Bandwagon people on the board

tomcatfan

There are soooooooooo many bandwagon people on this board. As soon as Bolivar won the state championships everybody said they were unbeatable. No one would take Bolivar from the throne. They were supposed to three peat this year. Bolivar threads would go on and on for 10 pages. Not many people on here were even talking about Liberty earlier in the year. Most people outside of West TN had no idea as to who they were. Even though at the time the only team that had beat them was Bolivar. Now mysteriously after the state tournament people are on the Liberty bandwagon. People are not talking about Bolivar much. People are already saying that Liberty will repeat as champs again next year. No one even mentions much of the fact that Hamilton went 39-0 and won the state. People are not congratulating them, but are bashing their coach. Still saying the man cant coach, talking about he did not have any class. People seem to find a team that they like each year and just ride their jock to death. Dont get me wrong you are all entitled to your opinion just dont be a bandwagon fan. JUST WATCH HOW MANY LIBERTY POST WILL COME IN THE FUTURE. In closing, I would like to say congrats to Haywood and Coach Varnado and the guys. Excellent season fellas you have nothing to be ashamed of. 31-5 (Regular season champs, District Tournament champs, Regional champs, Substate winner. The losses this season were 3 to AA State Champ Liberty, 1 to A State Champ Union City, and 1 to two time AA State Champ Bolivar. I would say that makes for a pretty good team regardless of what people on this board will and wont acknowledge. I cant wait to see what next years team is able to accomplish.

Edited by tomcatfan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are soooooooooo many bandwagon people on this board. As soon as Bolivar won the state championships everybody said they were unbeatable. No one would take Bolivar from the throne. They were supposed to three peat this year. Bolivar threads would go on and on for 10 pages. Not many people on here were even talking about Liberty earlier in the year. Most people outside of West TN had no idea as to who they were. Even though at the time the only team that had beat them was Bolivar. Now mysteriously after the state tournament people are on the Liberty bandwagon. People are not talking about Bolivar much. People are already saying that Liberty will repeat as champs again next year. No one even mentions much of the fact that Hamilton went 39-0 and won the state. People are not congratulating them, but are bashing their coach. Still saying the man cant coach, talking about he did not have any class. People seem to find a team that they like each year and just ride their jock to death. Dont get me wrong you are all entitled to your opinion just dont be a bandwagon fan. JUST WATCH HOW MANY LIBERTY POST WILL COME IN THE FUTURE. In closing, I would like to say congrats to Haywood and Coach Varnado and the guys. Excellent season fellas you have nothing to be ashamed of. 31-5 (Regular season champs, District Tournament champs, Regional champs, Substate winner. The losses this season were 3 to AA State Champ Liberty, 1 to A State Champ Union City, and 1 to two time AA State Champ Bolivar. I would say that makes for a pretty good team regardless of what people on this board will and wont acknowledge. I cant wait to see what next years team is able to accomplish.

Haywood was a great team this year, they were a top 4 team in the state and nobody recognizes that because of the first round pairings. I know what you are talking about with the bandwagon thing. I was one of the only if not the only person at the first of this year to say that Liberty would be in the hunt for the title. Liberty is not a shoe in for the title next year because your boys from Haywood will have a lot to say about that one with everyone but Liggons and Varnardo back from this years team.

Haywood was a great team this year, they were a top 4 team in the state and nobody recognizes that because of the first round pairings. I know what you are talking about with the bandwagon thing. I was one of the only if not the only person at the first of this year to say that Liberty would be in the hunt for the title. Liberty is not a shoe in for the title next year because your boys from Haywood will have a lot to say about that one with everyone but Liggons and Varnardo back from this years team.

Baseballa,

Thanks for the compliment on the teamwe had this year and the one we have coming back next year. You were the one person I had in mind when I said what I said about being true to Liberty. You have said that since day one and I acknowledge that. Haywood played as tough an in state schedule as anyone this year. Congrats to Liberty and Coach Williams on winning the whole thing. It makes those losses we took to Liberty sting a lot less. I know there will be a lot of Liberty bandwagoning because people always want to roll with the champ.

Edited by tomcatfan

Baseballa,

Thanks for the compliment on the teamwe had this year and the one we have coming back next year. You were the one person I had in mind when I said what I said about being true to Liberty. You have said that since day one and I acknowledge that. Haywood played as tough an in state schedule as anyone this year. Congrats to Liberty and Coach Williams on winning the whole thing. It makes those losses we took to Liberty sting a lot less. I know there will be a lot of Liberty bandwagoning because people always want to roll with the champ.

I know there will be a lot of people saying that they have been down for Liberty since day one and just started yesterday. I will be happy to finally get some support for my boys at Liberty because they deserve it and our just now starting to get it. I hope Liberty can get the support that the teams like Bolivar and Haywood get.

I know there will be a lot of people saying that they have been down for Liberty since day one and just started yesterday. I will be happy to finally get some support for my boys at Liberty because they deserve it and our just now starting to get it. I hope Liberty can get the support that the teams like Bolivar and Haywood get.

