Sunbright Tigers

cfyj

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And shoulda been beat by Wartburg. They didn't impress me the night I seen them play at Sunbright. The Hawn Kid has a good arm, but that's about it.

well, did they impress this week when they beat you 11-1 and made your coach quit in the middle of the game?

coalfield beat Anderson County

anderson county is 2a in baseball.

This is from Coach Newberry..........We know we are an average team.......No one, especiallly me thinks anymore than that....We did play Loudon (went to state last year) and Lenoir City, who is AAA and our strength of schedule is not too bad. We needed confidence early in the year and won some games with some teams that have struggled this year. We are proud of the progress we have made and do not in anyway claim to be a powerhouse. We only have 1 senior and like everyone else want to improve for next season. This is my 1st year with this group of young men and am very proud of their progress. With that said, we understand it would take a great effort to beat a Coalfield or a Oliver Springs who have outstanding teams, well coached and lots of good athletes. We played well with both at times this season and when we learn to win big games, like they have, it will be a proud time here at Sunbright. Sunbright has never been a baseball school, lots of time when I was umpiring, they did not even have uniforms etc....At least let us enjoy a little success, even if its not at the level that some of the other teams have enjoyed. These are young men who love the game and are trying to play the best they can. We have not had any problems this year with any team and want to be the best sports we can and play as hard as we can. As far as 6th in the state, that was never said. Someone saw on CoachT that our winning percentage of 18-6 was 6th on this site. That was it...dont make it more than it was. We dont claim to be 6th in the county muchless the state. I dont want our players bragging on this or anyother site. I tell them everyday that your efforts on the field will be rewarded not by talking. We have made some new friends this year, Coach Stiltner at Oneida who has done a tremendous job reviving the program there. Coach Treece at Coalfield who obviously can coach since he won a state title. I also like to brag that he played for me a few years ago. We had some great times, just ask him. If we have offended anyone, we apologize and hope that we can just play baseball and let the best team that day win on the field. Remember, it is still just a game and when you compare it to what we deal with on a daily basis with these young men in their home lives, not that important. I have personally had a young man lose his mother to cancer in her early 40's, a few weeks later his father had a massive stroke, so criticize all you want, it just dont mean that much to me anymore..................................

i believe that all you people from oz and coalfield is just jealous of curtis newburry. you guys are always on here startin some stuff about this or that he has supposedly done. first it was the football scrimmage incident with oz and the security guard or whatever and now yall are makin up all this. the bottom line is he took the sunbright football program back to the playoffs for the first time in a long time and has the baseball team ready to make a run at rockwood and harriman for supremecy in this region. this whole thread was started about something about ineligible. what is that supposed to mean anyway? who could be ineligible? good luck curtis, i have you winning this tournament at coalfield next week.

i believe that all you people from oz and coalfield is just jealous of curtis newburry. you guys are always on here startin some stuff about this or that he has supposedly done. first it was the football scrimmage incident with oz and the security guard or whatever and now yall are makin up all this. the bottom line is he took the sunbright football program back to the playoffs for the first time in a long time and has the baseball team ready to make a run at rockwood and harriman for supremecy in this region. this whole thread was started about something about ineligible. what is that supposed to mean anyway? who could be ineligible? good luck curtis, i have you winning this tournament at coalfield next week.

yeh we are jealous of Curtis who isnt look at him...lol yeh right. winning the tourney this week at coalfield...they may make a run but winning it i seriously doubt it....they wont beat coalfield or Oz. But u never know with the that great coaching of curtis newberry....ha ha ha

Edited by bob367

yeh we are jealous of Curtis who isnt look at him...lol yeh right. winning the tourney this week at coalfield...they may make a run but winning it i seriously doubt it....they wont beat coalfield or Oz. But u never know with the that great coaching of curtis newberry....ha ha ha

why don't you get over yourself!! has coach newberry done something to you personally? he has been nothing but a positive person for the community of sunbright. and by the way...he is a good coach.