pitchers to watch

bLiNg bLiNg

Brittney Caldwell with AA Creek Wood Senior. I heard she struck our her 1,000th batter this weekend at the Border Battle. Her pitching helped carry 2AA Creek Wood into the Championship game against Riverdale late Saturday night. She didn't pitch in the Championship game against Riverdale. I would have like to see her against Kat, it would have been a good matchup. Creekwood put away a strong undefeated Loretto team, and pushed past AAA stronghouses Lincoln County and Warren County. If this team hits, they will be tought come 2A Tournament time. They go to Cookeville this week and would be worth watching.

Must be getting senile in my old age, but when did Warren County ever become a stronghouse?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Riverdale play Centennial this past weekend at the Border Battle. Centennial had to play some JV players in the infield due to players missing the tournament and the Warriors were very fortunate to win 2-1 getting only 2 singles off Cougar pitcher Morgan Thomas. The AAA state tournament will be wide open without a clear favorite.

Riverdale did not even pitch Cat until the last inning after which it was three up three down at the top of the order, with I think two K's. Centennial is a good team however I was shocked at the behavior during the last inning of the game on the behaf of the Centennial side. I blew it off as just behavior during the heat of the game but here this sore loser attitude is popping up again. I mean really how rude is it to come on this board and say" The Warriors were fortunate to win 2 to 1" , implying that is was a freak accident or something.

Darci and Cat both are good pitchers and the entire Riverdale team has worked hard to come this far. I think their 40 -2-1 record does favor them to get to and do well at the AAA state tournament. ( Of course anything can happen)

( Darci is 16 -0-1 and Cat has over 300 k's just this season , being 24 -2 , both have almost 0.00 ERA's . )

Must be getting senile in my old age, but when did Warren County ever become a stronghouse?

You know, I will give warren County this: They played their hearts out, and quite honestly that tournament they did some remarkable things against very good teams. Stronghouse or not , they earned my respect

Edited by swingaway

Riverdale did not even pitch Cat until the last inning after which it was three up three down at the top of the order, with I think two K's. Centennial is a good team however I was shocked at the behavior during the last inning of the game on the behaf of the Centennial side. I blew it off as just behavior during the heat of the game but here this sore loser attitude is popping up again. I mean really how rude is it to come on this board and say" The Warriors were fortunate to win 2 to 1" , implying that is was a freak accident or something.

Darci and Cat both are good pitchers and the entire Riverdale team has worked hard to come this far. I think their 40 -2-1 record does favor them to get to and do well at the AAA state tournament. ( Of course anything can happen)

( Darci is 16 -0-1 and Cat has over 300 k's just this season , being 24 -2 , both have almost 0.00 ERA's . )

I agree. Nobody out there out works the Warriors. Nobody out there works more for improving the game in our state than Jeff and Dennis. Hope they are one of the teams left standing in the end.

I saw Riverdale play Centennial this past weekend at the Border Battle. Centennial had to play some JV players in the infield due to players missing the tournament and the Warriors were very fortunate to win 2-1 getting only 2 singles off Cougar pitcher Morgan Thomas. The AAA state tournament will be wide open without a clear favorite.

I've seen Centennial and Riverdale several times this year, and there really isnt any comparison of the two teams. Riverdale with Cat pitching is one of the top 2 teams in the state. Centennial on the other hand, has a very hard time scoring runs, as evidenced by only beating Overton 1-0. Unless Centennial finds better ways to score runs, it may not make it out of their tough district.

