12U STATE RESULTS

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a lot of talent this weekend in Shelbyville. Memphis Elite you ARE #1!Trotters you fought to the very end, Memphis Tigers, you've got the talent! Shox and Moore Co - very impressive!! Hats off to the top five 12U teams! You ladies played extremely well. Good luck in the Nationals!

There was a lot of talent this weekend in Shelbyville. Memphis Elite you ARE #1!Trotters you fought to the very end, Memphis Tigers, you've got the talent! Shox and Moore Co - very impressive!! Hats off to the top five 12U teams! You ladies played extremely well. Good luck in the Nationals!

U R so right when u stated that the Memphis Elite Lady Tigers have the talent, but what good is talent if don't have the coaching to help u get over the tough and mental part of the game. The MPHS Elite Lady Tigers were down 21 points to MPHS Elite Daniels in the first half and up to the 4 minute mark of the second half. The Lady Tigers coaching staff waited too long and too late to employ their pressure defense. When the pressure defense was employed they ( lady tigers) were able to cut the lead to 10 and lose by 12.

If the coaching staff had gone to a woman on woman defense, pressure the in bounder and employed the full court press we might have been watching the same teams take the court in the championship. Hats off to the new champs of West Tn. represent well and stay focus.

Edited by 44and1

U R so right when u stated that the Memphis Elite Lady Tigers have the talent, but what good is talent if don't have the coaching to help u get over the tough and mental part of the game. The MPHS Elite Lady Tigers were down 21 points to MPHS Elite Daniels in the first half and up to the 4 minute mark of the second half. The Lady Tigers coaching staff waited too long and too late to employ their pressure defense. When the pressure defense was employed they ( lady tigers) were able to cut the lead to 10 and lose by 12.

If the coaching staff had gone to a woman on woman defense, pressure the in bounder and employed the full court press we might have been watching the same teams take the court in the championship. Hats off to the new champs of West Tn. represent well and stay focus.

I agree totally, that is exactly what I was talking about. what good is it to have all those talented players they have and they do not know how to use it. In the other forum I said the exact same thing. I did'nt certainly want to take any glory away from the Elite-Daniels, but just simply stating that Elite-Lady Tigers coaches need to take notes from the Elite Coaches.

Simply said,

44and1

Edited by Hoops12u

You're right with the exception that by this time the Elite-Daniels team only had two starters on the court. I also think we're examining the wrong game. Only a Tiger win against the Trotters would have produced an All Elite Championship. I'm curious about an analysis of what went wrong in THAT game.

Edited by BBallExtreme

TNBBALL - from what I observed all of the teams had great players. They wouldn't have made it to the State if they did not. I wouldn't name names specifically. It takes a "Team" to WIN not and not ONE individual player. Good luck to all.

I agree. It would be nice to know some of the girls names so we can look for them in the future. I have seen a lot of potential and would like say my daughter played against her in 2006 and now she is in the WNBA. :ph34r:

Well, what happen was about the same big mistakes. The coaches of the Elite/Lady

Tigers. started the game against the Trotters in a 1-3-1 zone. Well, this allowed the Trotters to stand out there and make open 3 pointers. Anyone, should know that the Trotters are good outside shooters. Then, Elite/Lady Tigers did not converted soon enough, which put their team in the hole. If you watched that game once they did switch the defense to man to man, it got them back in the game. By that time the players were exausted from having to fight back. The next mistake was very poor substitution patterns. They left players in the game too long, which caused the players to start making tired mistakes. Looks like to me someone need to pull someones coat tail on the coaching bench and just stop sitting there watching the game like a spectator. However, when you start off making huge mistakes in the first part of game like that, most coaches will regroup and try something different sooner than later.

You would think!!

Why don't you coach? You may want to talk with your coaches at the appropriate time and ask these questions....maybe they have an answer....if not then maybe you need to coach yourself or take your daughter to another team...(assuming you have child on the team).