Clinton beats Halls 3-1

MADDOG00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody give me some details. How did this happen???

Halls should have won a state title or two in the last 10 years, but as long as their Head Coach stays they will probably never get over that hump. Losing to Clinton and Powell this year says it all. Both have young inexperienced teams but Casey and Tim are heads and tails above Doug when it comes to game management.This lost should not have happened, but I'm glad it did.

Halls should have won a state title or two in the last 10 years, but as long as their Head Coach stays they will probably never get over that hump. Losing to Clinton and Powell this year says it all. Both have young inexperienced teams but Casey and Tim are heads and tails above Doug when it comes to game management.This lost should not have happened, but I'm glad it did.

Those are some pretty harsh words when talking about a team that has been to the state tourney the last few years. Though this "lost" should not have happened, strange things happen in the game of baseball. Talent does not always overcome will, desire, and intensity. At the same time, it is very important to remember that all the wins and losses of the regular season are erased in the district tournament.

Congratulations to Clinton, and their first baseman who posts on here quite frequently.

Not the coaches fault. Players playing their best usually wins games. Don't start bashing the coaches.

No way is it Doug Polston fault. Good post reddevil1. The players that played the game win or lose are responsible. Halls is a very good team. But even the good teams can be beat. Witness other noteworthy teams in the area no team at this point has played every game to perfection and have had a unbleamished record.

Its just to easy to play the blame game. Lets try to give credit were credit is due Bubba Owens pitched a great game short & simple and congratulations to the Dragons. No team with only three hits deserves to win. Owens allowed only three hits over seven innings. How is that Coach Polston's fault?

Edited by ZCAR

MGuymon8, Are you from Oak Ridge?

Yea...who is this?

I dont know what happened. That pitcher was giving us pitches to hit and for some odd reason we didnt and nothing fell. Very disappointing, but Kudos Clinton

well thats not very often that you all dont hit it. Who did yall pitch?