Officiating

westtennbob

I have been at every game so far. The officaiting has been so so. They have called it pretty tight on the perimeter and have let them play inside. I don't have a team in the tournament so i am totally unbiased. They have let the teams play in the paint which i feel is a very good thing. This allows the kids to play with aggressiveness and go after the ball. It has made this years tournament much more plesant than in years past when the officaiting was very pickey inside.

I think the Bolivar/Mitchell game was well officiated.

Cosby/Humboldt was a physical game, and Humboldt wasnt whistled for many fouls. Nevertheless, Humboldt crashed the boards and won the game on rebounding & second chance points.

Something that happened on two occasions - one in each of those games - was a player who was going up off the floor towards the rim for a dunk/alley oop in the Cosby/Humboldt game & and a kid going up for a rebound in the Mitchell/Bolivar game.

Both kids grabbed the rim for just a split second, nothing intentional, nothing about showboating, merely a kid trying to protect himself. In both instances, both kids were hit with a technical.