Hacky Sack

Tweeter08

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately i decided to pick up a hacky sack and brush up on my skills. I have notice that my volleys have greatly improved as well as some other skills. I was just wondering if others players actually use this as a tool or just to have fun with.

Tweeter is a clown. He's plays for DB and let me assure you no amount of hacky sack can help that boy's skill.

Edited by GO_DB

The fact of the matter is that a hacky sac has no bounce to it. It is much easier to juggle a hacky than a soccer ball. I know you can carry one around and play anywhere which is fine, but given the choice you should always try to mimic game conditions as closely as possible( i.e. juggle a soccer ball). I'd say your volleys have gotten better because you might be concentrating more. The real solution to better touch on the ball is simply to practice and juggle with a soccer ball more. Hacky is fine for fun, but in terms of getting you ready for the touch and spring of an actual soccer ball, it does very little.

When juggling an actual soccer ball is not possible, hacky sacks might have a place. However, while this will improve coordination, I feel that it doesn't improve touch in a game at all. I think it's something to do for fun, but the value in actual game skill improvement is minimal.

I agree Futsol is an amazing way to practice your foot skills. Plus it is very entertaining.

I personally love futsol, i wish they had it professionally because i might just hit that up.

but, it does not help foot skills any better than using a real soccer ball and just playing normal 3 on 3. It is always best to get touches and experiance with what you need and use when you are actually playing the game; in this case this thing is a soccer ball.

For those of you that cannot juggle in your house without breaking things, you definitely need to juggle more because your touch is not near where it should be.

i too have juggled tennis balls and found it to help a little, but i still it does not have the same spin that comes with a soccer ball. One can challenge himself while juggling alone by kicking the ball with spin, or high, or a little too far in front of him/her where he/she has to go forward and still maintain control.

Have you done research to prove that hacky sack doesnt improved ball skills and your touch?? and you cant mimic game conditions if you are juggling by yourself because you would have no one putting pressure on you.. but if you are juggling a hacky sack with friends... its more competitive and you try harder

I don't want to be rude, but where did I ever say that hacky sack doesn't improve skill. I stated that a hacky sack doesn't have the same feel as a soccer ball, and that if given the choice, juggling a soccer ball would be more beneficial to your touch. Another thing is that I think you took my game conditions comment the wrong way. It is very hard to mimic game conditions when you are stuck with the only option of juggling. The point I was making is that the most game like thing would be to use the actual piece of equipment, a soccer ball, when you are juggling. A hacky sack can improve eye foot coordination, but so can a soccer ball. The difference is that a soccer ball has a much different touch than a hacky sack. The spring that comes from a soccer ball is much different than a hacky sack's cushion. This was all I was trying to state with my post and I don't know why your post had to be so aggressive in nature. I don't think I said anything offensive. Correct me if I did. Either way, LCSoccer's suggestion for an alternate option besides a soccer ball is probably better than a hacky sack anyways. Seeing as how he was a two time player of the year in TN I think he knows what he is talking about. As for your comment about juggling a soccer ball by yourself, and trying harder when you play hacky sack with your friends, I'm not sure of the point your trying to make. Are you saying that you can only juggle a hacky sack with your friends and not a soccer ball? I think you could juggle either one of them with a group or by yourself. Anyways for those who enjoy hacky sacking, this post is not meant to be offensive. I enjoy hackin it up myself and did so throughout highschool. However, I never found that it helped my touch very much, if at all. My added skill typically came from team practices and individual work on the soccer ball. Hacky sack is fun though. Mr. LCSoccer if you see this post by the way give me a call soon, I wanna hear about your spring season. Holdin it down for room 101 and The real Irish of K-town.

If you really want to improve touch, work with a skill ball. I think they are either size 1 or 2, but I can't remember which one for sure. They're available at any soccer store and most sporting good stores. I think hacky sack is fun, but for touch development, it is too different in feel.

LC, a tennis ball may be okay for an advanced player, but it would drive a developing player insane. Now that I think about it, that may explain a lot about you and IrishLegacy! :)

I don't want to be rude, but where did I ever say that hacky sack doesn't improve skill. I stated that a hacky sack doesn't have the same feel as a soccer ball, and that if given the choice, juggling a soccer ball would be more beneficial to your touch. Another thing is that I think you took my game conditions comment the wrong way. It is very hard to mimic game conditions when you are stuck with the only option of juggling. The point I was making is that the most game like thing would be to use the actual piece of equipment, a soccer ball, when you are juggling. A hacky sack can improve eye foot coordination, but so can a soccer ball. The difference is that a soccer ball has a much different touch than a hacky sack. The spring that comes from a soccer ball is much different than a hacky sack's cushion. This was all I was trying to state with my post and I don't know why your post had to be so aggressive in nature. I don't think I said anything offensive. Correct me if I did. Either way, LCSoccer's suggestion for an alternate option besides a soccer ball is probably better than a hacky sack anyways. Seeing as how he was a two time player of the year in TN I think he knows what he is talking about. As for your comment about juggling a soccer ball by yourself, and trying harder when you play hacky sack with your friends, I'm not sure of the point your trying to make. Are you saying that you can only juggle a hacky sack with your friends and not a soccer ball? I think you could juggle either one of them with a group or by yourself. Anyways for those who enjoy hacky sacking, this post is not meant to be offensive. I enjoy hackin it up myself and did so throughout highschool. However, I never found that it helped my touch very much, if at all. My added skill typically came from team practices and individual work on the soccer ball. Hacky sack is fun though. Mr. LCSoccer if you see this post by the way give me a call soon, I wanna hear about your spring season. Holdin it down for room 101 and The real Irish of K-town.

I'm home homey! You are the man. I think you may have actually done some studies involving the proper flight, touch, etc. of a sac. You are smart enough and studly enough (no particular order). I hear you involved live research participants such as Croatians. Is this true? You don't owe me a Mr. in the title. A plain ole' buddy will do the trick. I owe you the props for guiding your team to the postseason like you did. Call me IrishLegacy!

p.s. I love hoya

I think it has helped Science Hill's Eddie Yah. Have you seen his calf muscles, I mean dang!

not to seem rude, but you semm infactuated with Eddie Yah, is there something going on there?

but i keep hearing about this Eddie kid, and i am quite curious to see him play. Hopefully sometime Bearden and Science Hill will play this year, becasue Bearden usually does a good job in keeping super forwards at bay (in my one year of experience there anyway) :lol: