Fireworks during a game

lifesapitch

Covington High School is and always has been a member of the Tipton County Schools. Until consolidation 3 years ago, there was a Covington City School system, but it was only grades K - 8. Covington High School was part of Tipton County then.

Both games I attended, a CHS administrator was present. I guess they're used to this redneck behavior in their school on a daily basis. Why else would they ignore it?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you people at USJ always have an excuss to why you lose. the "rednecks" or the fire works did not beat you get over it.

Sorry Tater - if you read SallyMae's post again, you'll note she is not a USJer. But maybe you're part of the redneck crew ...

As for the behavior in center - there was at least one play that was affected. A covington player hit a shot to dead center that the USJ center fielder nearly caught close to the wall - despite the worst of the worst behavior from the rednecks. I for one believe the center fielder makes the catch if he isn't worried about what the rednecks are going to do. And as I recall, a run scored as a result of this play.

So - if you're one of the idiots out there - show some class. Covington is too good a team to have this kind of garbage going on. :ph34r:

What does fireworks have to do with the way you play?

fireworks are not allowed during games. These rule are in place for a reason. It is not so much about distraction, as it is about the safety of the players. If a firework had mis-fired and went onto the field and hit a player, this would have been a very bad situation. The safety of the players should be our top concern.

You need to ask Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA that question. They are the ones that made the rule.

I do have an opinion. I have known several people that have a serious phobia of fireworks because of there proven danger. Let's say USJ's Centerfielder or 2nd Baseman (could be any of them) were one of the individuals that has a serious phobia of fireworks. Is it possible that this could have had an impact on the game in question? I think the answer is obvious to anyone who is willing to look at the situation without their home team blinders.

I tell you it is a fact that one of USJ fielders had some serious firework injuries a few years ago. Not an excuse...a fact.

Edited by necvol

It wasn't just the fireworks - although that was bad enough. It was the agressive behavior demonstrated toward the opposing player - whether language, beating on cars, or kicking the fence - that affected the play. Think of it this way. The catcher attempts to field a pop up back to the fence and the opposing fans cuss him out, shake the backstop, and attempt to rattle him. What would blue do? I think we know.

Why is this behavior tolerated just because it is behind the center field fence? :unsure:

You need to ask Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA that question. They are the ones that made the rule.

I do have an opinion. I have know several people that have a serious phopia of fireworks because of there proven danger. Let's say USJ's Centerfielder or 2nd Baseman (could be any of them) were one of the individuals that has a serious phobia of fireworks. Is it possible that this could have had an impact on the game in question? I think the answer is obvious to anyone who is willing to look at the situation without their home team blinders.

I tell you it is a fact that one of USJ fielders had some serious firework injuries a few years ago. Not an excuse...a fact.

"phopia" wow you are not the perfect typest either.