Kingston vs. Rockwood

marco

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwoods #1 pitcher had just thrown . Their #2 wasn't at the game because he was sick. Their #3 had thrown a bunch of pitches on Sat. so Kingston faced their #4 & #5 pitchers. Josh King had a monster but I think it bounced once before it got to gateway.

Any time you have 2 rival teams playing each other and one beats the other 11-2, your going to get the winning team feeling like they've won a big game, and the losing team finding excuses to throw in the mix. First, Kingston played one of their better games this season, defensively and offensively. Feel good about that and carry it over into your upcoming district games. Secondly, Rockwood didn't throw their top pitchers at Kingston because it was probably a smart thing to do since this game was sandwiched between 2 district games. Do I feel like Kingston saw Rockwoods best, no. On the other hand, there has been many games that Kingston has lost a game that they didn't play to their best ability and could probably say they could have won "IF". No matter who was pitching for who, Kingston won the game, and I'm sure both coaches went into the game determined to win.

I told someone (a Rockwood faithful) last night that I wouldn't be surprised to see Rockwood in the hunt come the middle of May. That's just their history. Although I was glad to see Kingston win, I doubt Rockwood would have saw Kyle if we had a district game Tuesday or today. Honestly, I don't know that it would have mattered the way Kingston was hitting the ball and playing defense. I think it was just their night.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. Remember, district games will get you in to the post season, non-district county rivalries won't.