10u RANKINGS

have the coachs put the best player on the strongest team and go from there. if the glory is the stronger of the two teams then put this players there. being larger doesn't increase depth, quantity or quality

Evidently, the glory parents went to the glory organization for their reason and the same with the Elite parents. I doubt, if either one would combine at this point. Maybe, next season parents can make their choices, but most people become part of these organizations (Clubs), for certain reasons. Remember, they are competitors on the court and maybe friends off the court. Like eliteball said, Each team realizes at the end of every season what their weakness and strengths are and hopefully they can pick up new kids to balance those things.

Congrats to all the Teams!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently, the glory parents went to the glory organization for their reason and the same with the Elite parents. I doubt, if either one would combine at this point. Maybe, next season parents can make their choices, but most people become part of these organizations (Clubs), for certain reasons. Remember, they are competitors on the court and maybe friends off the court. Like eliteball said, Each team realizes at the end of every season what their weakness and strengths are and hopefully they can pick up new kids to balance those things.

np, best to all

to complicated, more difficult than should be. best kept simple. the previous post said the glory was the stronger team. why doesnt it work around there, read websters, size and quantity don't make up for quality. i saw teams with 15 girls get totally blown away by a team with 8 and 9 girls

You said "being larger doesn't increase depth, quantity or quality." I merely pointed out being larger is sometimes demonstrated by depth and quantity. I made no reference to it determining quality, and I doubt I will find anything about that in Webster's. A post on this board does not determine who is better, and whether you or other posters agree, there is no basis to declare the Glory the better team. Opinions are great, and I have mine as well, and what I see are 2 good teams who have demonstrated on any given day one can beat the other. I saw the substate game these 2 teams played but did not get to see when they played in the super-regional, but both games were close throughout and down to the wire. All I know is the Elite finished 3rd in the state, and the Glory did not advance to bracket play. As to why teams don't part with their best players or join together, that is a whole other thread to start. Mostly they are comfortable with their teams, teammates, and organizations. It is a noble goal and in some instances it works out that way, but my experience has been it's a great idea when someone else's players are leaving a team to come to yours (not being specific here) but if someone on your team leaves to go to someone else's team it's wrong. If it happens and it is good for everyone, that's great, but we have to remember that each child and/or parents make their own decisions, and they should do what they feel is right for them.

You said it better than I, nice job and dead on.....

have the coachs put the best player on the strongest team and go from there. if the glory is the stronger of the two teams then put this players there. being larger doesn't increase depth, quantity or quality

You don't seem to understand that coaches don't "put girls on teams", parents decide for what team and which organization their daughter will play. All any coach can do is step up his/her recruitment efforts and then 1. accept a player who tries out , or 2. not accept a player who tries out.

The best teams in 10u in the State are:

1. Pride

2. Glory

3. Ladies

4. Elite

5. Xtreme

6. Stars

I watched all of them in state. Everyone knows that this is the order. The Pride is by far the best and the Glory and Ladies are a distant second. The Glory has the whole package. They have guards and post. The Ladies are one dimensional as are the Elite. The Xtreme is too small.

The best teams in 10u in the State are:

1. Pride

2. Glory

3. Ladies

4. Elite

5. Xtreme

6. Stars

I watched all of them in state. Everyone knows that this is the order. The Pride is by far the best and the Glory and Ladies are a distant second. The Glory has the whole package. They have guards and post. The Ladies are one dimensional as are the Elite. The Xtreme is too small.

GREAT THAT YOU WATCHED THEM ALL AT STATE, THEN YOU REALIZE THE GLORY DID NOT MAKE IT OUT. WHETHER IT BE BY NUMBERS OR FATE, THE LADIES WERE 2ND, THE MEMPHIS ELITE 3RD AND THOSE LITTLE XTREME WERE 4TH.

IF YOU WERE AT STATE YOU HAD TO NOTICE THAT THE XTREME ONLY 7 PLAYERS THAT COULD PLAY DUE TO ILLNESS . THE TN LADIES BEAT THE PRIDE TEAM. :thumb: I SUGGEST WE TAKE THE TOP FOUR IN STATE AND HAVE THEM PLAY AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE LET THE BEST GIRL WIN AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. NOW, THAT WOULD EXCLUDE THE MEMPHIS GLORY BECAUSE ON PAPER THEY DID NOT MAKE IT. :P GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

GREAT THAT YOU WATCHED THEM ALL AT STATE, THEN YOU REALIZE THE GLORY DID NOT MAKE IT OUT. WHETHER IT BE BY NUMBERS OR FATE, THE LADIES WERE 2ND, THE MEMPHIS ELITE 3RD AND THOSE LITTLE XTREME WERE 4TH.

IF YOU WERE AT STATE YOU HAD TO NOTICE THAT THE XTREME ONLY 7 PLAYERS THAT COULD PLAY DUE TO ILLNESS . THE TN LADIES BEAT THE PRIDE TEAM. :) I SUGGEST WE TAKE THE TOP FOUR IN STATE AND HAVE THEM PLAY AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE LET THE BEST GIRL WIN AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. NOW, THAT WOULD EXCLUDE THE MEMPHIS GLORY BECAUSE ON PAPER THEY DID NOT MAKE IT. :D GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

The Glory also beat the TN Ladies. Where do believe the Xtreme would have finished if they would have had there full team healthy. I would love to see a play day with all of the teams in the top four plus the Glory. I still believe Team Pride is #1 by far, and then Glory, Ladies, Elite and Xtreme. At the State TP was not completly healthy. This is a great 10u group who will complete agianst each other for years to come. Good luck to all the teams :)

The Glory beat the Ladies. The Ladies beat the Xtreme. The Glory beat the Elite. The Pride beat the Glory. Is there something that I am missing?

1. Pride

2. Glory

3. Ladies

4. Elite

Please help if I have left something off.

The Pride is the best team. Without question.