Why not dump TSSAA and form another governing sanction, run by the coa

SoccerOnTheRise

coacht - you seem to be the most in the loop about the content of the proposed rule. do you also know where, within, TSSAA this debate is taking place and who one might contact to either get more information or help to see the harm that the measure would do?

The proposal was faxed to all schools, I assume to the athletic directors in each case, for them to share with their coaches for discussion. I believe, but don't remember where I heard this, that it will not be brought before the TSSAA Legislative Council to be acted upon until March, 2007.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If 7 high school players played on a club team, during the school year, only 6 of those 7 would be eligible the next season.

How often does this happen? I maybe wrong about this, but only a non-soccer person would make such a rule. So, again punishing a person or persons who live in the same city, zone and play on the same team. How can you dictate who plays on what team. Now that is stepping over the boundry? I can see it now, The coach going to the 7 boys, you guys need to draw a straw, since you all play on the same club team, one of you has to sit out your high school soccer season, so we won't have to forfeight our season or games. How ridiculous!

How often does this happen? I maybe wrong about this, but only a non-soccer person would make such a rule. So, again punishing a person or persons who live in the same city, zone and play on the same team. How can you dictate who plays on what team. Now that is stepping over the boundry? I can see it now, The coach going to the 7 boys, you guys need to draw a straw, since you all play on the same club team, one of you has to sit out your high school soccer season, so we won't have to forfeight our season or games. How ridiculous!

So I hope if this happens, TSSAA will grant a waiver for the other kid to play for any soccer team he wants to play for correct, since they are not allowing him to play for his own school.