BEARDEN VS FARRAGUT

Tin-Man

Because Bearden soccer consists of booming the ball up to Rico, praying that he somehow miraculously gets a good bounce, beats the sweeper and then misses the goal by 10 yards. Oh yeah, then everyone on bearden is like "GOOD JOB TEAM! LOL"

they 'boomoed' the ball to every forward, there could not have been crosses from the outside forwards if they neer got the ball.

I might add that even if this is the only thing that they do all game long, that Rico did beat your sweeper twice and should have had a hat trick, bad luck there.

The defensive side played wonderful as a team, and their intensity was as a team.

The style they play does not make them less of a team.

Edited by Tin-Man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not know what game you were watching friday night, but it doesn't sound like it was at Farragut High.

Bearden's defense does kick it up to Rico alot, he is the best forward; however, they passed alot up the sides to the forwards who got around the corner and passed a ball into the six. Rico did pass when he was double teamed or trapped the ball with out advancing.

Im pretty sure everytime any forward got the ball they just kicked it to rico. They may have gotten around the corner a couple times but most of the time everything went right up the middle.

Edited by chaser89

Ben never went around him one time.

One time he almost did but Trevor blocked the cross and Farragut got a corner.

Might i add that Trevor and Ben hit the ball at the same time and he flipped Ben right to the ground.

He pretty much dominated him on every play.

Maybe you are thinking about his crosses when he was switched to the other side of the field or something.

Biggie Smalls, Ben was right next to him when he won 50/50 balls, it is just that Trevor is faster and stronger.

Don't get me wrong here, i know it sounds like i am making Trevor out to be some God, if you look back this is the first time he has ever been mentioned; i just thought he had a great game, and the best i have ever seen him play.

That is the most ridiculous comment i have ever heard. I have lost all respect for you because of your outrageous remarks about your brother.

That is the most ridiculous comment i have ever heard. I have lost all respect for you because of your outrageous remarks about your brother.

are you going to come up with some thoughtful reply or just sit there behind your foolishness, saying i am crazy with no facts to bring about your point?

because that is crazy, tell me i am wrong and give some examples of why. at least give it a try.

are you going to come up with some thoughtful reply or just sit there behind your foolishness, saying i am crazy with no facts to bring about your point?

because that is crazy, tell me i am wrong and give some examples of why. at least give it a try.

First of all, u said that ur brother was the best player on the field. Come on now, you cant be serious. He showed no skill or ability to control the ball. Just clearing the ball everytime does not make you a good player. I was at the game and i would not even consider him one of the better players on the field. The sweeper for Bearden was by far their best defender.

And secondly, ur comments of how ur brother dominated Backstrom and how he is faster and stonger are absurd. Im pretty sure Backstrom has 2 sick goals and 2 assists in the two games against Bearden. So i dont think any player on Bearden has "dominated" him.

Backstrom still scored in the game, I know it was a direct kick, but you can't argue that he wasn't a factor in the game. I wasn't at the game, but from reading the posts, it sounds like Bearden used Rico as their only attack and their defense cleared the ball long every time. When you center your attack around one player, you are not going to win a lot of close games. Farragut, on the other hand, works more as a team and does not focus on getting just one player the ball. Backstrom is a great player who will draw defenders the rest of the season. If he gets man-marked, that will just open up other players and give them more of a chance to score. Also, remember that this is team vs. team, not player vs. player.

Edited by ah20

First of all, u said that ur brother was the best player on the field. Come on now, you cant be serious. He showed no skill or ability to control the ball. Just clearing the ball everytime does not make you a good player. I was at the game and i would not even consider him one of the better players on the field. The sweeper for Bearden was by far their best defender.

And secondly, ur comments of how ur brother dominated Backstrom and how he is faster and stonger are absurd. Im pretty sure Backstrom has 2 sick goals and 2 assists in the two games against Bearden. So i dont think any player on Bearden has "dominated" him.

I said he was the best player in this game, not the best player overall. He just played a really good game. He is not supposed to control the ball with skill and beat three defenders, he has controlled the ball in the past but did not need to in this game. especially seeing as how Farragut scores on opportunites and a defender controlling a ball is very dangerous.

Umm he is faster for sure, and he won the 50/50 balls so i guess he just physical beat Ben to them, when their feet collided at the same time, Ben was the won that hit the ground, not Trevor. I do not see how you say that my comments are absurd, it happened.

Ok, the one 'sick' goal in the first game was another game and a very nice goal.

We are talking about Friday nights game. his goal this game, nothing could be done by a defender except to not commit a foul near the box, again it was a very nice goal.

I can see how you can see him as not a very good player because he booted, but if you look, alot of the 'boots' do actually go somewhere, either to space or to a forward. All the defenders should be looking up for space to boot it to, and they did a pretty good job of it.

I guess people forget that Ryan Radcliffe scored the first goal. Rico is a very good forward, but not the only guy the ball goes to.