Leah Hensley Junior RHP Camden Central....12-1, ERA >1.0 ....61mph top speed with a nasty curve and finally has her change working for her. Has one of the most deceptive deliveries I've seen...looks effortless and almost slow with alot of time for the batter to see the ball but hitters have alot of trouble coming around on it. The only time I've seen a solid left field hit (HR) this season was when it was cold and she left a rise ball hanging. Can't wait to see her senior year :ph34r:

Leah Hensley Junior RHP Camden Central....12-1, ERA >1.0 ....61mph top speed with a nasty curve and finally has her change working for her. Has one of the most deceptive deliveries I've seen...looks effortless and almost slow with alot of time for the batter to see the ball but hitters have alot of trouble coming around on it. The only time I've seen a solid left field hit (HR) this season was when it was cold and she left a rise ball hanging. Can't wait to see her senior year :ph34r:

If she is that good you should get your coach to get you some games with some of the teams in the top 10 or 15 or even 20 in the state. That way she can develop her game even fuller. Ther are several really good teams like Hendersonville, Goodpasture, Brentwood, Lincoln County, Riverdale, Mt. juliet, Beech, Knox Central, Cumberland county, Soddy, Millington ,ect....... that are great to play to get better. I did see you played Siegel , they are good so you know what I am talking about.

I've seen Centennial and Riverdale several times this year, and there really isnt any comparison of the two teams. Riverdale with Cat pitching is one of the top 2 teams in the state. Centennial on the other hand, has a very hard time scoring runs, as evidenced by only beating Overton 1-0. Unless Centennial finds better ways to score runs, it may not make it out of their tough district.

If you saw the game, you would have noticed one very important similarity between the 2 teams. Centennial couldn't hit the Riverdale pitchers and Riverdale couldn't hit the Centennial pitcher. There were a lot of strikeouts on both sides. Centennial had 3 singles for the game and Riverdale had 2 singles. On a given day, Centennial and several other teams have a chance to beat Riverdale. Riverdale is a good hitting team but obviously can be shut down. People have been saying the same thing about Riverdale for the past 2 years, but once again they are not a lock to get to the state tournament.

"Fortunate". Nothing rude about the comment. Centennial scored an "Earned" run against Riverdale and Riverdale scored 2 "Unearned" runs against Centennial. Obviously, that makes the Warriors somewhat fortunate to win the game. Riverdale has very good pitching but their defense and hitting aren't strong enough to guarantee them a trip to the state tournament. As far as bad behavior goes, there was plenty of it to go around at that tournament and Riverdale certainly wasn't exempt.

If she is that good you should get your coach to get you some games with some of the teams in the top 10 or 15 or even 20 in the state. That way she can develop her game even fuller. Ther are several really good teams like Hendersonville, Goodpasture, Brentwood, Lincoln County, Riverdale, Mt. juliet, Beech, Knox Central, Cumberland county, Soddy, Millington ,ect....... that are great to play to get better. I did see you played Siegel , they are good so you know what I am talking about.

We played in the MTSCA tourney Gold division so our coach isn't shy about putting the Lady Lions against the best....I'm not sure if you are aware of where Camden is located and what a screwed up district/region we are in. Alot of travel already....our closest district game is 50 miles away and the farthest is over 120 miles so you can see where trying to find worthy opponents without straining an already skimpy softball budget is a challenge. As far as the Siegel game we pitched a freshmen instead of Leah...the outcome may have been different I think. The Lady Lions also should have won the Bellevue Classic but Coach once again pitches a freshmen in the finals against district foe Chester co....pretty smart guy :thumb: Our coach isn't interested in winning these tourneys...its all for practice. We are a very young team and he's working to get them deep in the state tourney this year and I look for Leah to lead them to the finals next year.

If you saw the game, you would have noticed one very important similarity between the 2 teams. Centennial couldn't hit the Riverdale pitchers and Riverdale couldn't hit the Centennial pitcher. There were a lot of strikeouts on both sides. Centennial had 3 singles for the game and Riverdale had 2 singles. On a given day, Centennial and several other teams have a chance to beat Riverdale. Riverdale is a good hitting team but obviously can be shut down. People have been saying the same thing about Riverdale for the past 2 years, but once again they are not a lock to get to the state tournament.

I think the odds of Riverdale getting to the state tourney are alot better than Centennial's. Centennial has a very good team, loaded with senior leadership, but until they find a way to score, I'm not counting them in right now. They are having a hard time scoring on very average teams.