imac

stixrf11

east better be respected look at last years district tournament.

Neglecting to respect East this year may be the downfall of more than a few teams. They are as talented as last year only this time they have a much better coach. I predict Jeff loses unless Story pitches.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neglecting to respect East this year may be the downfall of more than a few teams. They are as talented as last year only this time they have a much better coach. I predict Jeff loses unless Story pitches.

Coach Rines is a quality person and from all reports an excellent coach. From what I have been told he has some very good assistants including former head coach Adrian Wills. It is good to see the quality competition they are facing which will only help when it comes tournament time.

I have no idea who is a better coach, but my hat is off to Carliss Altizer who took the job under difficult circumstances last year when coach Rines was in Iraq. It takes quite a while just to learn the names of all your players much less their abilities on such short notice. From what I have been told he did this without any pay, his only request being that students in his Advanced Placement History class not be charged the 60 or so dollars it costs per student to take the AP test for college entrance. Like him or not that is a lot of hours to put in to benefit the kids.

Well Put. I agree with you about having to walk the walk and quit trying to talk the talk. I think they would play better baseball if they turned their computers off and quit reading coach T. I disagree with you about going as far as Story takes them. He can't pitch every game. They have some other pitching that is good enough to win some games, but they have to provide some run support for them. Maybe taking some BP would be better than posting on coach T.

When you give up 35 runs in 3 of the 5 losses, I think pitching and defense are more of an issue than offense. Taylor and Belcher have the ability to win any game they pitch as long as they get support on the defensive side. The defense has to make routine plays(dropped fly balls and simple throw and catch) for any of them to have success.

When you give up 35 runs in 3 of the 5 losses, I think pitching and defense are more of an issue than offense. Taylor and Belcher have the ability to win any game they pitch as long as they get support on the defensive side. The defense has to make routine plays(dropped fly balls and simple throw and catch) for any of them to have success.

Agreed.Jeff knows the magnitude of the game and is not naive enough to expect east to hand them control of the conference. East has loads of talent and has earned the respect of the knoxville area this year, as well as the imac. I believe Jeff wants to pitch story in one of the games against west on tuesday to solidify the series win, not because they are overlooking east. Taylor, Jeff's number 2, will be on the hill against East, and he's no sloppy second. Thus far, he's achieved a sub-1 earned run average. Jeff, especially after three straight losses, is not overlooking a very talented and competitive East team.

Jefferson County is not overlooking East at all i dont think. they understand how good of a team east is and that they will come out hard against the pats. taylor should do fine on the mound tonight. if he really does have a sub-one ERA then that should say something. granted i dont know who he as pitched against to earn that. we'll see how does against a good east team tonight. i think jeff will save story for west in order to improve their chances of winning the series between them. a good strategy if you ask me.

i think jeff played so poorly in this past tournament is b/c they had no focus and no faith in their pitching b/c they pitched a lot of players with literally no pitching experience. basically they lost confidence in winning and it showed. hope they pick it up the next two days for three tough conference games.

east won against jeff tonight in a game that was won in the bottom of the seventh... congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game... special congratulations to sophomore BRADLEY WILSON who drove in the winning run...

ben taylor pitched a good game also

good baseball game tonight. east did a good job of turning jeff. co. mistakes into runs and that's how baseball games are won. capitalizing on mistakes and not making them yourself. jeff has a dh at west tom. and will pitch story and belcher. two VERY important games and a great way to snap a slump.

• 2 weeks later...