Cocke County Hires Mt. Juliet's former Head Coach

flngrvy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy does not have the greatest record, but I guess the Cocks are desperate after the last few years.

True. It's not a great record.

But - he's been a coaching veteran at some pretty good programs.

14-27 at MJHS. A losing record, but he turned things around there. He had a 4-6 year, and a 5-6 year riddled with injuries in 2004. Apparently around 120+ games were missed by starters, including QB Levi Brown - who is at the Univ. Of Richmond playing QB.

I'm more interested with competing - than losing 65-0 to a AAA on your home field - and building a program right now.

I think the competiton that he'll face in Region 2-4A will be weaker than he saw in middle TN.

Also, if the Cocks were desperate - there were, by far, much more worse things that could've happened than hiring Crawford. I was worried at who would want the job from an experience standpoint, and I was thinking that they could really wind up with a young guy fresh out of college or someone who had never been a HC before.

Anytime you find someone with the resume of Crawford and HC experience, along with someone who's as organized and discipline/character oriented as he is - you take him - regardless of record (and especially given where the state of the program is currently).

In 2004 when they went 5-6, two of those games were won by a score of 1-0, so to say he turned the program around may be a bit of an over-statement. Every team is going to have injuries in football. If this guy had a qb that was good enough to play college ball, I would expect a little more wins. But only time will tell, and the only way to go is up for the Cocks.

In 2004 when they went 5-6, two of those games were won by a score of 1-0, so to say he turned the program around may be a bit of an over-statement. Every team is going to have injuries in football. If this guy had a qb that was good enough to play college ball, I would expect a little more wins. But only time will tell, and the only way to go is up for the Cocks.

Cocke County has the athlete's that are good enough to help us win. The problem is that a lot of them choose to only play baseball or basketball, or play nothing at all. I am excited that Coach Crawford is coming to Cocke County. We need a charismatic coach to convince the capable players to come out and play. Our numbers are horrible. My brother graduated in 2004. The football team had a little over 30 players (including freshmen), and he was one of 6 seniors on the team at the end of the season. SIX!! It's not uncommon for our competition to have 30 or 40 seniors. We just can't compete against those kind of numbers. If Coach Crawford can increase the size of our team as he did at Mt. Juliet (29 players in 2001 to 92 players in 2005), we will start winning again.

My guess is those scores were not reported here - therefore someone just put a 1-0 score to show Mt Juliet won the game.