Region 8-1A news and info

jacket2557

Does anyone have any news, opinions, or anything really to say about 8 1A? I know the region as a whole will be improved. I figure Union City won't be as strong, but will still be the team to beat. Gleason and South Fulton will still be bad I guess. Greenfield Bruceton and West Carrol Fight for last play off spot. Mckenzie and Lake County see who can score the most. And Union City eats up the spoils of being the big fish in a small pond. And has anyone heard anything about some new assistant coaches at Union City and Lake County? Wardawg or anyone else got any info on possible candidates? I've heard some rumors, but want to know if they have any truth. Any info on any teams will help spark conversation thanks.

Jacket, Lake Co. is just beginning the process of interviewing for assistant coaches. We have two P.E. spots we hope to fill with football coaches. AS far as UC goes, I saw on the TSSAA website they are looking for an o-line coach. Finally as the early guesses on the region go; UC is still champ till someone knocks them off. I would think Mckenzie and Lake Co. have the best shot but there seems to be a surprise team in this region every year. Bruceton, West Carrol, Gleason and Greenfield will battle for the last Playoff spot. I think South Fulton will still be young and will need another year to really compete.

Edited by wardawg2038

Wardawg you are beating around the bush some. As you can tell I am from Greenfield and am a starting lineman on the team. What I was wanting to know was are you guys going after our o and d line coach? Coach Puckett. He has coached me for two years now and I don't want to see him go. He lives next to a family member of mine, so I asked him about it. He said he is in talks for several spots, but Lake County is #1 on his list. We were supposed to offer him a job, but I guess vaughn is screwing that up too. I hope we can keep him he is great, but wherever he goes he will greatly improve. So I hope not Lake County either :o You guys have enough speed, you don't need a better line too. Anyways, good luck to you guys in your search, but leave our guy alone. (joke)