SHEFFIELD?

lilbit_trojan

So i play for Dyersburg, and i've heard a lot about how Sheffield is one of the best teams in West TN (in AA)... So what about them is so great?? I haven't heard about a single game they've played all year. Except for a mediocre showing in the jamboree, why does everyone put them at the top in the West? We are matched up to play them later this year in the Best of the West and i was wondering what to expect. I know they are all african, but besides that, whats up with Sheffield.. Any comments are helpful and thank you :lol:

They are not all African, they have several hispanic players as well. They always have a lot of highly skilled players that are very creative with the ball. They have been to the semifinals of the state tournament 2 years in a row. No other team from West TN, that is currently in AA, has ever made it to the semifinals. That is probably the big reason. Last year they only lost to CAK by one goal. It was a very close game as well. An offside call that was very close, and another goal was called back when a player bumped the keeper.

Ive heard about their past success... but what about this year??? i mean, whats their record and who have they played... no one knows but they still are considered a top team...

they are 2-1-1 the last time I checked...they tied Bartlett 1-1, and then lost to Kingsbury 4-0. I have heard that Bartlett are down this year, I could be wrong, but their record doesnt look to good. Kingsbury is a decent team, but they have never beat Sheffield like this before, I don't even think they have ever beat Sheffield at all. The two wins are on teams I dont know of, one was 5-0, and the other was 9-3. My point is, Sheffield doesn't look at all like the squad from the last two years. They graduated 7 of those starters that took them to the Semis. The jamboree showed them unorganized and out-of-control, but you could see a lot of individual talent. I dont think that they make it out of region, I think that Madison and Haywood go to Sub-State.

Edited by manU721

Hey guys well the truth is Sheffield purely stinks this year they beat sorry teams like Overton 9-3 and another no name team we were supposed to play them Friday they were very lucky it got cancelled.I play for Millington we are 4-1 and we beat Kingbury 3-1 they lost 4-0 i have heard they have one really good player #9 from Costa Rica but we would have beat them Friday we are #7 in the State in AAA but i dont think they are very good.As for Bartlett they stink very badly this year also Cordova we play Wooddale tommorrow Go Millington.

Hey guys well the truth is Sheffield purely stinks this year they beat sorry teams like Overton 9-3 and another no name team we were supposed to play them Friday they were very lucky it got cancelled.I play for Millington we are 4-1 and we beat Kingbury 3-1 they lost 4-0 i have heard they have one really good player #9 from Costa Rica but we would have beat them Friday we are #7 in the State in AAA but i dont think they are very good.As for Bartlett they stink very badly this year also Cordova we play Wooddale tommorrow Go Millington.

What rankings are you looking at to determine you guys are #7, Millington?