Next Football coach for Perry County?

msufan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey vikingpride,

your the num nuts I never bashed Coach Bronson Bradley from Waynesboro and Coach Robinson who is a big bow hunter and a Miss. fan. ooo what a minute I dont know about the PC football program right????????? Yeah I knew about Forrest White who played middle linebacker his freshman year and started. Calvin Zemer his dad builds engines or has something to do with racing dirt bikes but thats been back in the day. Coach Rice when comming to PC was going through a divorce. I remember when we all went to Culman AL for football camp with Collinwood. Coach Rice Drove.

I'm sorry am I giving you too much info. And if you read my thread there was one other coach I couldnt think of his name, however I remember alot of players went to the school board to try to keep him in PC. What else???????? At the time Mr. David Rhodes was the superintendent and was hunting buddies with Rick.Dang am I going to fast for ya. I am very proud to see those players get scholarships they should be very proud of themselves. Thats absolutly awsone they accomplished that. Thanks any other questions hollar..... Hey PC Keep UP the HARD WORK!!!!!!!

Edited by truefootballplayer2006

i heard they hired an eagleville guy that was from parsons, not as head coach though. as an assisstant and they may hire one more assisstant. last i heard they are still interviewing for the head coaching job.

go vikings.

Why is it so HUSH HUSH about this job? Maybe, they've already decided on Coach Bradley, but just advertising in order to go by the book. Of course, going by the book is not a norm for PC. Is it?

I can only imagine how Coach Bradley must feel. Talk about leaving somebody HANGING!

Why is it so HUSH HUSH about this job? Maybe, they've already decided on Coach Bradley, but just advertising in order to go by the book. Of course, going by the book is not a norm for PC. Is it?

I can only imagine how Coach Bradley must feel. Talk about leaving somebody HANGING!

What exactly IS "going by the book"? What would happen if they just gave Bradley the job and didn't interview anybody else?

What exactly IS "going by the book"? What would happen if they just gave Bradley the job and didn't interview anybody else?

I just meant, "Are they advertising the job for the public?" because "MAYBE" they have to do so due to State Job Guidelines.

I'm not sure about legalities as far as the hiring process goes on State jobs. Are there guidelines? Not sure. You know.... State and Government jobs have to be careful due to discrimination, etc.. You know what I mean, like E.O.E.. ---- This is what I meant by "going by the book".

I've seen PC hire people in the school system because of who they are or who their parents are, not because they have a Teaching Degree, College Education, or even coaching experience, BECAUSE SOME DON'T! I honestly don't know how they hire people without Teaching Degree's. I don't pretend to know the law, but as a practical person in the world, I just wonder how things happen when things don't appear to be going by the book. I do know that it can be a who's who game, because I have lived it in Perry County for quite some time.

As for Bronson, he is a GREAT person! I know that he has learned a lot about football from the former coaches while at Perry County. When he came here, he was so young and fresh. My young children and fellow church members love him. He is a great Christian guy! I was not intending to "KNOCK" Bronson. I feel for him not knowing anything as to the outcome of the job. I would have to know.

As for "JUST GIVING BRADLEY THE JOB, AND NOT INTERVIEWING ANYONE ELSE"...... I would guess that nothing would happen unless someone pursued it. I'm sure there are loop holes in the interviewing process. BUT, just my opinion, I would want to interview others just to seek EXPERIENCE instead of handing the job down to the next man on the totem pole. It happens all of the time at PC. I'm not saying this to knock Bronson out of the running, but everyone wants a winning football season! EXPERIENCE does count for something!

Edited by ItzeyB

I just meant, "Are they advertising the job for the public?" because "MAYBE" they have to do so due to State Job Guidelines.

I'm not sure about legalities as far as the hiring process goes on State jobs. Are there guidelines? Not sure. You know.... State and Government jobs have to be careful due to discrimination, etc.. You know what I mean, like E.O.E.. ---- This is what I meant by "going by the book".

I've seen PC hire people in the school system because of who they are or who their parents are, not because they have a Teaching Degree, College Education, or even coaching experience, BECAUSE SOME DON'T! I honestly don't know how they hire people without Teaching Degree's. I don't pretend to know the law, but as a practical person in the world, I just wonder how things happen when things don't appear to be going by the book. I do know that it can be a who's who game, because I have lived it in Perry County for quite some time.

As for Bronson, he is a GREAT person! I know that he has learned a lot about football from the former coaches while at Perry County. When he came here, he was so young and fresh. My young children and fellow church members love him. He is a great Christian guy! I was not intending to "KNOCK" Bronson. I feel for him not knowing anything as to the outcome of the job. I would have to know.

As for "JUST GIVING BRADLEY THE JOB, AND NOT INTERVIEWING ANYONE ELSE"...... I would guess that nothing would happen unless someone pursued it. I'm sure there are loop holes in the interviewing process. BUT, just my opinion, I would want to interview others just to seek EXPERIENCE instead of handing the job down to the next man on the totem pole. It happens all of the time at PC. I'm not saying this to knock Bronson out of the running, but everyone wants a winning football season! EXPERIENCE does count for something!

why do you guys keep bringing up the experience issue. bradley has playing experience in highschool and college, 5 years of coaching experience and has basically lead this team for the past year. nobody would know this team better than he does. anyone who talks to him can tell he is a real student of the game.

perry county has been hiring football head coaches based solely on experience since the program started 10 years ago and it has got them no where.

i say take the gamble on a young, energetic guy and finally get this program where it needs to be.

go vikings

They have interviewed someone from outside the district who is a quality teacher and coach, and who should get the job; we'll see what happens.

i do not believe they have interviewed anyone from within our region, with the exception of bradley. do you personnally know the guy your talking about? all i know is they did hire a guy from eagleville and i think he starts this week.

why do you guys keep bringing up the experience issue. bradley has playing experience in highschool and college, 5 years of coaching experience and has basically lead this team for the past year. nobody would know this team better than he does. anyone who talks to him can tell he is a real student of the game.

perry county has been hiring football head coaches based solely on experience since the program started 10 years ago and it has got them no where.

i say take the gamble on a young, energetic guy and finally get this program where it needs to be.

go vikings

As for not getting them anywhere.... You need to step back and compare apples to apples. This past year was the FIRST year that PC has played the correct teams in their region since Rice took over. Someone (can't remember who) was suppose to go to the Meetings and NO ONE from Perry County showed, therefore, they just put us in with a bunch of teams that we shouldn't have even been playing (i.e. USJ, JCS, Trinity, Fayette Academy, Middleton); THEREFORE, the teams were tougher.

Now, we are playing teams of the same caliber. Don't go tooting your whistle on Bradley just because of the one year. "HE" HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. If we would have been in the right grouping to begin with, I feel 100% sure that we would have made it to the play-offs every year that Coach Rice was here. After all, we did once. Regarding experience, most of the other coaches played football from age of little boys all the way through Jr. High, High School, and College. So I guess that since they are older, that would mean more experience. Playing and coaching.

I know this can all be taken wrong, and probably will, but I DO LIKE BRADLEY, but just don't forget to compare apples to apples, if you are going to knock the last 10 years!

Edited by ItzeyB