District 8A/AA Tournament

timbdp

FCS 1 Portland 4

WH 2 Station Camp 0

Here is your game breakdown:

Portland 4, Friendship 1

What is not shown is the fact that this game went to OVERTIME! FCS played a very good game for the first 80 minutes, taking it right at Portland for a couple stretches. 1-1 at the end of regulation (both goals came early in the first half) before Portland scored 3 overtime goals within the first 8 minutes. Game nearly turned ugly as two FCS players received red cards after the final goal, as the keeper was frustrated and attempted to kick the Portland player who scored the final goal while the other was a soft red. Game was very good and was won in the first 8 minutes of overtime. Portland was clearly the better team, but the score does not give enough credit to how well FCS played.

White House 2, Station Camp 0

WH played a very impressive game and won this game by absolutely dominating play in the midfield. They stepped through every 50/50 ball and took it straight at SC for a majority of the match. SC looked like they might be prepared to run away with the game early in the first as two free kicks hit posts and most of play was in the WH defensive third. 0-0 at halftime. WH scored early in the second when the initial shot was stopped by SC, only to go to another WH player across the box who found the net. WH midfield domination ensued and SC was never able to amount an attack, though they did continue to apply some offensive pressure, but only had one shot that was a real threat. Last goal came on a breakaway with about 30 seconds left. WH won this game with hard work and deserve all the credit for taking it to the top seed in this tournament.

Now let's do the prediction for tomorrow night's district final between Portland and White House. WH will not be able to dominate the midfield with the ease they did against SC, but their pressure will create some turnovers that will lead to offensive opportunities. Portland's defense has been suspect the last couple weeks, but I think they are good enough to thwart WH chances. Portland's speed and skill will be the difference, and WH will put up a valiant effort, but the end result: Portland 3, White House 1.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game played by white house even though they dont stand a chance tomorrow night

I jus feel bad my team couldnt pull off the win after I broke my leg about 5 min into the game i feel really bad for our seniors who had to go out like that

That was definitely a factor in the game and I was hoping that it wasn't that serious and am sorry that it was. You definitely could tell that your playmaking ability was missed up top and that, without you in the game, SC was not the same team. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

That was definitely a factor in the game and I was hoping that it wasn't that serious and am sorry that it was. You definitely could tell that your playmaking ability was missed up top and that, without you in the game, SC was not the same team. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

As a friendship player that played in the game yesterday, i have to give it up for portland during overtime, during the last 5 minutes of the game we were constantly getting chances in front of the goal but couldn't seem to put them away, congrats to portland for coming out during overtime, and good luck on tomorrow night against white house, you guys will go a long way.

First I'd like to give my wishes for a speedy recovery to the Station Camp player who broke his leg; I could tell your presence was missed throughout the rest of the match. Secondly, kudos to White House for playing a hard fought match and coming away with the W. Thirdly, I'm disappointed in Friendship for the apparant lack of sportsmanship that was displayed. Fourth, good luck to both sides in the championship game. And last, but, certainly not least, God only knows how Portland ended up with a 3 seed; I think they're the best team in the district. Well, there's my two cents worth, and it's probably not even worth that, so I'll look forward to an exciting championship game. I'm going with the Panthers; 3-1. :(

thanks alot

good luck to both teams

it should be a very interesting game

Portland won 3-1. The game was tied 0-0 at the end of regulation and went into the two 10 minute overtimes. Portland scored 2 goals in the first 10 minute overtime and WH and Portland both scored 1 in the second. It was a very good game and both teams played their hearts out. Congrats to Portland for the win and maybe we'll see ya'll again in the region. It should be one heck of a game!

Portland won 3-1. The game was tied 0-0 at the end of regulation and went into the two 10 minute overtimes. Portland scored 2 goals in the first 10 minute overtime and WH and Portland both scored 1 in the second. It was a very good game and both teams played their hearts out. Congrats to Portland for the win and maybe we'll see ya'll again in the region. It should be one heck of a game!

Once again, Portland exploded in overtime to pull off the win in one heck of a district championship. White House would have won a game of "Posts" in the first ten minutes of the game, as they hit crossbar, left, and right posts. Pressure was fairly equal in the first half, though WH did have the more exciting chances. The second half was a reversal of the first, as Portland had the more exciting opportunities, but failed to capitalize. Overtime saw Potland's strikers work 3 beautiful balls to each other that resulted in 3 goals, and WH finished the scoring wih about a minute left.

I thought the small field would be an advantage for WH and it most certainly was. They were able to sneak the ball in behind the Portland backs and had plenty of good opportunities.

Overall, I think WH showed drastic improvement over the course of the tournament and would say they are a definite contender to make it to the region championship. portland simply had too many weapons and eventually pulled it out.

Region 4 Tournament:

DeKalb Co. at Portland

White House at Livingston Academy

Predictions to come...

Edited by smittygk00