Walk or stumbling into M'boro

MiddleTNSoccer

Trust me, jon26, few are as informed as I am. I'm sorry if private school folks think I'm picking on them (I haven't done that since I was in high school).

You said "DII soccer is the strongest in the state". I'm sure you are excited because Baylor is having a good year.

Sorry, but I don't blurt out statements without being able to back them up like that. I have seen BGA, MBA, Father Ryan, Baylor this season. I also have to look at the scores. I haven't seen McCallie, but I know that neither Baylor nor McCallie could beat Father Ryan this season.

I said that only one DII school is in the top 5 or 6 teams in the state. Obviously, that team is CBHS. I didn't say that there weren't good private school teams. In fact, I think Baylor or BGA could pull the upset and win the whole thing. I'd include McCallie in that as well.

After the top 5 or 6 DII teams, there aren't a whole lot of good teams. Now that, my friend, is a fact. Teams 6-10 in DI are much better than teams 6-10 in DII.

Who's next? This is fun.

I'll agree with that. DI has more depth than DII. But that is only because they have more numbers as well. I believe that the percentages of strong teams are about the same.

But that is not my argument with you. You claim that there are at least five non DII teams that are better than BGA. Who are they. Your idea may be correct (there are more good teams outside of DII, than inside it), but I think you have your numbers mixed up.

I may be wrong. There is a chance that I have completely over looked a few teams. Please, if you could just name those five teams and prove your point then I will consent defeat and leave you alone (if I agree that those five are better).

Edited by ydet

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic