not much better with the 20 pt loss at the BORO? let me also mention that UNAKA, yeah the team cloudland beat 3 out of 4 teams and went into 7 overtimes in the only loss to gave COSBY all they couldnt handle in a 5 pt loss to them this season! maybe Cosby didnt deserve it huh??? As far as West TN teams being better than East, they didnt really show me much of anything? sometimes the west is up and sometimes the east is up. it goes more in cycles really! Cloudland was just very young and the first time to the boro' kinda got to them. it will only help them the next time they make the trip though, so i have nothing bad to say about tonights came! Theres plenty of players and teams that would have loved to make the trip down to the BORO'!!!!!!!!!!! i can tell by all the jealous post and everything, i mean come on, show a little more class than that people! The 8 teams down there were the 8 teams that earned the right and played their butts off to be down there! so lets stop with all the crying!!!!! yeah Union City might be one of the top 2 down there, no excuses.......even though if they came up to Cloudland High i would bet u anything the game would have game down to the end. Schedule us at our place next year if u dont believe me lol But i mean a Mr. BBALL with 13 pts across a 8th grade team as u say??? seems pretty sorry, but hey thats just me i guess. I for one, am VERY PROUD TO BE A LANDER! Keep ur head up boys and for the seniors, u did alot this season in the post season that hasnt been done in a long time and u should be proud, and for the underclassmen, just get better from this and we will be back in the BORO with a different result soon!!!!!!!!!!

people that dont have anything worth saying on here shouldnt even waste their time or our time by just posting stupid questions and posts. Was Cloudland the better team out of the district and region? of course, they won 6 straight games in those tournys, if the other teams where the better they could have atleast win one of the tournys wouldnt u think????? also i think its just stupid on ur parts to look at the record and jump to the fact that we could have been better represented down in the boro.............cloudland split with both Unaka and UH in the season and the one loss to Unaka was in 7 OT's and then beat them twice in the tournys......so theres 2 out that Cloudland deserved to be playing ahead, as for Hampton, they barely got away with a win AT cloudland then beat us there, but we came back and also beat them twice in tournys.....thats no upset to me, thats the better team winning, one time would be a upset, twice is just making an example! its not our Fault that overrated Wartburg came up to Cloudland and got smacked!!! all u can do is make excuses and this and that, but once again the better team one so get over it. the only thing u had to back u up is that u almost beat the number 1 team cosby.........and we see how they did, not much better with the 20 pt loss at the BORO? let me also mention that UNAKA, yeah the team cloudland beat 3 out of 4 teams and went into 7 overtimes in the only loss to gave COSBY all they couldnt handle in a 5 pt loss to them this season! maybe Cosby didnt deserve it huh??? As far as West TN teams being better than East, they didnt really show me much of anything? sometimes the west is up and sometimes the east is up. it goes more in cycles really! Cloudland was just very young and the first time to the boro' kinda got to them. it will only help them the next time they make the trip though, so i have nothing bad to say about tonights came! Theres plenty of players and teams that would have loved to make the trip down to the BORO'!!!!!!!!!!! i can tell by all the jealous post and everything, i mean come on, show a little more class than that people! The 8 teams down there were the 8 teams that earned the right and played their butts off to be down there! so lets stop with all the crying!!!!! yeah Union City might be one of the top 2 down there, no excuses.......even though if they came up to Cloudland High i would bet u anything the game would have game down to the end. Schedule us at our place next year if u dont believe me lol But i mean a Mr. BBALL with 13 pts across a 8th grade team as u say??? seems pretty sorry, but hey thats just me i guess. I for one, am VERY PROUD TO BE A LANDER! Keep ur head up boys and for the seniors, u did alot this season in the post season that hasnt been done in a long time and u should be proud, and for the underclassmen, just get better from this and we will be back in the BORO with a different result soon!!!!!!!!!!

there u go haha, look at it that way. the cloudland highlanders contained marquis weddle, mr bball, to 13 points. did u notice how many assists weddle had tonight? UC played as a team( the whole team hehe) and won as a team(even if it was just the b team playing the last 12 minutes of the game. :thumb:

i would also love to c UC come over to cloudland, but that sure is a long way to give lessons. now, i dont usually get on here and get tacky but this post just rubbed me the wrong way.