Its easier for county schools to get support like that. First of all we have rich basketball tradition in Bolivar and Brownsville. Second of all we only have one school in these cities so everyone rallies behind them. In Jackson, you have Liberty, Northside, Southside, JCM, Trinity, USJ, Madison, JCS. Hope I didnt leave anyone out, but I think you get the picture. The loyalty is somewhat split because of the different schools. We, on the other hand, only have one school.

I BELIEVE WHAT TOMCATFAN IS SAYING. CAUSE LIBERTY DID'T HAVE MUCH SUPPORT LAST YEAR FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE, WHO NOW ACT LIKE THEY'VE BEEN ON THEIR SIDE ALL ALONG. I HAVE BEEN A SUPPOTER OF LIBERTY FOR TWO YEARS NOW AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY HAD THE POTENTIAL TO GO FAR.

I WASN'T SO SURE THEY WOULD BEAT MITCHELL OR THAT THEY WOULD GO TO STATE AT ALL. MY WISH FOR THEM THIS YEAR WAS THAT THEY WOULD SHUT UP SOME OF THESE BOLIVAR FANS WHO THOUGHT THEY(BCHS) WERE UNTOUCHABLE AND UNBEATABLE. BUT THIS IS A JACKSON 1ST ,BOYS TEAM TO BRING HOME A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....SO ITS GOING TO GIVE PEOPLE FROM JACKSON A REASON TO TALK TRASH...EVEN IF THEY WERE SUPPORTERS FROM JCM, MADISON,OR SOUTHSIDE..CAUSE THEY WERE THERE SUPPORTING LIBERTY IN THE FINALS.

I thought Bolivar Central was very beatable...but that was just me...however, to show how I was wrong in some ways, I also doubted Liberty until they put a hurting on my boys...

Yeah but that doesnt count. You actually thought McMinn was better than everybody else in the state too. Send that team that you had down this way and they wouldnt even make it out of some of these districts.

I BELIEVE WHAT TOMCATFAN IS SAYING. CAUSE LIBERTY DID'T HAVE MUCH SUPPORT LAST YEAR FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE, WHO NOW ACT LIKE THEY'VE BEEN ON THEIR SIDE ALL ALONG. I HAVE BEEN A SUPPOTER OF LIBERTY FOR TWO YEARS NOW AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY HAD THE POTENTIAL TO GO FAR.

I WASN'T SO SURE THEY WOULD BEAT MITCHELL OR THAT THEY WOULD GO TO STATE AT ALL. MY WISH FOR THEM THIS YEAR WAS THAT THEY WOULD SHUT UP SOME OF THESE BOLIVAR FANS WHO THOUGHT THEY(BCHS) WERE UNTOUCHABLE AND UNBEATABLE. BUT THIS IS A JACKSON 1ST ,BOYS TEAM TO BRING HOME A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....SO ITS GOING TO GIVE PEOPLE FROM JACKSON A REASON TO TALK TRASH...EVEN IF THEY WERE SUPPORTERS FROM JCM, MADISON,OR SOUTHSIDE..CAUSE THEY WERE THERE SUPPORTING LIBERTY IN THE FINALS.

We know for a fact there were not many Liberty supporters before now. Watch though they will be coming out of the woodwork. I was saying all along they would beat Mitchell. Dont get me wrong, Mitchell's team was very talented. But I never thought they could win the big one. I dont like to say anything about coaching, but when it comes to X's and O's, Im not so sure about their coach. That is not meant to be an insult. I just have seen questionable things he has done with the game on the line.

YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT REASON. JACKSON HAS HAD A FEW SUCCESSSFUL PROGRAMS... SOUTH SIDE 04 TEAM...NORTH SIDE 96....JCM HAD AN OK TEM IN 96. WHAT IM SAYING IF THERE IS A GOOD TEAM IN YOUR AREA ESPECIALLY IF THEY BROUGHT YOU CITY ITS FIRST STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SUPPORT THEM. IF I HEAR THAT MADISON GIRLS WERE GOOD...I DID, SO I WENT TO A GAME AND ROOTED FOR THEM I GOT ON THEIR THREAD AND SAID WHAT I THOUGH OF THEM..SUPPORTING AREA TEAMS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN HERE ANYWAY.SINCE WE HAVE BEEN DIVIDED AND MOVED AROUNDFROM THE SCHOOLS ARE PARENTS WHEN TO, THE TRADTION DOSEN'T FOLLOW AS IT DOES IN HAYWOOD OR BOLIVAR. LIBRERTY HAS TO HAVE SUPPORTERS WHO NEVER WENT THERE..AND WE KNOW WHY.

I never said in one post that I thought they were better then every team in the state...as a matter of fact, I said on several posts that they had yet to play a true west TN team and they day they played Liberty, I posted that we would all find out today if McMinn Central is truly worth that #1 Ranking, which I didn't think they were...

I never said in one post that I thought they were better then every team in the state...as a matter of fact, I said on several posts that they had yet to play a true west TN team and they day they played Liberty, I posted that we would all find out today if McMinn Central is truly worth that #1 Ranking, which I didn't think they were...

i'm over MCMINN CENTRAL. I DON'T CARE IF THEY WERE RANKED BEST IN THE WORLD...THEY STILL GOT DRUMMED :unsure: