Wilson County Invitational March 16-18

timbdp

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt Juliet wins championship game over Gallatin 7-6 in 9 inn.

Great game by both teams. MJ was down 6-4 in the bottom of the 7th and came back to tie it and then later won it in the 9th. Both teams played extremely hard. This game had home runs, diving plays, big 2 out hits, big strike outs, it had it all. Hats off to MJ. Their players, coaches, and fans are some of the classiest in the state.

I was at the game tonight, and it was a GREAT GAME by both teams!.....JR Caleb Hill started the first couple of innings and performed greatly, did give up a few runs and a grand slam, but HAS IMPROVED and will be a great addition to this ball club. JV standout Travis Boyd pulled up for tournament play came in and did a great job of shutting down Gallatin the rest of the game by only allowing 1 run.....I can't wait to seee who has the ball when these two teams meet in District Play. :blink:

Who pitched for Gallatin? Who got the grand slam?

Ben Miller, Josh Moore,and Dontaye Hall pitched for Gallatin. Ben Foster hit the Grand Slam. The relief pitcher for MJ did do a nice job keeping his team in the game and eventually giving them the chance to win. He did it by throwing strikes and letting his defense help him. Hill, the MJ starter, did well too. He is going to be very good. It was just a great ball game. I mean there were mistakes and errors, but the great plays defensively, the atmosphere, the hitting- just made this one special.