Page vs. Independence

might

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you HarryJerry Independence is pretty bad. But I dont think that Johnny Kuchar is there only problem, there biggest problem is that tonight they will be playing against Page. Independence already lost once against Page and I dont see how tonight could be any different.

I agree with you HarryJerry Independence is pretty bad. But I dont think that Johnny Kuchar is there only problem, there biggest problem is that tonight they will be playing against Page. Independence already lost once against Page and I dont see how tonight could be any different.

Jeff Hughes is on the hill for Page tonight. Should see alot of KKKKKKKKKKKK's.

Hey. I have seen page and independence play a # of times whether it be basketball or baseball or football although I do not attend either one. I also know that IHS is an incredibly young school. But I will comment on the baseball games since that is what yall are interested in. First I think page is very cocky from what I see one these forums and from there games. They play in a horrible district and play nobody teams and think they are the greatest. When i was at the game on thursday i would ask the IHS parents what grade someone was in and there were 4 freshmen 2 sophomores and 3 juniors in the starting lineup. I thought that this will be a very good team when they get older. And page was a very senior heavy team and they were not impressive at all. Yes they won but IHS first pitcher was not throwing well at all and walked in somewhere around 6 runs. Then they pitched 2 freshmen after that and page only had three earned runs off them. So, i do not know why page is bragging the least bit. The IHS very young lineup hit the ball just as well as the page lineup just didint have the same pitching. And IHS having no senior class means that IHS might want to find a rival that will be able to hang with them next year. I also think that the overrated center fielder, Johnny Kuchar ran more balls down and also had a hard it ball up the middle. And i do not recall seeing #25 getting a hit that game. And with one more thing to add, Pages little run out to ur position thing with the music is the most rediculous thing i have ever seen. I mean come on its baseball not basketball.

Welcome to the baseball board, atlantabraves30. Interesting comments, but I'm not sure where you think the cocky comments are. My posts are based on facts of the games and I haven't seen much in the way of cockiness in posts by others. Page's pitchers did pretty good in my scorebook with Jeff Hughes starting well and Logan Adams coming in to get the win in relief with 7 K's. Page's #25 Matt Bowling had singles in the 1st and 5th innings and scored both times so if you are referring to him, he did get some hits. Independence did have no problems with their pitching which did help Page a lot. They walked 10 Patriot batters during the game. As for the Page run out to position during the introduction with music by AC/DC, that's something we've done every game since I've been announcing for 4 or 5 years now. It helps build spirit for both the players and fans and I'm sorry it doesn't fit in your conception of what a baseball game should be.

Well atlantabraves30, I do not recall page being to cocky. But what we do is something that is a tradition. Yea sure #25 did not get a hit, but hey it is kind of hard to hit the ball when the pitcher cant get it over the plate. I mean come on we are in high school aren't the pitchers supposed to be able to throw harder than 65. I mean that was absolutely pathetic. But the only credit i give is to Jimmy Mahan for doing a great job behind the plate, but otherwise everyone pretty much stunk it up so there ya go Braves man

I mean come on we are in high school aren't the pitchers supposed to be able to throw harder than 65.

ya im sure thats what i threw.. :thumb:

pitcher 1 - IP-2.33

Hits - 2 (2 singles) to matt b. and kevin e.

BB - 7

ER - 4

R - 7

pitcher 2 - IP-2.67

Hits - 7 (7 singles)

BB - 1

ER - 4

R - 5

^^Pageman Statsheet^^

Edited by Cubs05SC

Welcome to the baseball board, atlantabraves30. Interesting comments, but I'm not sure where you think the cocky comments are. My posts are based on facts of the games and I haven't seen much in the way of cockiness in posts by others. Page's pitchers did pretty good in my scorebook with Jeff Hughes starting well and Logan Adams coming in to get the win in relief with 7 K's. Page's #25 Matt Bowling had singles in the 1st and 5th innings and scored both times so if you are referring to him, he did get some hits. Independence did have no problems with their pitching which did help Page a lot. They walked 10 Patriot batters during the game. As for the Page run out to position during the introduction with music by AC/DC, that's something we've done every game since I've been announcing for 4 or 5 years now. It helps build spirit for both the players and fans and I'm sorry it doesn't fit in your conception of what a baseball game should be.

I going to take up for PageMan. He keeps a scorebook and reports what happens. That's it. Not cocky. Just the stats. I greatly respect what he does to support not only Page baseball but all sports at Page - and I am not a Page fan.

Come on man you walked 7 batters in 2 innings. According to the stats thats not too good. But on the other note PageMan knows what he is doing and he always does it right so im sticking up for him too. He knows exactly how to do it and i might say he does a heck of a job. Keep it up Page Man.