• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

McCallie 37

BA 14

CC, I saw on McCallie's website that L-FO and Lovett were dropped for Treadwell and Columbia (SC) for the 2006 season. Do you know what happened; i.e., did L-FO and/or Lovett decide not to fulfill the second part of what is usually a home-and-home, or were these one game deals only in 2005? Just curious.

Edited by rollredroll

CC, I saw on McCallie's website that L-FO and Lovett were dropped for Treadwell and Columbia (SC) for the 2006 season. Do you know what happened; i.e., did L-FO and/or Lovett decide not to fulfill the second part of what is usually a home-and-home, or were these one game deals only in 2005? Just curious.

They were a one year deal, as Georgia contracts were re-done for the upcoming season.

RRR

I think Mr. P is correct--the contracts had run as I do not think they were home and home deals. The McCallie-LFO game was at Finley Stadium so I know it was not a home and home deal.

Sorry, CC,

I didn't mean to speak for you, or step on any toes. I didn't read the original question very carefully. My bad.

Thanks for the feedback, CC and Mr. P.

The Treadwell matchup is interesting. Treadwell had 10 regular season games last year, so presumably they dropped one of those 10 opponents from 2005. Perhaps it was Olive Branch (MS), who beat Treadwell by 58. I'm not sure if McCallie will beat Treadwell by 58, and even if Olive Branch was the team that was dropped, but I would assume McCallie would be a heavy favorite, and thus I'm curious, if indeed OB was dropped, why Treadwell would want to travel five hours over two time zones for this game when they could get a similar game (opponent-wise) closer to Memphis.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, CC and Mr. P.

The Treadwell matchup is interesting. Treadwell had 10 regular season games last year, so presumably they dropped one of those 10 opponents from 2005. Perhaps it was Olive Branch (MS), who beat Treadwell by 58. I'm not sure if McCallie will beat Treadwell by 58, and even if Olive Branch was the team that was dropped, but I would assume McCallie would be a heavy favorite, and thus I'm curious, if indeed OB was dropped, why Treadwell would want to travel five hours over two time zones for this game when they could get a similar game (opponent-wise) closer to Memphis.

No announcement has been made officially (that I know of), but McCallie has dropped Treadwell and replaced them with a game against Riverdale.