#1, i congratulated cloudland above for winning, u made it to top 8! thats an honor

#2 everyone also rant and raved that UC would for sure lose to middleton at middleton in the sweet 16 to make it to state, well we won that too

#3 im all about u cheering for ur team and being proud, but dont criticize UC because they won

i agree, if u won the 7 games(?) straight, u deserved to be there, but no further than semis, bc apparently there are better teams taht deserve to move on.

no offense, but i really wish today's games would have consisted of appearances by lake county, halls, UC, and humboldt. the top four schools in district 14a, and possibly the 3 or 4 best in class a in tn.

u won the games that mattered, but apparently u didnt play enough, i wish u could have come over to w/ tn for a weekend to see that there are teams taht are far better than cloudland taht UC and humboldt played all season that should be there.

go w. tn, represent it d-14a

UC vs. Humboldt saturday morn

count on it

There is nothing that you can say that will convince me that Cloudland (7-18) or (14-19) was better than the other teams in the district, region, or sub-state. Also, I did not ask a question to people from Roan Mountain becuase I know how they feel. Read my first post. That is my take on things. I made another statement saying that everybody that I have talked to feels the same way I do (EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE FROM CLOUDLAND)!!!! I do not want to start anything with Cloudland people because it would be useless. I'll give the example again of Bucknell vs. Kansas in the tourney last year. Is Bucknell the better team since they "won it when it counted?" I also believe that the teams around here didn't take Cloudland serious in the playoffs and it came back to haunt them. I also don't see how you can set here and say that East TN basketball is as good as West TN ball. Since 1960, there have only been 3 Gold Balls travel back to Carter Co., Unaka (a couple of years ago), Hampton (1960), and Happy Valley (1974). I don't know if Elizabethton has won any or not but these are the only 3 that I know about. Hampton has been to the state tournament 9 times (that I can think of) and have only won 1 State title. That shows you how tough the teams from from down the state are. Seems kind of lopsided and I am even from East TN. Are you really serious about taking UC to the wire at Cloudland? I don't think you are serious. But if you were serious, you need to go find another hobby besides watching sports. I don't know if home court advantage can gain you 60 points becuase if things would have went the same in the 2nd half as they did in the 1st half (I mean without UC taking their starters out), you would have been beaten 92-34. That is a difference of 58 points!!!. I wish they would have actually played Weddle the whole game and then you would have been singing a different tune. I guess you just don't remember how he didn't play hardly at all. I think he only played 17 minutes out of 32 and had 13 points. If he would have kept going at that pace FOR THE WHOLE GAME, he would have ended up with about 32 or 33 points. Next time do a little thinking before you post.

Edited by Lord Vader

There is nothing that you can say that will convince me that Cloudland (7-18) or (14-19) was better than the other teams in the district, region, or sub-state. Also, I did not ask a question to people from Roan Mountain becuase I know how they feel. Read my first post. That is my take on things. I made another statement saying that everybody that I have talked to feels the same way I do (EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE FROM CLOUDLAND)!!!! I do not want to start anything with Cloudland people because it would be useless. I'll give the example again of Bucknell vs. Kansas in the tourney last year. Is Bucknell the better team since they "won it when it counted?" I also believe that the teams around here didn't take Cloudland serious in the playoffs and it came back to haunt them. I also don't see how you can set here and say that East TN basketball is as good as West TN ball. Since 1960, there have only been 3 Gold Balls travel back to Carter Co., Unaka (a couple of years ago), Hampton (1960), and Happy Valley (1974). I don't know if Elizabethton has won any or not but these are the only 3 that I know about. Seems kind of lopsided and I am even from East TN. Are you really serious about taking UC to the wire at Cloudland? I don't think you are serious. But if you were serious, you need to go find another hobby besides watching sports. I don't know if home court advantage can gain you 60 points becuase if things would have went the same in the 2nd half as they did in the 1st half (I mean without UC taking their starters out), you would have been beaten 92-34. That is a difference of 58 points!!!. I wish they would have actually played Weddle the whole game and then you would have been singing a different tune. I guess you just don't remember how he didn't play hardly at all. I think he only played 17 minutes out of 42 and had 13 points. If he would have kept going at that pace FOR THE WHOLE GAME, he would have ended up with about 32 or 33 points. Next time do a little thinking before you post.

i dont know where u got 42 min unless u were counting down time, but u are exactly right. Union City A team won the first half by 32 and the 2nd half was won by the B team.

weddle didnt shine bc he spent 3/8 of the time on the bench

Cloudland should be very proud that they made it to State, it is an honor none the less. It's a shame that the two strongest teams as everyone thinks are teams that were 2A last year and dropped down to 1A. Just be Proud of what you accomplished. Everyone gets a little jealous at the end of the year when they are sitting at home. Good Job and Hey even Cosby got beat pretty bad and they only had one (1) loss for the year. Anybody can be beaten on any given day - it's a proven fact. Good Luck next Year.