Riverdale Updates

Jumpman08

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RHS Football is still rolling on. Coach A is going to fit in perfectly and turn the Wing T offense into a high powered offense. We are r.e.a.d.y and still working harder than ever

r ya'll sure that we will be able to use the wing t effectivly. I mean yea we are mainly a run offense team but do you think we can use the wing t without gaston and tamar. Because don't get me wrong jeremy mcclain and trent gander are two dominant players but the question is can they work together to make the wing t work.

r ya'll sure that we will be able to use the wing t effectivly. I mean yea we are mainly a run offense team but do you think we can use the wing t without gaston and tamar. Because don't get me wrong jeremy mcclain and trent gander are two dominant players but the question is can they work together to make the wing t work.

Trust me we will be real effective with it and oh yea you are leaving alot of other pl that will be toatin the rock <_<

Trust me we will be real effective with it and oh yea you are leaving alot of other pl that will be toatin the rock :lol:

yea but it takes the fb and the rb to run it. the qb is just there to hand the ball off. Im really not worried bout scott as much as i am bout jeremy and trent. and then there is the oline which is not fast enough and not experienced enough to handle the wing t.

I have heard rumors that some coaches are leaving Riverdale... any coaches gone besides: Rankin, Britton, McDaniel, and freshman McDaniel?

Anybody heard anything?

The dust from the Coach A hiring definitely has to settle a bit. I'm still not sure who is coming with him and how many positions that will occupy. I guess that has to be decided first, and then decide who fills the remaining spots.

I'm hoping that Coach A can bring a lot of his coaches that can teach the Wing T. The Hillsboro defense only gave up about 8 points a game a threw 6 shutouts so they likely have some defensive expertise they could share as well.

Things will probably be more clear by the time practice starts next week.

yea but it takes the fb and the rb to run it. the qb is just there to hand the ball off. Im really not worried bout scott as much as i am bout jeremy and trent. and then there is the oline which is not fast enough and not experienced enough to handle the wing t.

At Hillsboro, their leading rusher last year was the QB. The QB had over 1,000 yards and averaged over 6 yards per carry. They had three other backs with 600+ yards and all averaged at least 6 yards per carry. I think there are some real good backs that will fit nicely into this offense.

Just for fun I'm going to say the starting backfield is:

QB -- Thomas

FB -- Hunter

WB -- Locke

HB -- McClain

I can see several guys that might push those in this offense. The Wing T is different and may provide the opportunity for some young guys to emerge. There are a couple of really fast, strong youngsters that nobody really talks about yet.

The Wing T seems to need depth at the backfield positions so it's good that we can go 2-3 deep in most of those positions with quality players. Luckily, we can go deep at TE too, and that is another crucial part of the offense.

At Hillsboro, their leading rusher last year was the QB. The QB had over 1,000 yards and averaged over 6 yards per carry. They had three other backs with 600+ yards and all averaged at least 6 yards per carry. I think there are some real good backs that will fit nicely into this offense.

Just for fun I'm going to say the starting backfield is:

QB -- Thomas

FB -- Hunter

WB -- Locke

HB -- McClain

I can see several guys that might push those in this offense. The Wing T is different and may provide the opportunity for some young guys to emerge. There are a couple of really fast, strong youngsters that nobody really talks about yet.

The Wing T seems to need depth at the backfield positions so it's good that we can go 2-3 deep in most of those positions with quality players. Luckily, we can go deep at TE too, and that is another crucial part of the offense.

I really like that backfield TDC. And whoever says the qb just hands the ball of is crazy. I dont think Coach A has ever had a QB rush for under a 1,000 yards. Plus it takes a smart Qb to make the right reads on who to give the ball to on the triple option.

:)

You obviously dont know what your tALKING abouit when it comes to the wing t especially when it comes to coach a wingt cause the qb in his is a huge facter and our linw will be fine :lol:

:thumb:

You obviously dont know what your tALKING abouit when it comes to the wing t especially when it comes to coach a wingt cause the qb in his is a huge facter and our linw will be fine :thumb:

I've played against the wing t many of times and the qb really wasn't a big factor I'm not saying he's not important I'm just saying that n most wing t the qb just hands the ball off and sits back and watches. Now rdale's new coach could have a different scheme of the wing t where the qb is a big factor and our o line is going to have to get faster and stronger to make this offense work. I know all of the oline men and I've played on the rdale oline til this year when I quit the team to get a job and relax. Don't get me wrong the oloine is awesome and they have a lot of heart but in order to make the wing t work they're going to have to learn new plays which is hard and they are going to have to get faster which isn't easy either.