MBA 2 - Blackman 1

ETSU_BucSoccerFan

Very even game. Score should have been 1-1. Alexander Darsinos was in an offsides position on a deflection off the defender. One on one with the goalie, scored in the 10th minute. Even the referee came over to the Blackman Coach and told coach he was in an offside position, but the deflection was off the defender. I couldn't believe the referee was stupid enough to come over and tell that to him in front of everyone. The goal should not have counted, but that's the way it goes in soccer sometimes.

Matt Reed scored in the 35th minute, right before half.

Alexander Darsinos scored in the 75th minute off a corner, 5 minutes left in the game to go.

Directly from FIFA website: If a pass deflects off a defender and ricochets to a teammate in an offside position, it is still offside; the ball still came from a teammate. That is true even if the deflection completely changed the path of the ball. Only if the defender gains possession or control of the ball in mid-flight is there no offside.

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very even game. Score should have been 1-1. Alexander Darsinos was in an offsides position on a deflection off the defender. One on one with the goalie, scored in the 10th minute. Even the referee came over to the Blackman Coach and told coach he was in an offside position, but the deflection was off the defender. I couldn't believe the referee was stupid enough to come over and tell that to him in front of everyone. The goal should not have counted.

Alexander Darsinos scored in the 75th minute off a corner, 5 minutes left in the game to go.

Directly from FIFA website: If a pass deflects off a defender and ricochets to a teammate in an offside position, it is still offside; the ball still came from a teammate. That is true even if the deflection completely changed the path of the ball. Only if the defender gains possession or control of the ball in mid-flight is there no offside.

well said. the ref knew he made a mistake but did not want to change his original call. It was a very even game. and should have ended 1-1

Very even game. Score should have been 1-1. Alexander Darsinos was in an offsides position on a deflection off the defender. One on one with the goalie, scored in the 10th minute. Even the referee came over to the Blackman Coach and told coach he was in an offside position, but the deflection was off the defender. I couldn't believe the referee was stupid enough to come over and tell that to him in front of everyone. The goal should not have counted, but that's the way it goes in soccer sometimes.

uh i really dont think i was offsides, one of the outside defenders was struggling to get forward, plus it is hard to tell cause the ball took like 2 deflections so the defense pushed up after the ball was shot, neways i thought it was a really bad performance atleast from mba maybe even blackman too, both teams did not play to their full potentintial

uh i really dont think i was offsides, one of the outside defenders was struggling to get forward, plus it is hard to tell cause the ball took like 2 deflections so the defense pushed up after the ball was shot, neways i thought it was a really bad performance atleast from mba maybe even blackman too, both teams did not play to their full potentintial

The referee did come over and told the Blackman Coach that the person was offisides, is reasoning for not calling offsides was and these are is exact words, "the player was offisides, but the ball defected off blue". I promise, I am not making it up.

The referee did come over and told the Blackman Coach that the person was offisides, is reasoning for not calling offsides was and these are is exact words, "the player was offisides, but the ball defected off blue". I promise, I am not making it up.

yea the ref on the other side of the field u kno those refs were bad both ways, neways the tape will tell the truth

I also agree with you on the bad play, both teams looked sloppy, but I will chalk some of that up to good defense.

trust me I was the goalkeeper in the first half and you were in an offsides position, but it doesn't matter know. you made the most of the situation with a good finish. you and your team are very talented and i wish you the best.

yea the ref on the other side of the field u kno those refs were bad both ways, neways the tape will tell the truth

No, it was the ref that was that was watching your offsides. I wouldn't lie, I think he came over because he thought the coach was yelling at him, and it was actually a parent. Vice never yells!

really who is this it must be mr reid?

It is me Alexander. I heard the referee along with all the other parents. He just blew the call, but you know and I know that's the way it goes sometimes. You played a good game!!! You made me nervous everytime you got the ball down by the 18. Especially the next to the last shot that the goal keeper made a great save on!

It is me Alexander. I heard the referee along with all the other parents. He just blew the call, but you know and I know that's the way it goes sometimes. You played a good game!!! You made me nervous everytime you got the ball down by the 18. Especially the next to the last shot that the goal keeper made a great save on!

yea tell matt he played really good too nd save some of those shots for club

seriously, you kept me on my toes every time you got the ball. Great game.