11u Sub-State & State Predictions

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions for 11u Sub-States and State.......I'm dying to hear from you 'ptguard12'

I have not heard a lot about the 11u teams from the west. I know FCA will be strong. They have already won a Nationals bid by winning the Knoxville SRT and with them returning most of their players from last year's State Championship team, I know they will be tough. I wonder who else is there in the West?

I am excited to see the Storm and the Xtreme play in the East Sub-State. This will be a great match up if it shakes out that way.

East

1. Tennessee Xtreme - The 10U State Runner-Ups should come out as the #1 seed from this very tough Sub-State bracket.

2. Tennessee Storm - Though they have already secured a bid to Nationals, I have a feeling these girls will want a trip to State as well.

This is possibly the toughest Sub-State with other high quality teams such as the Tennessee Raiders and Tennessee Lady Trotters, who will both look to take away that #2 seed from Tennessee Storm.

South Middle

1. Tennessee Express - This very strong group of fundamentally sound young ladies should have little to no trouble getting back to the State Tournament as the #1 seed out of the South.

2. Tennessee Stars/Tennessee Top Guns - One of these two should fill out the #2 seed from the South unless I am overlooking somebody.

West

1. FCA Lady Ealges - The defending 10U State Champions will look to keep their title starting with this weekend's West Sub-State.

2. Memphis Elite Lady Tigers - The core of this group comes form the West Tennessee Lady Tigers team who made it to state last year. Look for them to get back there again, though the other Memphis Lady Elite team could give them a decent game.

North Middle

1. Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride will look to improve on their performance at the State Tournament last year by securing the #1 seed from the North.

2. ? - I am unsure as to who will be the #2 seed. I would need to see a bracket to give my best prediction on this spot.

Edited by ptguard12

East

1. Tennessee Xtreme - The 10U State Runner-Ups should come out as the #1 seed from this very tough Sub-State bracket.

2. Tennessee Storm - Though they have already secured a bid to Nationals, I have a feeling these girls will want a trip to State as well.

This is possibly the toughest Sub-State with other high quality teams such as the Tennessee Raiders and Tennessee Lady Trotters, who will both look to take away that #2 seed from Tennessee Storm.

South Middle

1. Tennessee Express - This very strong group of fundamentally sound young ladies should have little to no trouble getting back to the State Tournament as the #1 seed out of the South.

2. Tennessee Stars/Tennessee Top Guns - One of these two should fill out the #2 seed from the South unless I am overlooking somebody.

West

1. FCA Lady Ealges - The defending 10U State Champions will look to keep their title starting with this weekend's West Sub-State.

2. Memphis Elite Lady Tigers - The core of this group comes form the West Tennessee Lady Tigers team who made it to state last year. Look for them to get back there again, though the other Memphis Lady Elite team could give them a decent game.

North Middle

1. Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride will look to improve on their performance at the State Tournament last year by securing yet another #1 seed from the North.

2. ? - I am unsure as to who will be the #2 seed. I would need to see a bracket to give my best prediction on this spot.

What do you know about the TN Top Guns and TN Stars. Isn't there some connection with these two teams?

East

South Middle

West

North Middle

1. Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride will look to improve on their performance at the State Tournament last year by securing yet another #1 seed from the North.

North Middle:

Team Pride was the #2 seed from last years North sub-state.

Cookeville Ladies were the #1 seed.

Edited by rebounder

East

South Middle

West

North Middle

1. Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride will look to improve on their performance at the State Tournament last year by securing the #1 seed from the North.

North Prediction

1. CDF

2. Cookeville Ladies

3. Team Pride

Analysis:

CDF--Big, very physical, quick and athletic with something most 11U teams do not have -- great post play (as in lob it to the big girl, let her go get it and do something with it).

Cookeville Ladies--I have not seen them play so assuming they have kept their group together from last year.

Team Pride--solid team; guard oriented with some tall girls not being utilized that much except on offensive putbacks; very athletic wing player that can score.

Analysis:

CDF--Big, very physical, quick and athletic with something most 11U teams do not have -- great post play (as in lob it to the big girl, let her go get it and do something with it).

Cookeville Ladies--I have not seen them play so assuming they have kept their group together from last year.

Team Pride--solid team; guard oriented with some tall girls not being utilized that much except on offensive putbacks; very athletic wing player that can score.

What do you know about the TN Stars and TN Top Guns in the South Central?

In the South, the TN Express is a no-brainer pick for #1. They are so far ahead of the field in terms of skilled post play, they are fundamentally sound and very disciplined. It appeared when I watched them that only the point guard had the green light to shoot from the outside. Their strategy clearly seems to be to work the probabilities: Ram it inside 80% of the time and then let the point shoot a three occasionally (which she can hit).

The number 2 seed in the South is up for grabs. The Stars lost all their games in pool play in Shelbyville but they lost all three games by a combined total of 7 points. They are a guard oriented team that shoots well.

I only remember the Top Guns from last year as 10U. They were good but they had to battle to gain the #2.

I believe there are 4 teams in the South equally capable of taking the #2 spot (Stars, Top Guns, Lady Falcons and TN Pearls).