Sub-States

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results have been posted for the 11U West, East and South. Does anyone have any word on the North?

The winners out of the North Middle Sub-State are as follows

10U - Tennessee Team Pride

11U - Charles Davis Foundation - Fever

12U - Clarksville Lady Shox

13U - Tennessee Team Pride

The 2nd place teams in these divisions have yet to be determined, with the exception of the 10U, but I can't remember who that was (there were only 2 teams in the 10U division). In the 14U division, the Tennessee Team Pride and the Tennessee Lady Tigers are in the Championship Game. The loser of that game will most certainly get 2nd place, because the remaining two teams in the loser's bracket won't come even remotely close to beating either of these two strong teams.

Lots of close scores in all the age groups keeps it fun! On behalf of the teams in the Memphis area, we'd like to invite all TN teams (that did not qualify for state and those that did) to come to the Memphis AAU Super Regional the weekend of April 28th. Memphis tournaments have become a draw for National level competition over the past two years and a lot more TN teams need to come and check it out. Memphis teams travel regularly to participate in Middle and East TN tourneys and we'd like to host more teams from those regions as they come to our Super Regional. At least the 11U, 12U and the 14U age groups (maybe more) have Memphis teams participating that have already won a Super Regional bid to nationals which "could" translate into an extra national bid for those teams that come without having to actually win their championship game. Come qualify!!!

The same is true for the 13u division as the West Tn Wings/Flight have already qualified. We are drawing teams from LA, MS, AL, TN, AR and GA. This will be a first class event, and Mr AAU, Eddie Clinton, will be on hand as our AAU representative. More information is available at memphisladyelite.org under tournaments

The Game for the 13u North Middle Championship

Tn Team Pride vs.Cookeville Lady Crushers

Tn Team Pride won the Championship for 1st place against the 3 Year in a row Sub State Champions Cookeville Lady Crushers (Defending Champs of 2003-2004 and 2005) Tn Team Pride put up a good competition with the Crushers.

Crushers led at the 1st half being up by 3 points. The Crushers had an awesome 1st half.30 and 11 being the top scorers. The 2nd Half was really close between both teams scoring back to back.It was a very intense game. Although the Tn Team Pride coming back in the 2nd half getting up and down the floor very well..and the crushers also. Pride started leading with 1:20 left in the 2nd half and ended up winning by 8 points. (61-53)

(The Crushers should have had that game but Team Pride came out playin hard the 2nd half) It was a very good game.And alot of great athletes.

Crushers will play for 2nd place agaist the winner of The Lady Dragons vs Tennesse Tigers)