AA Football in 2006

rcombs

I CAN'T wait to head down to Martin and watch my Lions get it on under the Friday night lights against Westview.

Its almost a new season and I'm already thinking of two good season opening games. Camden @ Westview to open the season and Huntingdon @ Camden for the home opener, and that's also Huntingdon's season opener.

I also wouldn't mind getting down to Hickman Co. to see what should be a dandy between two improving programs, as Waverly heads down there to open the season against the Bulldogs.

Anyone else know any good season openers this year?

Edited by rcombs

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you Rcombs...can't wait for the Friday nite lights it can't get here soon enough for me!...Go LIONS! Another good week one battle will be as always Lexington @ Riverside, even though both teams lost alot of talent, this one is always fun because they truly hate each other!

Yeah but Lexington lost the biggest and most talented senior class it has had since '79. I'm kind of dreading this season.

Guest catfish-hunter

2A Football Preview:

Alcoa has a new coach but their talent will put them back in Murfreesboro this December. Goodpasture in the midstate's best and I see them dominating the private school region this year. The "Cinderella Story" from last year's playoffs will be my pick to win the region this year and play Goodpasture in the quarterfinals. Who is that team???? Richland!!! Finally in the west it will be a new year with the same 'ole story when Milan and Huntingdon meet in the quarters for the right to host a semifinal matchup against Goodpasture. The winner of that game will play Alcoa in the 'Boro.

THAT'S PRETTY SIMPLE :lol:

Yeah but Lexington lost the biggest and most talented senior class it has had since '79. I'm kind of dreading this season.

Have faith...Camden lost probably the most talented, hardest working, leadership- driven class that Camden had seen in several years after the 2004 season. The Lions had to come back this season and replace an all-state quarterback, an all-state fullback/linebacker, the entire secondary and all the wide receivers not to mention an all-state kicking game. Considering that the Lions made it to the semi's for the first time ever this past season I think there's hope for the Tigers. As long as you have some talent and more importantly underclassmen that are willing to work hard combined with a dedicated coaching staff you can accomplish alot.

Have faith...Camden lost probably the most talented, hardest working, leadership- driven class that Camden had seen in several years after the 2004 season. The Lions had to come back this season and replace an all-state quarterback, an all-state fullback/linebacker, the entire secondary and all the wide receivers not to mention an all-state kicking game. Considering that the Lions made it to the semi's for the first time ever this past season I think there's hope for the Tigers. As long as you have some talent and more importantly underclassmen that are willing to work hard combined with a dedicated coaching staff you can accomplish alot.

True.

But you also had a kid by the name of Josh Boyd. He wanst just a kid with a little talent. He was the most underrated player in 3A.

True.

But you also had a kid by the name of Josh Boyd. He wanst just a kid with a little talent. He was the most underrated player in 3A.

In 2A you mean :lol: ....yes but he didn't do it alone...he had a great but young cast around him and they took care of business. They'll have to take care of business this coming season without him....but we in Camden aren't too worried because we know that the coaching staff are whipping the next set of younguns into shape as we speak. We may not make the semi's every year but the days of being the doormat are over in Camden. Is there no talent coming up in Lexington?

Edited by Lions4ever

In 2A you mean :lol: ....yes but he didn't do it alone...he had a great but young cast around him and they took care of business. They'll have to take care of business this coming season without him....but we in Camden aren't too worried because we know that the coaching staff are whipping the next set of younguns into shape as we speak. The days of being the doormat is over in Camden. Is there no talent coming up in Lexington?

Yes I mean AA. You guys brought up Lexington so AAA was on my mind.

But....Coach Lindsay said that this is the most talented group of 8th graders he's seen.

Pretty good since he had 5 sign to play college ball out of the 2002 8th grade class.

Edited by PrepFanatic

I CAN'T wait to head down to Martin and watch my Lions get it on under the Friday night lights against Westview.

Its almost a new season and I'm already thinking of two good season opening games. Camden @ Westview to open the season and Huntingdon @ Camden for the home opener, and that's also Huntingdon's season opener.

I also wouldn't mind getting down to Hickman Co. to see what should be a dandy between two improving programs, as Waverly heads down there to open the season against the Bulldogs.

Anyone else know any good season openers this year?

Smith County opens at home against Knox Catholic and Harrison Smith in week zero.

I'm looking forward to that one.