Backstrom still scored in the game, I know it was a direct kick, but you can't argue that he wasn't a factor in the game. I wasn't at the game, but from reading the posts, it sounds like Bearden used Rico as their only attack and their defense cleared the ball long every time. When you center your attack around one player, you are not going to win a lot of close games. Farragut, on the other hand, works more as a team and does not focus on getting just one player the ball. Backstrom is a great player who will draw defenders the rest of the season. If he gets man-marked, that will just open up other players and give them more of a chance to score. Also, remember that this is team vs. team, not player vs. player.

Yes, Ben is very dangerous and needs to be man marked, which he kind of was, because his shot is so accurate and hard to let him go loose (we saw that in the first game), his goal was a huge factor in the game, it gave them a win, it had to be. They did use Rico a lot in the game, but hey when something is working why stop? He beat the defender and keeper twice but could not finish it. The attack was not Rico Rico Rico they were plenty of balls on the outside that went in, and Ryan scored the first goal with no factor of Rico in the play.

I realize this is a team vs. team and i give props to Farragut for their win and luck in regions and state.

Tin Man-

If I was Trevor, and I was related to you, I would tell you to shut your mouth and never post on Coacht again. For you to say he dominated any Farragut player is ridiculous. Its funny we have never spoke of Trevor on this site until now...but Backstroms name just keeps rising. I think Ben's name was in the paper on Saturday morning..and I think his team Won the game also. (Trevor read about Ben and what he did for his team to WIN)

Faster,stronger, more skilled ???.....but for some reason we have never heard of your brother until you decided to build him up into some national pool defender.

Defense.....does the name MUTH ring a bell...if your looking for a stud in double overtime, just ask him....I'm pretty sure he made the paper also.

Goals scored-Farragut had 2 great goals...the one radcliffe scored was a deflection and SHOULD have been saved. ( u know that but just cannot admit it)

To sum it up, when bearden and farragut play, do you really think that the Farragut coaches command their team to avoid Trevor, or do you think Coach Turner makes sure that Ben Backstrom is marked at all times??????? u tell me:)

Tin Man-

If I was Trevor, and I was related to you, I would tell you to shut your mouth and never post on Coacht again. For you to say he dominated any Farragut player is ridiculous. Its funny we have never spoke of Trevor on this site until now...but Backstroms name just keeps rising. I think Ben's name was in the paper on Saturday morning..and I think his team Won the game also. (Trevor read about Ben and what he did for his team to WIN)

Faster,stronger, more skilled ???.....but for some reason we have never heard of your brother until you decided to build him up into some national pool defender.

Defense.....does the name MUTH ring a bell...if your looking for a stud in double overtime, just ask him....I'm pretty sure he made the paper also.

Goals scored-Farragut had 2 great goals...the one radcliffe scored was a deflection and SHOULD have been saved. ( u know that but just cannot admit it)

To sum it up, when bearden and farragut play, do you really think that the Farragut coaches command their team to avoid Trevor, or do you think Coach Turner makes sure that Ben Backstrom is marked at all times??????? u tell me:)

i have said that Trevor has never been mentioned, and have stated that he is not the best player on either team, just that his game was nearly flawless and he was the best player on the field that night.

did i ever say that Farragut didn't win? i don't think so.

did i ever say that Ben did not score? i don't think so, i congratulated him for his great shot.

did i ever say that Trevor is more skilled then Ben? i don't think so.

Where did you pull out these crazy assumptions? these came out of no where.

Did you just say that Bearden's goal was a deflection and should have been saved, as if in the first game Farragut did not have a deflection as the first goal and a hand ball for the second goal? what a double standard.

I think that Bearden makes sure Ben is covered, i have already stated how dangerous he is.

Why don't you try thinking and looking at previous posts before you talk out of your "behind".

The only thing you (people against my opinion) all can come up with of why i am wrong is that Ben scored a goal, which had nothing to do with Trevor defending him.

and another thing, how can one call one cross and a goal better than another cross and a goal?

I think one of the big problems is that Trevor is your brother. Just like everyone got on a kid from Westview pumping up his brother, they probably feel the same way about this. I wish I could have seen the game, and hopefully both Trevor and Ben will be able to match up again this Thursday.

GET OVER YOUR BROTHER! First you say he dominated Ben and was perfect in every way. now you say that he was nearly flawless. what was his flaw. letting ben get by him which by the way is the only thing you claim that your brother didnt let him do. i was at the game and i never even noticed a #16 on Bearden's team so obviously he didnt "dominate" as well as you think. and YES! RICO IS BEARDEN'S ONLY OFFENSE. It has been both games against Farragut. i dont even think he is that good. he is juist tall especially compared to the person defending him. almost everytime bearden touched the ball..BAM it went right to rico. rico is beardens only player. if he doesnt play bearden is screwed. when he wasnt in the game bearden didnt have an offense. but hte point is. GET OVER YOUR BROTHER! YOU ARE VERY BIASED. you even said that this might be biased. well thats about the only you have said right on here is that what you said is biased. JUST GET OVER HIM. i dont play soccer but if he was good im sure i wouldve notcied that he even played. GET OVER HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! farragut won bearden lost. end of story lets talk about something else please big G or whatever block this topic its just gonna be about trevor or whatever his name. ive never heard of him but if you wanna talk about him tin-man make a topic about him. people might care on there. BigG it was a great game too bad you missed it.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz