Coach Rick Rice

Stinger65

I hear that Coach Rice turned in his resignation at Perry County recently. Where is he going? Has anyone heard? I wonder if he is going back to Wayne County. His boys will be at the high school level soon. Did this have anything to do with his resigning at PC? I hope he stays in 6A ball, he is a good coach and fun to watch on the sidelines.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it rather obvious?

I hear that Coach Rice turned in his resignation at Perry County recently. Where is he going? Has anyone heard? I wonder if he is going back to Wayne County. His boys will be at the high school level soon. Did this have anything to do with his resigning at PC? I hope he stays in 6A ball, he is a good coach and fun to watch on the sidelines.

I am hearing from a friend of mine in Waynesboro that they have already got a teaching position for Coach Rice and it is pretty much a done deal, and that he is already living in Waynesboro, Is this true? Let's hear from the PC and W'boro people. Are the people of Waynesboro excited about getting Coach Rice back? How do the people of PC feel about him leaving?

I am hearing from a friend of mine in Waynesboro that they have already got a teaching position for Coach Rice and it is pretty much a done deal, and that he is already living in Waynesboro, Is this true? Let's hear from the PC and W'boro people. Are the people of Waynesboro excited about getting Coach Rice back? How do the people of PC feel about him leaving?

I am very happy to see Rick back in Waynesboro. The trouble was finding him a teaching position but I guess that have made him one. I played under Rick in high school and he is an excellent coach. coach Crews and Pierce will be greatly missed but Rick is the perfect replcement and we are very excited to have him back home. Look out 6-1A , Waynesboro is back again.

I am a coach at Perry County and I would like to clear a few things up here. Rick has not turned in a written resignation here at Perry County. He may have told them verbaly that he would not be back, but nothing formal has been turned in. I talked to him a while back about it, and he said that he wasn't sure what he was going to do. I am sure that he has probably made up his mind by now, but he has not told me. As far as Bronson being head coach next year, that has not been determined. The Director of Schools (Gil Webb) has not said who the head coach will be if Rick does leave. I agree, Bronson is a good coach, but no one knows right now who the head coach at PCHS will be next year. Where ever Rick is next year, be it Perry County or Waynesboro, I wish him well. And by the way Stinger65, you are right, he is fun to watch on the sidelines.

Edited by blaster

• 1 month later...

Well I guess rumors were true, I saw that Coach Rice Was at the field house for workouts in Waynesboro this week. Who is going to be the head coach at PC? I heard they were interviewing for the spot. Have they hired anyone yet? Will they promote from within and hire the Bradley guy? He doesnt have much experiance. Tell me PC people, who is your next head coach?

• 2 months later...

Well I guess rumors were true, I saw that Coach Rice Was at the field house for workouts in Waynesboro this week. Who is going to be the head coach at PC? I heard they were interviewing for the spot. Have they hired anyone yet? Will they promote from within and hire the Bradley guy? He doesnt have much experiance. Tell me PC people, who is your next head coach?

ya coach bradley is our new head coach n he doesnt have much expiernce so thats gunna b great when we beat yu this year so we can say ya who dont got the expiernced coach