Hoover Tournament

sbafan

No game times in paper but here's the pools.......

Pool A is Father Ryan of Nashville, Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa, Hoover and Mortimer Jordan,

Pool B is Athens, Hayden, St. Benedict of Germantown, Tenn., and Thompson.

Pool C is Alabama Christian, Hueytown, Ider and Sparkman

Pool D is Girls Preparatory School of Chattanooga, Hazel Green, Tuscaloosa County and Vestavia.

Good luck to Father Ryan and St. Benedict. We(GPS) play at 5:30 and 7:00 CST Friday and then at 9 AM Saturday (same schedule as SBA). It will be interesting to see how three of the top Division II schools in Tennessee fair against the biggest and best that Alabama has to offer. I would love to see all three of us in the semi-finals. Again, good luck.

Good Luck to you (GPS) too. It will be really good competition this weekend. We (SBA) are looking forward to the challenge.......

Good luck to the girls at GPS. Jessica is my niece and she always looks forward to this tournament and the competition. Have fun and be safe!

Read where Father Ryan went 2 and 2 on the weekend losing 1-0 to SBA in the tournament. How did SBA do overall? We(GPS) had a tough weekend. We seemed tired/flat all day Saturday, which you can not afford against the good teams in this tournament. I'm sure we'll be back.

we(sba) got 3rd. we lost to hoover in the semis 1-0 in 9 innings on an error..it was a hard game all around both teams played hard and we(sba) couldnt get a run for anything...we also played kinda flat not our best weekend but no excusses rite...and those were some good teams always a good tourney.. losing is never fun or good but when it comes down to it may is what matters!!! this is all preparing us for then..

we(sba) got 3rd. we lost to hoover in the semis 1-0 in 9 innings on an error..it was a hard game all around both teams played hard and we(sba) couldnt get a run for anything...we also played kinda flat not our best weekend but no excusses rite...and those were some good teams always a good tourney.. losing is never fun or good but when it comes down to it may is what matters!!! this is all preparing us for then..

Congrats. We lost to Hoover last year in the semi's as well. You can probably count on getting stuck in the other side of the bracket next year. They don't like to take chances on not getting to the championship of their own tourney. Do you know how the championship game turned out, or who they played in the finals?

Congrats. We lost to Hoover last year in the semi's as well. You can probably count on getting stuck in the other side of the bracket next year. They don't like to take chances on not getting to the championship of their own tourney. Do you know how the championship game turned out, or who they played in the finals?

yea well thats how it goes sometimes ya kno..um they were playin vestavia hills in the championship game i dont kno how it turned out cause we headed back towards tennessee after the game...according to some of the hoover parents they play vestavia alot and there in there district i think and vestavia usually wins so my guess would be that vestavia won but never know...

Vestavia won 9-3. Wonder if Lupardus pitched the championship?

She pitched the quarterfinal game and the whole game with SBA. We spoke with her mother afterward and she said that her coach wouldn't pitch her against Vestavia until playoffs - so my guess would be no. :lol: